Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw fotd, halloween makeup looks, simple makeup look using lorac pro palette 2
The graphics are from Emily Corene on deviantart and tashab07 from deviantart
 Welcome back to the second installment of my Halloween Inspo! Today, I'm creating a Ravenclaw-inspired look. Incorporating lots of blue and bronze, I was going for a sweet librarian look. The photos are all very confusing because I actually started doing this look and then had to run off to dinner with the family. I took it all off because I wasn't about to go to a casual dinner with like blue eyeshadow--too much to explain to my grandparents, haha. 

The next day, I tried my best to recreate the look but failed miserably and the overcast weather didn't help my chances. So I really liked the eyeshadow I did from the previous day so I just skipped several steps and showed you the final eye look. That's taking the easy way out but as Halloween is less than 3 days away--eep! I didn't have time to redo things AND still do Gryffindor and Slytherin (definitely don't want to leave them out!) so I hope you'll forgive me. 

Anyhoo, let's get on with the show!

HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw fotd, halloween makeup looks, simple makeup look using lorac pro palette 2
 Step 1: After using the UDPP, I applied a wash of a matte ivory shadow all over my lids for an even base. I used Buff from the Lorac Pro Palette 2 (review).

Step 2: Using a small pointed brush, I started applying a matte navy shadow in a V-shape on the outer corners, stopping at the outer thirds. Then, I used a blending brush to softly diffuse the color towards the middle of my eye. I repeated these two steps over and over until I got the intensity and diffusion I desired. From the same palette, I used the shade Navy.

Step 3: Onto the fun part! Even though bronze is the official house color, I went with a rose gold shade instead because it flatters my skin tone more and I didn't want to pull in another palette. You choose which color you want. I went with Rosé from the Lorac Pro Palette 2. I overlapped the navy in the center and it created this awesome golden color. You can sort of see it in the photo but it looks much more striking in person! Apply the same shadows to the lower lashline: Navy on the outer half and Rosé on the inner.

Step 4: I wanted some definition at my lash line so I went in with a dark matte navy blue liner to create a kitten flick. I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Liner in Ink. It sort of blended right in with the Navy shadow but I didn't have a small enough brush to apply the shadow. If you have an angled liner brush, mixing a bit of the Navy with the Black shadow can definitely replace the liner. To open my eyes, I lined my waterline with a nude pencil: Pixi Beauty Eye Bright Liner.

Step 5: The lower lash line looked a bit harsh so I used Lt. Brown to blend out the Navy shadow--big mistake. It created that muddy mess you see in the photo but from far away, like the photos down below, it doesn't look too bad. I would suggest you skip this step and use a clean brush or cotton bud instead to blend if needed. 

Step 6: For a bit of extra sparkle, I added a bit of a silvery lavender shadow to my inner corners. I used the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Liquid Diamond but you could use Silver or skip this step altogether. I wasn't too keen on it anyway.

Step 7: To finish the eyes, whack on several coats of your favorite lengthening and volumizing mascara. For me, it's currently the Too Faced BTS Mascara.
HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw fotd, halloween makeup looks, simple makeup look using lorac pro palette 2
 Step 8: For the foundation, I went with a dewy finish medium coverage foundation. I feel like Ravenclaws glow from the knowledge they're absorbing and look put together but not overdone, hence the medium coverage. I used Tarte Amazonian Colored Clay Liquid Foundation (review), my all-time favorite foundation! I skipped the powder because I was going to take it all off after this, haha, but if you're going to wear glasses like I did, I highly recommend powdering your nose bridge and cheeks, at least.

Step 9: For the cheeks, I went with a warm golden berry cream blush: the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal (haul). On the eyebrows, I chose to elongate my brows and slightly arch it for a more intelligent look. Did I achieve that, haha?

Step 10: And finally, we have the lips! I originally was going to go for a dark berry lip but it looked a bit goth with how heavy the eyes were so I switched to a creamy bubblegum pink for a softer look. This is the Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind (product smackdown). Looking back, I would've gone with a matte finish because Ravenclaws would be too busy reading and studying to touch up their lips. However, this color is hydrating and fades evenly into my natural lip color that we can overlook that...just pick a color similar to your natural lip!
HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw fotd, halloween makeup looks, simple makeup look using lorac pro palette 2
HALLOWEEN INSPO | Rational Ravenclaw fotd, halloween makeup looks, simple makeup look using lorac pro palette 2
From left to right: Bareminerals Speak Your Mind, Urban Decay Ink, Pixi Eye Bright Liner,
Lorac Buff, Lorac Navy, Lorac Rose, Lorac Lt, Brown, and L'Oreal Liquid Diamond
So that's it for this look! The sun was being so uncooperative, going in and out of the clouds so the later photos look better. Hopefully my crappy photos still helped y'all figure out what's going on. I'm equal parts excited and nervous for the remaining two houses since I'm planning to go all out and glam, lashes and all! I've only worn lashes maybe 3 times in my life and I had help applying them. Well, wish me luck!

Have y'all decided what y'all are going to be for Halloween?
 Do you celebrate Halloween where you live?

XOXO,
MWAH ♥


No comments