Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 14: What's in my Makeup Bag? - Spring Break Edition

spring break makeup bag essentials, march blogger bootcamp day 14 makeupwithaheart
As I'm writing this post, it is the first day of Spring! Some of y'all are probably on Spring Break so I created a very simple look that'll get your through the week. This was definitely a challenge for me because I like to pack tons of product, even if I'm only going away for a few days. Even if you're not on Spring Break, this is a minimalistic makeup that acts as a great base for additional details if desired! The theme of this Makeup Bag is "Multi-tasking Products for Those Emergency Situations."


{THE LOOK}

spring break makeup bag essentials, march blogger bootcamp day 14 makeupwithaheart

{THE PRODUCT LIST}

spring break makeup bag essentials, march blogger bootcamp day 14 makeupwithaheart

FACE
On my lazy days, I can't be bothered to go through with my entire skincare routine. That's when the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Protect (buy) comes in handy. This product a triple threat: moisturizer, SPF and primer. It contains broad spectrum SPF 30 so I slather it generously all over my face. Mine is a deluxe sample size but it contains just the right amount for a week-long trip. 

For added SPF and slight coverage, I'm all about the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (review). I have mine in shade 03 Buttercream, which is perfect for my yellow-toned light-medium skin tone during summer and fall. As I'm coming out of a dreary winter, my skin is slightly too pale for this shade. But, a light layer of this evens out my faded acne hyperpigmentation marks and skin tone while covering redness around my nose. I found it too hydrating in the summer but my skin has been going through a dry spell these past couple of weeks so all the extra moisture is welcome. 

If I'm self-conscious about any blemishes peeking through, I'll add another layer of this or go over it with my Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (buy). It's definitely full coverage but not drying. I'm surprised I haven't already written a review of this but I'll have to remedy that! This concealer is also great at covering dark circles and brightening the under eye area so it's a great multi-tasker for on-the-go.

Because my skin is looking a bit lackluster, I like to add a bit of bronzer and highlight to perk up my complexion. Instead of packing two separate products, using the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (buy). The darkest shade is just enough to provide warmth and a bit of color to my face without going overboard. The middle and lightest shade has the most shimmer but it doesn't make me look like Twilight vampire out in natural sunlight--unless I pack it on. The leftmost shade is a good match for my skin so if I want an all-subtle radiance, that's my go-to shade. The tones in here aren't universal, but if you're fair up to medium, this would be a great, do-it-all palette if you're in the market for a subtly glowing face.

But if my skin is doing okay that day or if it's a bit oily, I like to do the Wayne Goss method of foundation: moisturizer/primer, translucent powder, then base. So that's where the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Translucent Powder (buy) comes in. It does a great job of mattifying my face without looking flat and smoothing out my skin. Another use for it that I've discovered is dry shampoo. I prefer the aerosol kind because of the no-mess but once I ran out of dry shampoo and thought to put this in my hair. Pretty sure I'm not the first one to think of it but it did absorb the oil in my hair while giving my hair a bit of lift. There was no awkward white cast and it didn't fly everywhere. It's no Batiste Dry Shampoo but if you're in a pinch, try your translucent powder as dry shampoo.

EYES
I always prep my eyes with an eye primer; it's just one of the hazards of having both hooded and oily eyelids. Even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, it helps keep my mascara and concealer form melting. Currently, I'm using the Too Faced Shadow Insurance (buy). It's a much thinner consistency than I'm used to but I think I'm getting a feel for it now. Not sure if it beats out my HG UDPP just yet but TFSI is a much-loved product by many.

I can't live without mascara. It's just one of those products that opens up my eyes and makes me feel put together. No look is complete without mascara, if you ask me. So even though I have wimpy lashes, I beef them up with a waterproof and smudge proof formula, like the Avon Big & Daring Volumizing Mascara (unboxing). It's the first mascara I've encountered that doesn't come off easily with my trusty, HG Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover but it also holds a curl and doesn't smudge all over my lower lash line. Just like its name, B&D definitely delivers volume and length to my lashes (but then again, any mascara automatically gives me length, haha). 

Just like how I can't live without mascara, I refuse to go out without my brows filled in. Brows give my face quick definition without much work. Pencils are my preferred method but I hear some people can do their brows with powders or gels just as quickly. I'm loyal to my Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil and I see many other brands coming out with a similarly-shaped pencil tip (Tom Ford, Anastasia Beverly Hills, etc). I'd go with EH because it's $2 usd or something ridiculously affordable like that.

If I'm feeling a bit fancy, I'll add a bit of brown eyeliner to my top lash line. Since I usually forgo eyeshadow if I'm going for a natural look, a bit of eyeliner gives me definition and plumps up my lashes...or gives the illusion of it anyway. There are tons of brown eyeliner to choose from, but I'm loving the Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner (unboxing). It's the MEMEBOX in-brand line and it's affordable and does everything an eyeliner should do! There's a built-in smudger and sharpener so I don't need to carry any extra items. There's a hint of satin shine so it keeps things interesting without being overboard.

But let's say I do want to wear so shadow on my eyes. So what's a gal to do? Use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, of course! It has all three basic shades: inner corner, lid, and crease! It's great with fingers so no need for brushes. Toldja the theme was "multi-tasking"!

LIPS
As much as I love my mascara and brow pencil, I'm also a lips kind of gal. There's always at least 3 or 4 lip products in my purse so by the end of the week, I'll have a bunch at the bottom of my bag. I narrowed it down to three essentials: a lip balm, a soft lip option and a bold lip option. 

A lip balm is a no brainer. But a soft lip option that looks great with minimal makeup but also doubles as blush is a major plus. I chose a light pink that works well with my skin tone with a bit of creaminess to it. I'm actually wearing a lip balm in the photos above and I'm not even wearing it as a blush either...bad blogger. But I promise you, that this lipstick from Revlon pulls double duty flawlessly. 

I love a bold lip with simplistic makeup, especially for nighttime. This dark purple-y wine shade from Milani looks great full-on or lightly dabbed and mushed into the lips for a stained wine look. I have not tried this on my cheeks as I'm not a fan of dark colors on my cheeks. 

And those are the 12 products I'd recommend for any trip! That's still a large amount of items but it covers all the bases for me. The best part is that it fits into one medium-sized bag; I used to carry at least 3 quart-sized makeup bags so this is a large reduction for me.

I'd love to hear what are your must-have essentials! 
I'm always looking for multi-tasking products to whittle down my bag.

XOXO,
Cindy ♥








No comments