Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

REVIEW | BareMinerals Ready Gel Complexion Rescue Cream 03 buttercream review and swatches
I haven't reviewed a new base product on here in a hot minute. The hunt for a lightweight product led me to the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. While I love my full coverage foundations as much as the next person, I haven't the time to apply a full face of makeup like I used to. I wanted something lightweight with just enough coverage, contains adequate SPF while being moisturizing at the same time. I've heard such good things about the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Cream (what I'll be calling it from now on since the full name is such a mouthful) so I decided to give it a spin. 

{THE BREAKDOWN}

The squeeze tube packaging is my favorite kind. Most people think it's harder to control the amount dispensed but the independent girl in me likes the freedom a squeeze tube provides in contrast to a controlled pump. The hole isn't large so you don't get huge blobs of product coming out at once. The cap is weighty feeling, which is funny in comparison to the actual tube's lightness. Even after using it consistently for two weeks, I haven't had leakage problems. The chrome-finish plastic is easy to gripe and simple. 
REVIEW | BareMinerals Ready Gel Complexion Rescue Cream 03 buttercream review and swatches
The ingredients list is short and sweet. This water-based product contains coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, and glycerin for an intensely hydrating experience. When I use the CRC, I don't need a separate moisturizer beforehand. Despite these heavy-hitting hydrators, the formula sinks in quickly and leaves a dewy finish behind. With broad spectrum SPF 30, that's enough for everyday use. 6.2% titanium dioxide doesn't cause this product to ball up or leave a chalky white residue, thankfully. Physical sunscreens are better for sensitive skin. On days where I'll be spending a lot of time outdoors or near windows, I'll add a separate sunscreen underneath this product and then set everything with an SPF powder.
REVIEW | BareMinerals Ready Gel Complexion Rescue Cream 03 buttercream review and swatches
Some days, I'll add a bit of translucent powder to mattify my complexion and prolong the coverage. I don't really see the "gel" texture but it is lighter than what I associate with creams. Scent-wise, I don't detect anything out of the ordinary. Finger application is my go-to since I don't want brushes or sponges to soak up the product. Besides, I can't be bothered to find a clean brush most days as I'm rushing out the door. Pigmentation is phenomenal for a tinted moisturizer. With a pea-sized amount, I get an even skin tone and redness covered. I'll usually add a bit extra over my chin to cover up my post-acne hyperpigmentation marks and that's usually good for me, no need for concealer. I will add concealer on my under eyes because this product doesn't counteract the darkness as well as I'd like but for redness and marks, it's gold.

{THE SWATCH}

REVIEW | BareMinerals Ready Gel Complexion Rescue Cream 03 buttercream review and swatches comparison
I wear shade 03 Buttercream. Color match is perfect for my light-medium, yellow undertone skin. It looks quite similar to the Laura Mercier TM but that one is too peachy toned for my skin. The MUFE Full Cover Concealer and the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer are a bit too dark and orange for my current skin tone but they do work wonderfully under my eyes to counteract the darkness. Benefit Fake Up is a lighter orange shade that works to neutralize and brighten my under eyes. Hopefully these comparisons help y'all see the nuances of Buttercream. 

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Cream comes in 10 shades. They don't cater well to very fair skin but if you have light, medium, tan or deep skin tones, you're more likely than not to find your shade, which is welcome in a biased makeup industry. They cover a range of undertones as well: neutral, cool and golden. Since the coverage can be sheered down, if it doesn't look completely right, it won't be too noticeable. 

At $29usd for 35ml/1.18 fl oz ($24.58usd per oz), it's slightly more affordable than the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer--$44usd for 1.7oz ($25.88usd per oz). 

{THE LOOK}

REVIEW | BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream buttercream 03 swatches

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

I'd highly recommend it, especially to those with dry skin. Oily skin might not like the intense hydration but if you have combination or dehydrated skin like me, a touch of powder can remedy the oily areas. I try not to believe in the hype but with this one, I'm glad I gave in. There are hacks out there to make your own TM but some days, I prefer the convenience of a pre-mixed product that does it all--hydrate, protect, and cover. 

I still want to give the itCosmetics CC Cream a try since it has SPF 50 but so far, I'm content with the bareMinerals. If you have the itCosmetics CC Cream, tell me about it down below!

{WHERE TO BUY}

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Cream // bareminerals / nordstromsephora / ulta


XOXO,
MWAH ♥


No comments