Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING ┊Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2014

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag

⇥ AT A GLANCE ⇤
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that contains 4-5 deluxe and full sized products for $10 USD each month. October's theme is Beauty Candy, which fits right in with Halloween right around the corner. Side note: what are you going to be for Halloween?? I'm not sure what I'm going to be but I'm looking for some easy DIYs :D This month's bag includes the Epice International Purifying Exfoliant, Fig & rouge Hand Cream, Cirque Colors Nail Lacquer, Noyah Lipstick, and Skone Cosmetics TATTOOED Waterproof Eyeliner.
 
⇥ THE BREAKDOWN ⇤

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag epice exfoliant
I'm quite happy with my current skincare routine but I love trying new products, especially if they claim to smooth my skin while cleaning it at the same time. I learned the hard way that achieving clear looking skin isn't about drying it out--it's about properly cleansing it without using harsh cleansers. The Epice International Purifying Exfoliant can be used on its own or with a cleanser. It can be used on the body and is best used once or twice a week. It comes out as a white cream but as I continued to rub it in, I could feel the small beads. The micro-fine polyspheres were gentle on my hand at least and did not feel abrasive like the ones in the St Ives Apricot Scrub--which I recommend avoiding like the flu! I can't offer a full review as of right now since I've only had this bag for 3 days but I will update when I've tested this out more sufficiently.The full size comes in a opaque pump packaging so major props for that. It also contains 3.3 fl oz for $32 USD ($9.70 USD for 1 oz). The deluxe size contains 1 oz/30 ml (value of $9.70 USD).

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag fig & rouge hand cream mango madarin ingredients
I wash my hands constantly, so my hands are quite dry. Recently, I injured my hand and couldn't use any oil-based moisturizer on my hands. Since I'm a bit of a worrywart, I didn't want to use any moisturizer at all. That left my hands peeling and dry. This came at the right time. The Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin came at the right time to salvage the situation. Since it is water-based, I don't find it heavy or sticky feeling. The scent is quite citrus-y but I don't mind. I got a hand cream last month too and the smell on that one was awful! This is one of the full sized products. At $6.56USD for 20ml/0.67oz, it is a bit expensive ($9.79 USD per oz). The small hand cream (20ml) is offered in 3 scents while the bigger version (80ml) is offered in 7 scents ranging from French Vanilla to Coco Rose

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag cirque colors nail lacquer glitter nail polish XX
I can never get enough nail polish so the Cirque Colors Nail Lacquer in shade XX is a welcome addition to my glitter polishes. I love glitter polishes but I have problems with how opaque I can get them to layer. As you can see from the picture, the glitters are all different sizes--20 different holographic designs to be exact. The swatch is done with one application with some strategic maneuvering to get the glitters to be more spaced out. I love how it looks and it dried very quickly. The website features it over a black nail polish base so I'm definitely going to be giving the a try this weekend! This bottle contains 0.2 fl oz/6ml. The full size retails for $13 USD. I'm not sure if this bottle is full sized or not.
halloween nails, cirque colors in XX, nail polish
A Halloween Nail Art
elf Python Collection Nail Polish (a black base with green glitter)
Cirque Colors in XX (various glitters)
essie The More the Merrier (lime green cream finish)

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag cirque colors nail lacquer glitter nail polish XX ingredients

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag, noyah lipstick deeply in mauve, fall lip color, cruelty free makeup
Lipsticks are my weakness and this Noyah Lipstick in Deeply in Mauve is a color I don't already have in my collection. This is quite a brown-y shade of mauve and darker than I'm used to wearing but it fits right in with the fall weather we're experiencing lately. Pigmentation is phenomenal--one swipe was all I need for full opacity. It's super creamy and didn't skip across my lips at all. The texture is very creamy and felt moisturizing on my lips. Offered in 5 shades, these all-natural, sythnetics-free, and never-tested-on-animals lipstick embodies beauty with a conscious. The deluxe size contains 1.5 g of product (0.05oz; value of $5.63USD). A full sized lipstick retails at $18 USD for 0.16oz/4.5g ($112.50 USD per oz).
IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag, noyah lipstick deeply in mauve, fall lip color, cruelty free makeup

IPSY October 2014 Glam Bag, noyah lipstick deeply in mauve, fall lip color, cruelty free makeup ingredients

I forgot to take pictures of the Skone Cosmetics Tattoo Waterproof Eyeliner. I didn't open it because I know I won't get much use from liquid liners, so there's not going to be any swatches of it. I liked that it was plastic wrapped because that means it hasn't been tampered with. Products that don't come in a seal annoythe crap out of me--especially if they're things like liquid liners, lip gloss, or lipsticks that are harder to sanitize. According to some reviews on Ipsy, the application process seems easy enough but others had trouble with it drying out. eleventhgorgeous also had a similar problem when they initially swatched it. If you've tried it, please let me know how it went! This full sized item retails for $15 USD 

⇥ BOTTOM LINE ⇤

I'm satisfied with my bag. 4 out of the 5 items will be getting a lot of use from me. The lipstick is a little bit out of my comfort zone but I'm willing to make things work. As autumn is in full swing, hand cream and exfoliators are necessities. Out of all the items I got, I'm most excited about the nail polish--glittery things always makes me happier. I'm in need of a manicure pretty soon so it came at a very opportune time. Even the bag is useable! I love packaging that can be reused and this bag seems very durable and easy to clean compared to last month's bag. I like to organize and compartmentalize my makeup so these little bags are handy for storing my things. The bright blue doesn't remind me of candy but it does remind me of my keyboard cover O_O 

The value of my bag is $49.89 USD, which isn't bad considering I only paid $10USD for the bag. If you wanted to subscribe to Ipsy to receive next month's bag, you can use my referral link here. :D

⇥ WHERE TO BUY ⇤

Epice International Purifying Exfoliant | BUY

Figs & Rouge Hand Cream | BUY

Cirque Colors Nail Lacquer in XX | BUY

Noyah Lipstick in Deeply in Mauve | BUY

Skone Cosmetics Tattoo Waterproof Eyeliner | BUY

So that concludes this month's Ipsy Glam Bag! I really like this subscription service and would definitely continue with this. Can't wait to see what's in November's bag as that's also my birthday month :D

XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments