Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING | Pony MEMEBOX + Shine Easy Glam Palette

pony memebox review, perfect waterproof soft gel eyeliner 02 moonstone review, easy mix block galaxy pink review, lush tint lip balm in 01 true red review, I'm mascara 01 jet black review,pony shine easy glam palette, pony shine easy glam 2 palette
I'm not the biggest fan of subscription boxes but I've had good experiences with MEMEBOX. Pony is a famous ulzzang in South Korea and she's one of my favorite Youtubers so I decided to take the plunge. I also got the Pony Memebox Shine Easy Glam Palette so there will be swatches of that in here too! 

The Pony MEMEBOX contains the Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner in 02 Moonstone, Lush Tint Lip Balm in True Red, Alive Keep Volume Mascara in 01 Jet Black, Easy Mix Block in Galaxy Pink and Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette. Swatches and thoughts are below :D

THE BREAKDOWN

pony memebox review, perfect waterproof soft gel eyeliner 02 moonstone review, easy mix block galaxy pink review, lush tint lip balm in 01 true red review, I'm mascara 01 jet black review,pony shine easy glam palette, pony shine easy glam 2 palette
  •  Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner - Moonstone  -- $5usd; 5 shades available
    • Not your typical brown eyeliner, it's quite soft and doesn't tug on your lids. It's very pigmented and has subtle sparkle that doesn't overwhelm the eyes. At first, it's quite blendable but give it a few seconds, it will set and stay put throughout the day. I like smudging liner with my finger but there is an included smudger at the other end of the liner. It's retractable but the included sharpener is helpful for sharpening the tip on this soft pencil. Be steady when you sharpen the tip as it's very soft--I decapitated mine by accident when I sneezed >.<
  • Lush Tint Balm - True Red  -- $7usd; 2 shades available
    • This lip balm is very similar to the Benefit Benebalm, albeit the packaging and price are worlds apart. It doesn't take much layering to build up intensity but it feels very lightweight on my lips. It's been 2 hours but I still see and feel the shine and moisture on my lips. I'm not sure if it leaves a light stain but my lips look rosier than usual after wiping off the balm. Packaging is heavy, sleek and simple. The swivel is much smoother than Benebalm which is useful if you only have one free hand. Though Benebalm's polka dots are adorable, usability is better on True Red. Scent wise, it reminds me of a sweet scent like the ones from the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Glosses. 
  • Alive Keep Volume Mascara - #01 Jet Black -- $5.50usd for 6.5g/0.23 oz ($23.91usd per oz); 2 shades available
    • This mascara claims to be ultra volumizing while separating and holding the curl all day. While I don't see any volumizing, separation and length is great with this mascara, especially on my short and sparse lashes. There's no clumping which adds to the multiplying effect it gives. It does take some building up but I find it makes my lashes droop. It's easy to take off with my waterproof eye makeup remover. The wand is a good size for my eyes and the slight curve helps the application process. 
  • Easy Mix Block - Galaxy Pink -- $12usd for 3.5g/0.12oz ($100 usd per oz)
    • It's a 4 in 1 blush compact that claims to be good for highlighting, contouring, and defining the apples of your cheeks. In my opinion, the individual squares are too tiny to be picked up my a regular sized brush. The effect I get from swirling all the colors together is a pale baby pink that can read chalky on my light medium skin tone so I try to concentrate my brush towards the bottom two shades. 3 of the colors have a bit of shimmer that doesn't translate onto the cheeks but does help the blush blend smoothly over my skin. 
  • Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette -- $22usd for 9.8g/0.35oz ($62.86usd per oz)
    • This is the second iteration of the Pony Eyeshadow Palette and unlike its predecessor, it features only shimmery and glittery shadows. Important note: this palette is considerably smaller than the first one but that makes it easier to travel with. The shadows perform best under an eye primer and a denser brush. I find that this palette has less fallout and kick up that the original but the glitter shades are powdery. I used the included applicator and while the fluffy side is better blending the sponge side is good for packing on the glitter shades on the inner corners. There's fun pop of pinks and purples that are tempered down by every bronzes and beiges. The names of the shadows are quite accurate color descriptions (Shine Dew is a sheer ivory glitter). 
      • Shine Peach, Shine Dew and Glam Bronze are sheer and glittery, similar to an overspray but they can be built up slightly
      • Shine Rose, Shine Beige and Glam Violet are shimmery with gold sparkles
      • Glam Mocha and Glam Choco are the least shimmery with no visible glimmer particles
  • Shine Easy Glam Palette -- $22usd for 14.4g/0.51 oz ($43.14 usd per oz)
    • Designed by Pony, this palette features 4 matte and 4 shimmer eyeshadows "that add a hint of glamour to your eyes in the most natural and flattering way. Formulated with nourishing oils the shadows effortlessly adhere to skin without creasing or flaking." All of the shadows were pigmented and blended well even without a primer except for Shine Rosegold. I tried to build it up with my brush, fingers and the included applicator but I think it's just too light to show up on my skintone. Though they look cool and neutral in the palette, they look much warmer on my skin tone, a habit of my warm skin tone xD This is a great multi-tasking palette as Easy Shadow can be used as a contour shade while Easy Brown and Easy Charcoal can be used to fill in my eyebrows.  Without a primer, they creased in about 4 hours on my oily lids but with primer, they last all day for me! Packaging wise, Texture is very soft and silky on both the mattes and shimmers. I expected more for a $22usd palette; it's just a black plastic like the ones that Sleek and e.l.f. come in. Granted, the mirror is large and clear and the tiny applicators are useful in a pinch but I would've liked some decoration or something fancy.

      • Easy Base - matte ivory
      • Easy Shadow - matte  cool-toned taupe
      • Easy Charcoal - matte brown black
      • Easy Brown - matte cool-toned brown
      • Shine Rosegold - glittery rose gold
      • Shine Gold - shimmery orangey copper
      • Glam Espresso - shimmery purple-y brown
      • Glam Cocoa - shimmery dark brown

THE SWATCH

pony memebox Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner - Moonstone Lush Tint Balm - True Red review swatches
Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner - Moonstone
Lush Tint Balm - True Red
Benefit - Benebalm
pony memebox Alive Keep Volume Mascara - #01 Jet Black review
Alive Keep Volume Mascara - #01 Jet Black
pony memebox Easy Mix Block - Galaxy Pink swatches
Easy Mix Block - Galaxy Pink
pony memebox Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette swatches
Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette swatches
pony memebox Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette swatches
From left to right: Shine Peach, Glam Violet, Shine Rose, and Shine Beige
pony memebox Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette swatches
From left to right: Shine Dew, Glam Mocha, Glam Choco, and Glam Bronze
pony shine easy glam palette swatches
Pony Memebox Shine Ease Glam Palette
Pony Memebox Shine Easy Glam Palette swatches
Pony Memebox Shine Easy Glam Palette
pony shine easy glam palette swatches
From left to right: Easy Base. Easy Shadow, Easy Charcoal, Easy Brown, Shine Rosegold, Shine Gold, Glam Espresso, and Glam Cocoa

THE LOOK

pony memebox review, perfect waterproof soft gel eyeliner 02 moonstone review, easy mix block galaxy pink review, lush tint lip balm in 01 true red review, I'm mascara 01 jet black review,pony shine easy glam palette, pony shine easy glam 2 palette
FIRST LOOK (ignore--was actually part of another look >.<)

MIDDLE LOOK
LID // Shine Easy Glam Palette - Glam Espresso 
CREASE // Shine Easy Glam Palette - Easy Shadow
INNER CORNER // Shine Easy Glam Palette - Shine Rosegold

RIGHT LOOK
LID // Shine Easy Glam 2 Palette - Shine Rose
CREASE // Glam Violet
OUTER CORNER // Glam Choco
INNER CORNER //Shine Peach

BOTH LOOKS
LINER // Perfect Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner - 02 Moonstone
MASCARA // Alive Keep Volume Mascara - 01 Jet Black
CONCEALER // Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Sand + Medium
CHEEKS // Easy Mix Block - Galaxy Pink 
LIPS //  Lush Tint Lip Balm - 01 True Red

THE BOTTOM LINE

I like the simple packaging for the most part. The pricing is just right on most of the items. The lip balm and liner are my favorites from this kit and I would consider repurchasing them. The mascara is a tentative hit since I haven't worn it long enough to figure out if it is truly sweat and smudge proof. The smaller design makes it particularly great for travel. 

I think that the eyeshadow palettes are a little overpriced for what it is but the quality is great--especially the mattes. I'm not delusional enough to say that they're on par with my beloved LORAC Palettes but it is significantly more affordable. If you're a beginner, the Pony SEG Palettes are great if you're in the US as drugstore shadows have been disappointing for me. But if you're a hardcore collector like I am, you can safely pass on these. If I had to recommend one out of the two, I would pick the SEG Palette because shimmer shadows are easily made but a good matte (or 4) is hard to come by! 

Lastly, I would pass on the blush, especially if you're my skin tone or darker. It isn't dark enough to use as a blush, let alone a contour on my skin tone. Since it's satin at best, using it as a highlighter results in a chalky look on my skin, even if the blush itself isn't. The promo pics on Pony show it to be a brighter pink but she must be a lot fairer than I. For $12usd, I expected a lot more. 

WHERE TO BUY


Will you be giving any of these items a try? 
What celebrity-curated products have you tried lately?

XOXO,

MWAH ♥



3 comments

  1. Whoah, in the pan I was like, "This totally looks like Wet n Wild's Definer shade!" but when swatched, they're completely different! (Solstice is much much prettier, shhh) It looks amazing paired with the MUFE navy shade (reminds me of ~mermaids~) and I love the look you've created with it! Atomic Rose...../dang/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those products look great!!!!!!
    Happy Easter!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me for a follow? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my thoughts exactly! I was a little worried they would be similar (and therefore unjustifiable) but was pleasantly surprised to find that it's much sheerer and redder. Photos don't do this eyeshadow justice but it look metallic on MUFE, like a mermaid's scales! I went for a simple look but I'm definitely going to be playing around with it some more xD


    Atomic Rose is one of the few peaches I can wear without looking washed out :D

    ReplyDelete