Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 4: Movie Time!

march blogger boot camp day top 4 favorite movies, makeupwithaheart, harry potter, werewolf boy, crazy stupid love, how to train your dragon

It's Fridaaaayy! After a long week, all I want to do is snuggle up in a comfy blanket, boil a warm, cup of tea and stay in my bed. If you're also staying in this weekend, I recommend watching these four movies. While these movies aren't the latest releases, I can always watch them without being bored. They're family-friendly and never get old. So, without further ado, let's talk (and then watch) my top four movies of all time!


1. How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon (2010) is a heartwarming, coming of age story following the journey of a young Norse named Hiccup and his Night Fury, Toothless. As a little kid, my brother and I were obsessed with dragons. We even bought a book about dragonology and have treasured it ever since. It has great animations and the visuals are breathtaking. Even though it is an animated movie, all age groups can enjoy from as young as five to as old as elderly! It's a bit darker than the average animated movie but not scary for young audiences. HTYD has a great lesson in coming into your own self and changing the status quo for the better. There's a sequel, How to Train Your Dragon 2 as well as a third installment coming in 2018. 

2. Crazy. Stupid. Love
I'm a huge fan of romantic comedies and an even bigger fan of Emma Stone. I don't get the obsession with Ryan Gosling but then again, I haven't watched the Notebook. Trying not to give anything away but it's a cute story about how complicated love can get. There's a side of seriousness with just enough humor to keep things lighthearted. Lots of funny moments and eye candy, if you're into that stuff. Crazy. Stupid. Love (2011) is a cute movie.

3. Harry Potter franchise
I'm going to cheat a little and say the entire Harry Potter movie franchise is my favorite. It's very rare for a movie based on a book to do not disappoint upon the conversion. I mean, there are a few plot problems and omissions that make it hard for someone who has never read the books to follow along. But aside from those issues, the cinematography and special effects are spectacular. Every actor and actress was aptly casted, so much so that I can't imagine anyone else in their role. It's hard to even pick a favorite but if I had to, I'd pick Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) because the sinister tone of the movie made a strong impression on me. *SPOILER ALERT* 
I mean, Voldemort rose during this time and that marked the beginning of a dark time for the wizarding world. Director Mike Newell did wonderfully by the book. I've rewatched the entire series at least 3 times so, it's an understatement to say that this is probably my most favorite movie(s) of all time. I remember leaving the theater after watching the seventh movie and feeling empty inside. After five years since the end of the movies, JK Rowling has released a play telling the story of Albus Potter. I totally want to see it live but I'll probably settle for the book.

4. Werewolf Boy
Lastly, I'm recommending a South Korean movie, Werewolf Boy (2012). Before you knock it as just another werewolf story, it's much better than Twilight. Koreans are such gifted storytellers and expert emotional manipulators. This film merges melodrama with fantasy for an intense experience. It's the number one Korean melodrama of all time with 7 million admissions. With a population of 51.5 million people, that's quite impressive. It made me fall in love with Song Joong Ki as an actor and I'm totally excited for his latest drama. I'd definitely come prepared with a box of tissues because this one is a real tearjerker. 

And there you have it: my favorite, four all time movies. If you end up watching any of them, I'd love to hear what you think! I'm not a fan of sad, scary or crude movies but I'd like to hear your recommendations. 


XOXO,

Cindy ♥

No comments