Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 6: Favorite Long Lasting Lips for the Holidays

kat von d everlasting liquid lipstick in bachelor, la girl cosmetics semi permanent lip liner in dark plum, too faced melted matte liquid lipstick in lady balls, rimmel london provocalips in i'll call you review and swatches, bold and matte holiday lips, long-lasting

As I'm writing this, it's Christmas Eve! I don't know if my level of excitement is noticeable but I cannot wait to see my family and chow down. So, I've prepared a few options that are guaranteed to last through the night. Whether you like a bold and matte lip or a glossy or sheer lip, all options will stay through the festivities! So let's get into the details.


BOLD & MATTE

kat von d everlasting liquid lipstick in bachelor, la girl cosmetics semi permanent lip liner in dark plum, too faced melted matte liquid lipstick in lady balls, rimmel london provocalips in i'll call you review and swatches

For my bold lip lovers, I have four options. Make sure to prep your lips by exfoliating and moisturizing with some balm before you give any of these a go. Though my swatches make them look glossy, rest assured that they dry down completely matte!
  • Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks (CF) are super pigmented with just one swipe. They come in various colors but my favorite is still Bachelor, a vibrant warm pink. The moussey formula glides on but dries to a completely matte look. If you want to find a drugstore option, please check out my Liquid Lipstick Product Smackdown.
  • For an affordable red lip option, I like the LA Girls Semi Permanent Lip Liners (CF). I first heard of them from KathleenLights and picked up a couple. The ones I got pretty much all look alike so I picked the one in Dark Plum to show you. Doesn't look plummy to me but if you're looking for a matte lip that will last through all the drinks and food, this is the one. 
  • If you read my ULTA Birthday Haul from yesterday, you'll have already seen this. The Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick (CF) in Lady Balls is your typical cherry red lipstick that dries completely matte. It is more comfortable to wear than the KVD but prep is still needed. Definitely reminds me of Stila's Beso but I remember that one being even more comfortable on my lips.
  • The first time I wore the Rimmel Provocalips in I'll Call You, my brothers and I went out to eat fried chicken. Oily foods are the bane of liquid lipsticks so imagine my surprise when I did a check up afterwards that my lips still looked perfect! They are definitely on the drying side so the balm on the other side does come in handy. I can maybe last 15 minutes without it but my lips are on the drier side naturally. Adding the balm over top does make it look like a cream but it's much more comfortable that way.

kat von d everlasting liquid lipstick in bachelor, la girl cosmetics semi permanent lip liner in dark plum, too faced melted matte liquid lipstick in lady balls, rimmel london provocalips in i'll call you review and swatches

GLOSSY YET LONG LASTING

dior addict fluid stick in vertigo 689, etude house kissful choux tint in 02 pink choux, lancome lip lover in 355 framboise etoile review and swatches

Now, I didn't forget about my glossy lip fans! I personally don't like wearing glossy lips if I need it to last all day, but these three totally changed my mind. They all go on glossy but as they wear away, they leave behind a beautiful stain and moisturized lips -- a must for dry winter!
  • The Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 689 Vertigo was my first ever luxury purchase, so it holds a special place in my heart. This one totally changed my mind about glossy lips. The strawberry pink is flattering on my yellow-toned light-medium skin tone. It looks equally great on a full face of makeup as it does on a bare face, which I cannot say for many lipsticks. Really great and highly recommended!
  • Etude House always has the cutest packaging and the Kissing Choux Tint in 02 Pink Choux is no exception. I have reviewed the Kissing Choux Tint in 01 Red Choux on the blog before and my opinions remain the same. Colors are pretty much identical so I'm mentally kicking myself. This one is an affordable choice to the Dior and Lancome but does not come in the wide variety of shades as the other two.
  • The Lancome Lip Lover in 355 Framboise Etoile is a solid favorite. This one is cooler in tone than the Dior but gives off a similar vibe. It seems to be discontinued but that's alright since Lancome isn't cruelty-free. 

dior addict fluid stick in vertigo 689, etude house kissful choux tint in 02 pink choux, lancome lip lover in 355 framboise etoile review and swatches

HINT OF COLOR

benefit cha chat tint, lollitint review and swatches

And for those who aren't a fan of bold color but still want something that will keep rocking on throughout the night, these Benefit tints are the way to go.

  • Cha Cha Tint is a vibrant mandarin orange. These newer tints are moussey in texture and are more pigmented than the original Benetint. They're also less drying but I still find myself need a lip balm after a few hours.
  • Lolli Tint came in a Benefit holiday set called the Sweet Tintations. It's the newest addition to the family. I shy away from unusual colors so this has just enough pink to make purple wearable. I avoid purple because it tends to make my skin look sallow and nobody wants to look like that at a party -- unless they're a zombie.

benefit cha chat tint, lollitint review and swatches

I think I've covered all my bases when it comes to lip options! Red seems too typical for the holidays and I'm much more a pink lip girl. Let me know down below what you'll be rocking this holiday season! 

XOXO,

Cindy ♥



No comments