Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 7: Candy Cane-Inspired Christmas Makeup

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

Christmas is less than seven hours away as I'm writing this post! I've been super behind on #Blogmas due to family commitments but I'll continue to post what I have planned because I think they still fit it with the winter season. This look was inspired by a candy cane, though it's a shame I don't have one to eat right now. I'm also documenting the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette for y'all so I'm doubly excited! So let's head into the tutorial!

FACE 


candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

Because the holiday season brings out my inner glitter fairy, I wanted to have a glowy complexion to go with the shimmery eyes. After skincare, I primed my face with the Benefit POREfessional. My skin hasn't been doing too well lately so I went for the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation. Since it's has great coverage, it covers mostly everything. I did mix in an equal amount of the Holika Holika Aqua Petite Jelly Starter for a glowy base. While the foundation did a good job of covering most of my blemishes, some of the fresher acne hyperpigmentation still showed through so I added a bit of MUFE Full Cover Concealer on top for a flawless base.

Because I wanted a more chiseled effect, I went in with the NYX HD Blush in Taupe (CF). This was way too grey looking on me but after some serious blending, it doesn't look half bad. I still prefer my bronzer-as-contour method but this was a nice experiment. Look at that jaw, works perfectly there. Since I wanted a rosy glow, I applied the Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush (CF) with my fingers as to not disturb my foundation. As for the finishing touch, I added a golden glow in the form of Benefit's Watt's Up! It's never too much and pairs perfectly with my eye makeup.

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

 EYE

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette
 I think my favorite part of this look is the eyes. While I wanted to start with a red and white color scheme, it looked too stark. Instead, I substituted the white with a pale gold, adding a silver inner corner to sort of go with the red and white candy cane.

Eye primer is a must for me. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (CF) is my current favorite. It's a bit sticky so I like to add a skin color shadow over top. From the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette (CF), I used Tempera. For my transition shade, I used Buon Fresco, a matte purple-y mauve. Working on the outer corner, I applied Venetian Red, slowly building it up as it's a hard to blend color if you apply too much. I also pulled it into the crease lightly for some definition. Once I get my desired intensity, I went with Primavera on the inner two-thirds of my lid. I felt like the red on the outer corner was a bit too bright, so I toned it down with Antique Bronze. For the pièce de résistance, I lightly applied a silver shadow in the inner corner. 

To complete the eyes, I went for a black winged liner using Tarte. On my lashes, I used Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara (CF) after giving my lashes a good curl. To clean up under the eyes, I used Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and set it with the L'Oreal powder. I wanted a glossy pink lip so Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Vertigo fit the bill perfectly.

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette
from L to R: Tempera, Buon Fresco, Venetian Red, Primavera, Antique Bronzer and Silver (Lorac Pro 2 Palette)

FINISHED LOOK

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette
And here's the final look! I'm super proud of this look, if you couldn't tell. This has to be one of the best looks I've come up with and I'll be rocking a similar look tomorrow, probably skip the wing, hehe. Don't want to scare the little ones.

candy cane inspired christmas makeup using anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette

Less than six hours to Christmas! I'll be spending Christmas eve having dinner at my aunt's house so I have to hop off and get ready for that. I hope you are happy and healthy wherever you are and I look forward to tomorrow's posts! 

XOXO,

Cindy ♥


2 comments

  1. I'm also not as blown away by Becca. I'm new to exploring blushes. I wish I just bought Flowerchild. But palettes were alluring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I liked the ones from the Jaclyn Palette but this trio disappointed. I'll probably try one of their singles to see if their permanent line is good. Flowerchild is super popular and looks so pretty on a variety of skin tones.

    ReplyDelete