With yet another heat wave hitting SoCal this week, a radiant glow seems fitting. For those of you just entering Spring, this'll be the perfect kit! The BECCA Radiant Glow Collection contains 4 items to help bring that glow to your face. The kit contains a mini Under Eye Brightening Corrector, a Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone, a Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, and a Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal. Let's get on with the review!
- About Me/Contact
- Hair & Body
Monday, October 12, 2015
Friday, October 9, 2015
I haven't reviewed a new base product on here in a hot minute. The hunt for a lightweight product led me to the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. While I love my full coverage foundations as much as the next person, I haven't the time to apply a full face of makeup like I used to. I wanted something lightweight with just enough coverage, contains adequate SPF while being moisturizing at the same time. I've heard such good things about the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Cream (what I'll be calling it from now on since the full name is such a mouthful) so I decided to give it a spin.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
1. GOT2B ROCKIN' IT DRY SHAMPOO -- Like Goldilocks and her porridge, I'm always on the search for my "just right" dry shampoo. I need it to soak up oil well without a heavy scent or a sticky build up. Added volume is nice but not necessary (more on that at the end of the month). This dry shampoo is just so-so on every aspect. It soaks up oil well initially but 2-3 hours later, I find myself needing another spritz. This is good for second day hair. I usually wash my hair at night but by midday the next day (not even a full 24 hours), I'll notice the oil seeping through again. By the night and the following morning, I'll have crazy oily hair that this doesn't do much to control. The scent reminds of me Nestle Lemon Iced Tea and while it isn't unpleasant, I prefer my products to be unscented. The positives are that the spray is even and I don't have a white residue in my dark hair. I also haven't had a problem with the nozzle getting blocked or falling off. But the most important aspects aren't fulfilled so I won't be purchasing this again. BUY
2. BAREMINERALS COMPLEXION RESCUE TINTED HYDRATING GEL CREAM (review) -- I've just posted a Fall Ulta Goodies (haul) where I mentioned this product. I don't want to jinx it but I think I've just found my HG every day face product! It contains SPF 30, has enough coverage for my tastes, and matches me perfectly! I'm dedicating a full review to this product so you'll be hearing and seeing tons more soon. BUY
3. INNISFREE AUTO PENCIL LINER JEJU COLOR PICKER (review) -- I've been using these pencils quite frequently and while the blues remind me of summer days at the beach, I'm still going to be incorporating them into my fall looks. I've been on a blue color kick lately, buying navy shadows, liners and the like. Out of the three, I really love #06, a satin teal color. It has the barest hint of a sheen to keep things interesting and stays put. It's the most pigmented and even of the three but they're all great colors if you love blue liner. It's hard to get ahold of in the States but I think the effort is worth it. BUY
4. TARTE LIPSURGENCE POWER PIGMENT IN EXPOSED -- I love Tarte products and this one is no exception. It's hard for me to find a nude color that works on my very yellow-skin. However, with the hot summer heat, the tip broke off as I tried to apply it. The pencil is on the slim side so I can see why that would happen but I'm still disappointed about that happening. Now that the weather is cooling down around here, I don't see that happening again but if you live in a 90 °F/32 °C + climate, you might want to put these in the fridge to harden before you apply. Here's a FOTD I've done wearing it. It's less pink depending on how pigmented my lips are that day. Sometimes it's a pale pink and other times, it's a bright pink like in the photo. That's why lip swatches are so difficult for me; depending on how hot or cold, tired or awake I am, the color of my lips change. Does that happen to anyone else? BUY
6. TOO FACED BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA -- Along with my hair, I'm always on the hunt for the best mascara for my lashes. All I want is lengthen, separation/definition, and longevity. I have quite watery eyes from allergies and yawning so most regular mascaras run on me. Even so-called waterproof mascaras smudge on me. I've heard such good things about this one so I decided to give it a go. The BTS Mascara claims to separate, volumize and curl your lashes, which are all nice. But the point that sold me was that it contains a film-forming polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear. Unfortunately, it still smudged on me when my eyes got watery. I usually wear eye primer and set any under eye concealer to prevent my oily lids from breaking down my mascara. It did make my lashes look long and luscious with just one coat so three would probably be amazing. I'm hoping that as it dries out, it'll be less smudgy but I'm not holding my breath. If you have any tips for making a non-WP mascara less smudgy, please let me know! BUY
So that's all the products I've been using this month!
What have you all been loving or loathing? Let me know down below :D
Monday, October 5, 2015
Friday, October 2, 2015
I'm starting a Fall Series: Jump Into Fall. I'll be posting about my favorite fall beauty bits. It's been a little over a week into autumn over here and it's starting to cool down. I thought it pertinent to post about my favorite shade of lipstick for fall: BERRY! I have tons of shades in this color but I decided to share seven of my favorites, three high-end and four drugstore options. Let's get onto it!