Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 9: Sparkly Purple Smokey Eye for New Year's Eve

sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid liipstick

Only a few days to the New Year! I don't know about you, but I'm kinda sad that 2016 is almost over. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of things to be sad about but I've always prided myself on being a "glass half full" kind of person. So, in preparation, I've created a simple smokey eye that takes minutes to throw on to chime in the new year! So, let's get started.
sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid lipstick
A quick overview of the items I'm using! All eyeshadows will be from the Ciate London x Chloe Morello Beauty Haul kit. All you need are a skin toned eyeshadow to set your base, a dark shimmery shadow for the lid and a few colors to build intensity in the crease. I usually use just one but since I was trying to fix my mess, I ended up using the four in the topmost row, hehe. 

sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid liipstick
For the face, I wanted high coverage and a long-lasting yet luminous finish. To achieve that, I went in with my trusty Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation and a dollop of a pink pearly luminizer. For more details, please check out my Candy Cane-Inspired Christmas Makeup. I wanted a bit of a rosier cheek and bronzed skin, so I applied a pink Stila blush (discontinued) on the apples of the cheek and Benefit's Hoola Bronzer on the perimeter of my face. 
sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid liipstick
1. PREP : Using my trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion, I laid down a thin coat all over the eye. Over top, I set the primer with My Tribe, a matte cream color. 

2. CREASE : For the transition color, I applied Unconditional, a light terracotta matte, in a windshield wiper motion in my eye socket.

3. LID : For the lid, I went in with Own It, a greyish purple shimmer. This was the shadow that inspired the whole look. Unfortunately, it's very patchy. After several layers, I got frustrated and ended up using my finger. That evened things out but next time, I will definitely make sure to use a black base to grip the shadow. 

4. INNER CORNER + CREASE : For a pop of color, I applied a shimmery silver color right in the inner corner. To deepen the crease, I applied  On Fire, a burnt brown matte. It looked too harsh so I feathered the edges with Skinny Dip, a light brown matte.

5. LOWER LASH + THE REST : For the lower lash line, I lined the inner half with the same silver to brighten my eyes. For the outer half, I lightly applied the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Blacquer, smudging it with my fingers. I also applied it to my upper tightline to intensify the smokiness without consuming limited lid space.  

sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid liipstick

FINISHED LOOK # 1 : DARK LIPS

sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches, pin up liquid liipstick
Here's the finished look using the Ciate Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up, a soft nude pink. I always thought "nude" was lighter but as you can see, this showed up much darker on my lips. I do have quite pigmented lips so that probably affected the final look. I would classify this as a rosewood color. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful color with full-on smokey makeup like this or with a bare face. 

FINISHED LOOK # 2: NUDE LIPS

sparkly purple smokey eye, ciate london & chloe morello beauty haul kit review and swatches
If dark lips aren't your thing, I do have a nude lip option. This one is Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lipstick in Naked Dolly. It mutes my natural color down enough for that almost concealer-looking lips. 

I've been playing around with the lovely Ciate London x Chloe Morello Beauty Haul kit for the past few days. It's a nice palette with buildable pigmentation. So far, I've used seven out of the fifteen shades and have only encountered one dud. I'll definitely be getting more use out of this palette even once the holidays are over. It's a nice way to try some Ciate makeup and I am curious about their polishes. 

As for the liquid lipstick, it's great! I have super dry lips and this doesn't have that shrivelling effect on my poor lips. It did transfer onto my chin after eating a sandwich but I'm glad to report that the color still stayed on without any patches. It continued to wear well into the night with no touch ups needed. One layer was enough to cover my lips and the applicator makes it so easy for a precise application. Will definitely be looking into buying more of these. 

I'm really happy with the Marc Jacobs liner. I have watery eyes and this liner didn't budge all night, even in the upper tightline! Unfortunately, Marc Jacobs Beauty isn't cruelty-free (check out Vicky's article on ethical elephant for details). So, I'm back to looking for a cruelty-free liner that stays in my tight line. 

Let me know what y'all are doing this New Years! 
My family is planning a snow trip but with all the rain, 
I don't know how much actual snow will there be...

XOXO,
Cindy ♥


No comments