Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FIRST IMPRESSIONS | BECCA Radiant Glow Collection

BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
With yet another heat wave hitting SoCal this week, a radiant glow seems fitting. For those of you just entering Spring, this'll be the perfect kit! The BECCA Radiant Glow Collection contains 4 items to help bring that glow to your face. The kit contains a mini Under Eye Brightening Corrector, a Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone, a Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, and a Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal. Let's get on with the review!

BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
After being a matte fan for so long, words like "radiant" and "glow" didn't appeal to me. It was until last year when my skin started balancing out, becoming drier than it used to be. Now, I'm all about the glow! BECCA's Skin Perfectors are the gold standard of highlight for a while so getting to try two of them in this kit is great. 
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches

{THE BREAKDOWN}

BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
 Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (value is $18.13usd) -- A radiant glow isn't just limited to the face! Bright under eyes is a nice complement to glowy skin. I wasn't sure that the cool, cotton candy pink hue would work for me but it does! I don't have the worst dark circles but with the lack of sleep recently, my usual Benefit Fake Up isn't enough. Adding a bit of this underneath before my concealer covers up any darkness and brightens my under eyes beautifully. The formula is very emollient so it has the tendency to settle into fine lines if I don't set it. There's a bit of glitter in here but it's unnoticeable after I add my concealer and powder over top. The full size costs $29usd for 0.16oz ($181.25usd per oz) BUY
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
 Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone (value is $11.54usd) -- I'm not big on highlighters but I've always wanted to give the SSPP a try. Moonstone is a popular color and I can see why. The pale gold is just right for my light-medium skintone. Pigmentation is off the charts so a little goes a long way. It's a bit too strong for my everyday tastes so I use it as eyeshadow rather than on my cheeks. However, I think it would look great when I wear fuller coverage makeup. 4 shades in this formula, the full size retails for $38usd for 0.28oz ($135.71usd per oz). BUY
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
 Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (value is $4.10 usd) -- I've had my eye on this particular product for a while so getting a sample is great! In contrast to the pressed version, the liquid is much more subtle. With no visible glitters, it adds a lovely sheen to the skin. The color is slightly more peach than Moonstone but still with that golden champagne hue. I've seen Shaaanxo use it in conjunction with the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops (review) for a dewy complexion. Since I have it in the small size, it's a bit difficult to get enough to cover my entire face but the doe foot applicator applies product precisely to the high points of my face. I would definitely consider purchasing the full size because it provides a believable glow without being flashy. Available in 5 shades, the full size will set you back $41usd for 1.7oz ($24.12usd per oz) BUY
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
 Becca Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Soufflé in Raspberry/Opal --This is the only full sized product in this set. I've been open to trying more lip glosses lately due to my dry and peeling lips. The viscosity is much thicker than I'm used to but it definitely sticks around for a long time, even after meals. Raspberry/Opal is becomes darker on my pigmented lips but it fits right in with the fall season. 

Mine doesn't have the cool swirl pattern but that's okay. Upon first use, I had to click so many times but product didn't come out. It wasn't until I tilted the tip downward and gravity took over. Sometimes the clicking mechanism gets a bit stuck but just pull it up and press down again; it should work. Click carefully because you can get more product than you want at a time.
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches
 At first, I wasn't a fan of this type of packaging. However, I quickly became a convert because the nub is a soft rubber instead of those spongy material that doesn't feel sanitary. The Lip Shimmer Souffle is available in 6 shades. At $24usd for 0.08oz ($300usd per oz), it's quite exorbitant so I don't think I would buy more. BUY 
BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches

{THE SWATCH}

BECCA Radiant Glow Collection, shimmering skin perfector pressed in moonstone, beach tint shimmer lip souffle in raspberry/opal, shimmering skin perfector in opal, under eye brightening corrector review and swatches

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

I'm not sure where they get the $70usd value from but $57.77usd isn't bad. I'm glad that I can get use out of every product in this kit. Radiant glowy skin isn't limited to just the summer months. Even if you don't follow makeup trends from the runway, a glowy complexion imparts a healthy look to the skin--and who doesn't want that? I was afraid the Lip Shimmer Souffle wouldn't have enough pigment but I was pleasantly surprised. The Moonstone SSPP would be lovely for a high impact radiance whereas the Opal SSP would be great for a natural luminescence. Finally, due to the particular tint of the Under Eye Brightening Corrector, it will not work on everybody's skin tone but one could always repurpose it by adding it to existing concealers or foundations for a bit of color correcting.

{WHERE TO BUY}

Radiant Glow Collection // buy

I'm sorry that this post is a little bit late but I've been suffering from an intense migraine since yesterday night. It carried on for another 18 hours before I felt like my head wasn't going to split in half. Nausea and sensitivity to light was intense--so thankful that my brother was around to make me feel as comfortable as I can. I've only ever had one other migraine experience so I'm not sure what my triggers are. Icing my head and water helped me feel comfortable enough to sneak in a few hours of sleep. Right now, I just finished dinner and another glass of water. I felt another wave coming and freaked out a bit but after a quick lie down, it went away so I could finish this post. I'm probably going to try to edge in a few more posts in case it comes back; I'm just so excited because I have a few fun posts coming--wish me luck!


XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments