Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 3: Pet Peeves

March Blogging Boot Camp Day 3: Peet Peeves, makeupwithaheart
Happy Friday everyone! This was supposed to be Thursday's post but that's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Today has been a very busy day with work-related things and I have piles of laundry to contend with but let's just put that on hold for now and focus on the important things in life: pet peeves. I know pet peeves are sort of irrational but I'd like to see how many of y'all also share them with me. ;) 


Now, I'm generally a pleasant person to be around. Not much fazes me or annoys me. However, the following three traits and habits rile me up like a rabid squirrel searching for her missing acorns. From doesn't-bother-me-too-much-on-a-good-day to if-this-happens-one-more-time-I-might-instantaneously-combust-from-sheer-frustration:

3. When Guests Wear Their Shoes Into My House
Now, this might be specific to Asian households but I can't stand it when people wear their shoes into my house, especially when they wear their shoes into my bathroom or bedroom - can't stand it. Even worse is when they track in mud or debris onto my freshly mopped floor. Luckily, my new house is all marble, tile and wood so it's not a hassle to clean but I have a little shoe rack near the entrance so everyone can pile their shoes there and use indoor slippers if their feet get cold. MAybe I should just post a sign instead of silently seething...

Not so bad but,

2. When Someone Eats the Last Bit of Ice Cream/Cake/Brownie/Etc 
This one requires a bit of explaining. It's not the eating part that bothers me but when they leave the tiniest bit behind. They either leave too little to satisfy my craving/justify scooping into another bowl OR too much to just toss. My youngest brother is notorious for doing this and it annoys pretty much everyone in my family. There'll be a tiny corner of a brownie left but instead of just finishing it off or moving it to a smaller plate, he'll leave it in the large baking pan, taking up valuable fridge real estate. 

And finally,

1, When People Don't Wait Their Turn/ Cut in Line
Oh, how this rankles my ankles! I'm not the most patient person in the world and I understand that people lead busy, busy lives. But that does not excuse childish behavior. While I am known to be quite sassy by my close friends and family, I project a much more serene exterior when I'm public that usually gets construed as being a pushover. That, my friends, is not the case. Nothing irks me more than when people aren't being fair to others and I'll let them have a piece, or two, of my mind. 

One of my more infamous incidents was during a particularly hectic lunch time at the dining commons of my university. I was late so everywhere was packed. I dragged myself in resignation to the shortest-ish line and silently curse my professor for her long-winded rambles. The line is moving curiously slow for some reason (I know, I know, busy lunch hour but still, we weren't going anywhere and it had been at least 5 minutes in line). I see one person jump the line and since they were too far ahead, I let it go. Seeing as no one objected to that, several other people start jumping the line too. They started calling their friends and cut right in front of me! That's when I had enough and told them in no uncertain terms that the line started all the way back there. These were international students so maybe I shouldn't have expected them to understand English. They were talking to each other in their native language but I mean, they were studying in the States at a prestigious university; I'd expect them to at least understand hand signals! My friends calm me down and I let the incident go. But what really took the cake was when we were all leaving and I hear them conversing in English! I didn't want to start a scene but to be honest, they are all adults and should've been acting like them. I'm not sure how strict line-up etiquette is in other countries but common courtesy should apply everywhere. 

And with that long rant over, I feel much better, haha. Reading some of these habits back, I feel funny and childish for complaining about them. But we need to call out mischievous behavior when we see it to nip it in the bud. Like seriously, I could go on about some other things that really tickles my pickle (and not in a good way) but then I risk sounding like a strict school mistress and I wouldn't want that. ;)

What are some of your pet peeves? Do any of the above habits bother you too?

XOXO,

Cindy ♥

No comments