Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 5: Bit by the Travel Bug

BLOGGER BOOT CAMP | Day 5 : 5 places I want to visit
Ah this was supposed to go up yesterday but I forgot to schedule it! I was at my sister's house all day yesterday helping her cook for a small gathering to celebrate her passing her tests. So so busy. But I promise to be more mindful from now on. :)

I'm very much a homebody. Not much motivates me to leave the comfort of my home. But, these five places hold a special meaning for me, so I can forgo my soft mattress and reading nook for a while. What places are on your travel bucket list? 
1.  Greece

Growing up, I loved reading about Greek mythology. The mythical heroes were inspiring yet funny. I loved how the Greeks weren't afraid of making their gods fickle and silly, just like regular humans. They weren't perfect but they were quite powerful. I even took a course about it in university...or so I thought. Unfortunately for me, I got the course number confused with the Greek history class. I ended up reading a lot of Greek literary works from ancient Greek historians like Herodotus, as well as ancient Greek tragedies. While Greek food isn't my favorite, the architecture is amazing. Places I'd like to see in Greece: the Colosseum, the Parthenon, and the many temples!

2. France
I'm sure it pops up on many people's travel bucket list--and for good reason! There's so many things to do in France. The museums are gorgeous and so are the sights. I like looking at old buildings and there's plenty of those here. Dubbed the fashion capital of the world, shopping along the Seine would be a dream come true! And of course, this is where the first ever Sephora was opened so it's a must-visit for a makeup lover like me. ;) Little known fact about me: I tried to learn French as a kid because I had a French neighbor and I liked his dog. I read a historical fiction about Marie Antoinette as a kid and then became obsessed with France. While I'm not Francophile, I do like macarons and want to try an authentic one! 

3. Vietnam
My parents were born here so I'd definitely like to visit their home country. I hear the heat and humidity are no joke so I'm a little hesitant (but don't tell my mom!). My aunt still lives here so she could show me around (she used to be a tour guide!). I've heard many stories growing up from my family and can't wait to see it in person!

4. Japan
Anime was one of my favorite genres as a kid. I found American tv shows geared for girls boring and loved the action in most shonen anime. An except to that rule was Sailor Moon. I collected the English dubs of her movies and forced my brothers to watch and re-watch them with me, haha. One of my favorite books ever is Memoirs of a Geisha. I know it's a controversial book for its breach of confidentiality and inaccuracies but when I'm in the mood for a tragedy, it's a good revisit. The movie didn't fare any better as they casted a Chinese actress to play the main role. Back to the topic of this blog post, however, I'm fascinated by the history and lifestyle of Japan and would love to see it in person. As if I needed another reason to visit, Japanese food is my favorite type of food, aside from my mom's home cooking, of course. If I never got high cholesterol or high sodium, I'd eat ramen and sushi all day, every day!

5. England
Being the home of several of my all-time favorite authors, England is enticing because I've read so much about it. English royalty has enthralled me as a child. I loved reading about historical events, like the War of the Roses and the Tudors. My friend recently went there for study abroad and loved it. The pictures she sent back just made me want to go even more! Big Ben, the London Eye and the British Parliament are a snippet of the places I want to see. Of course, being a huge Potterhead, I want to see Leavesden Studios where most of the Harry Potter films took place. It's often rainy there and I love rain! Am I in the minority? I don't mind being wet or cold and the sound of falling rain is so calming. 

Have you visited any of the places on my list? What tips would you give for world travellers?


XOXO,

Cindy ♥

No comments