Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Helpful Hufflepuff

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Helpful Hufflepuff FOTD
For the graphics in the header photo, I used Mikey Booch's Hufflepuff Banner Wallpaper and Emily Corene's HD Hufflepuff Traits Wallpaper
With 5 days left to Halloween, I decided to kick off this new series! Halloween usually calls for scary costumes and horror movies but that's never been my scene. As a Potterhead, I will rewatch the Harry Potter movies and hand out candy instead. If you're looking for a terrifying makeup tutorial, you've come to the wrong blog. However, if you were looking for an understated and simple Halloween look that you can wear to the office, you've come to the right spot! I'm starting with Hufflepuff because it's my favorite house, not that I'm biased or anything...

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Helpful Hufflepuff FOTD
 Step 0: Because Hufflepuffs are hard working, you'll need an eye primer to match. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion to keep my eye makeup in place.

Step 1: The element matched to Hufflepuff is earth so I decided on earthy tones for my makeup. I started with the crease. Using the Wet N Wild Eye Trio in Walking on Eggshells (haul), I applied the Crease color (warm brown) in my, you guessed it, crease with a fluffy brush.  

Step 2: Using the Browbone shade (shimmery ivory), I applied a wash of it across my lids. Don't worry about blending; we'll get to it in the next step.

Step 3: Since I overlapped my crease color a bit, I added a bit more of the crease color in, blending it softly into the lids. I often go back and forth adding more of this and that to my eyes before I get to the stage you see above. Once you're happy with how the eyeshadows look, we'll move onto the next step!

Step 4: Because my eyes are slightly downturned, I followed the shape of my eyes with a black liner. I used one from Make Up For Ever (review), As Hufflepuffs are known for their kindness and friendliness, I didn't want to wing my eyes out or make them look too fierce. If you're eyes are more upturned or sharp, drag the liner down at the corners to create a puppy-eyed effect.

Step 5: Since the black looked a little harsh, I softened the edges with my fingers. You can use a cotton bud or brush if you don't like getting your fingers dirty. I also added a nude liner from Rimmel to my waterline to widen and brighten my eyes to enhance that puppy-eyed effect. 

Step 6: To finish off the eyes and keep in theme, add a matte, sunny yellow eyeshadow to your inner corners. Since the rest of the shadows were shimmery, I went with a matte texture to keep things interesting. Finally, I added two coats of the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara for the ultimate long lashes. I skipped the falsies because I feel that Hufflepuffs would rather help others than spend a ton of time on their appearance. 
HALLOWEEN INSPO | Helpful Hufflepuff FOTD
 Step 7: For the face, I used the Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (review) because it's easy to apply and quick. I feel like Hufflepuffs would be low maintenance so it's the perfect base for a Hufflepuff with other things on their mind. I had to add a bit of undereye concealer. Staying up all night helping my fellow Hufflepuffs takes its toll, haha. For that, I used Benefit's Fake Up Concealer, my HG for brightening and coverage.

Step 8: To stay with the earthy tones, I used a warm, satin bronzer on the perimeters of my face. Bareminerals Ready Bronzer in Skinny Dip (unboxing) fit the bill. For the cheeks, I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed for a hint of color. 

Step 9: For the eyebrows, I went for a straighter look to give off a youthful, innocent look to the face. 

Step 10: On the lips, I used Maybelline The Buffs Lipstick in Sin-a-Mon, a brown-y pink color. I'm not usually a fan of brown lipsticks but to keep with the earthy tones, I put up with it. In the photo above, it doesn't look all that bad... 
HALLOWEEN INSPO | Helpful Hufflepuff FOTD
I didn't set my makeup (because I wasn't going anywhere after this, haha) but I would use a powder or a setting spray. As you run around helping others, you wouldn't want all the makeup to slide off now, would you? I like the luminous look because it adds to the angelic effect I feel that Hufflepuffs have. 

For the clothing, I would wear a simple pair of jeans and a black top. I put my hair into a Dutch braid because it looks nice but keeps the hair out of my face. I wanted to accessorize with a flower headband but I couldn't find it for the photos. And that would be my costume! Unless I could find a wand and a Hogwarts uniform...

Stay tuned for Ravenclaw next!

XOXO,MWAH ♥

No comments