Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 9: Workout Songs

day 9 of march blogger boot camp, workout wednesday 9 songs to get you pumping, makeupwithaheart
Using your imagination, let's pretend I posted this on Wednesday. I could've changed it to Fitness Friday but I'm hoping to stick to my posting schedule after this hectic week. If you've been following this series, I mentioned in this post that one of my goals for March was to get into a workout routine. While I don't enjoy working out, music makes it more bearable. When I'm running or lifting, these nine songs make me feel like I can keep going, haha. While they may not be to everyone's taste, just give them a quick listen. #DontKnockItTilYouveTriedIt 

My workouts usually last 30 minutes so 9 songs is my magic number. I try not to look at the clock often so marking time through song helps me stay sane. Does anyone else do that? 


Much like my nonexistent workout routine, I like to ask it, "Where Have You Been". It starts out slow but picks up its pace, great for a warm up or stretching session. 

After I finish stretching, I like to remind myself to get up and "Salute" the sun! Or not...This song does make me feel like I can do anything!

As much as I try to convince myself that working out is in my "DNA", it isn't. But listening to this song is sure to fire me up.

Towards the middle of my workout, I feel like my "red faced, hair falling out of its pony" self is unsightly, so I remind myself that I'm "Brave, Honest, and Beautiful" and I can totally get through this. If I ever start to doubt this, this song reminds me I'm "Beautiful Now".

I tend to slow down midway through the workout so this song  reminds me to "Move"!

As much as I want to give up by this point, there's a little voice "In My Head" that'll tell me that I can get through this. I am "Confident"!

And if I do stop midway, I just remind myself: "The Night is Still Young". While it's great to challenge yourself, know your limits. Wouldn't want anyone passing out or spraining a muscle. So take a break and continue another day.

Here's a convenient playlist that I put together on Spotify! You'll have to sign up for an account but you could also find links on iTunes or Youtube. Let me know how these songs work for you!


XOXO,

Cindy ♥

P.S. I hope you enjoyed this post. I tried to be clever by working the name of the song into the post. How many artists' were you able to guess? There are seven!

No comments