Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 10: 10 Little Known Facts About Me

day 10 of march blogger boot camp, 10 things not many people know about me, makeupwithaheart
Now the internet is known for oversharing but indulge me for a second...or ten. Here are 10 Things not many people know about me, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell my mother, please and thank you.


1. I do not like tomatoes. There's just something about the taste and texture that I can't get behind. That doesn't stop my mom from finding ways to incorporate it into my meals. However, tomatoes can't stop my love for pizza. Nothing can stand in the way of Cindy and her pizza. Not even weather, temperature and incompetent delivery people. Nope.

2. I have a stuffed shark toy that's older than me. It's one of my most treasured possessions because my dad won it for my mom when they were first dating.

3. Which is why Redondo Beach in SoCal will forever be my favorite beach. It's not the cleanest and it's always packed but I was practically conceived there (not literally but because that's where my parents had their first date).

4. I still sleep with a stuffed bunny. My friend gave it to me before I went to college (and another friend gave me a tiny blanket) so the first night I slept in my dorm, I hugged it to calm me. That eventually became a habit five years later. The fur is all matted from an unfortunate drying machine incident (that I have only sort of forgiven my roommate for) but I can't get rid of it. 

5. My favoritest tv show is Once Upon a Time. I love reading fairy tales and modern retellings of them so watching them come to life on the screen every week is the natural progression. Seriously, if you even like fairy tales just a little, watch the first couple of episodes. The producers of the show are great storytellers and the way each character connects to another is genius!

6. Sticking with the whole fairy tale thing, my favorite Disney princess is Ariel. Her songs were catchy and had just enough suspense and darkness for a little kid. I totally get her rebelling against her father and wanting more for herself but I'm glad they reconcile in the end. Reading the actual story from Hans Christian Andersen put a damper in my fantasy but at least the story had a mildly happy ending in comparison to contemporary fairy tales?

7. Unlike my favorite Disney heroine, I cannot swim competently. I've had a fear of deep water since forever which makes it hard for me to completely submerge myself underwater. Until summer camp one year when my RA decided to teach a couple of us how to swim, that is. Once I got over that fear, I was able to float and even swim for a few feet. I never mastered my breathing technique so I could only swim for as long as I could hold my breath. But still, if I were in danger of drowning, I can at least float until someone rescues me, eh?

8. I am a difficult sleeper. That's different from being a light sleeper in that I have to have things in a certain way for me to fall asleep. I can stay awake an entire night if something isn't right, even if I am yawning and physically tired. I've done that so many times as a kid that a lot of my pictures show dark circles underneath my eyes. But this Sunday's post, I'll share some tips that have helped cure my insomnia!

9. My favorite color is mint. Any variation that leans slightly blue is what I like but greenish tints are cool too. But y'all might have guessed that already due to the accent color of my blog...


10. Washing the dishes and doing laundry are my favorite chores. I like seeing clean dishes and smelling clean clothes, so much so that I buy clean linen-scented candles and air fresheners for a quick pick me up. 

And that concludes ten facts about me. We're any of them surprising? I've thought of so many more I'd like to share but I don't want this post to get too long. I'd like to hear some of your facts if you don't mind sharing!

XOXO,
Cindy ♥


No comments