Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 5: ULTA Birthday Haul + First Impressions

becca cosmetics blushed with light palette review and swatches, too faced merry kissmas set review and swatches ulta birthday haul

I've gotta say, hauls are one of my favorite posts to do because I love sharing all the cool loot I got. But then I feel massively guilty afterwards when I tally up how much I spent. They're a good way of reminding me what I've got so they're not all bad? As I'm writing this post, all of the items I am talking about are still in stock, so fingers crossed that if what I'm showing y'all today interests you, y'all can still get it!


I was able to try a Too Faced Melted Liquid Long Wear Lipstick ($21 usd for 0.4 oz) a while back, before the liquid lipstick craze. The color wasn't right for me and so I ended up passing on it. Fast forward to now and when I saw the Too Faced Merry Kissmas Set ($25usd), I immediately put it in my cart. The colors included are Fig and Chihuahua in the original formulation, Chocolate Honey in the Melted Chocolate line, and Lady Balls in the all-new Melted Matte line. Fig is much less blue than the packaging suggested, which works for my warmer skin tone. Chihuahua looks like it's my solid favorite as I like pinky peach tones to my lips, even if they make my teeth look yellow. I didn't expect to like Chocolate Honey as much as I do but the browny tones don't make me look like I below back in the 90's. It gives a nice warmth without looking like I've been dipping into the chocolate jar. Lady Balls is a weird name but the matte red is actually comfortable to wear.

too faced merry kissmas set review and swatches ulta birthday haul

Next up, is the Becca Blushed with Light Palette ($34usd for 0.4oz). I actually bought this for full retail price so I'm a bit annoyed that they halved the price during Black Friday. Then I picked myself off the floor when I applied these beautiful colors to my cheeks. If you read my Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Palette review, you know that I fell in love with the blushes. I was expecting that kind of quality here but I seem to be disappointed in that aspect. Don't get me wrong, the colors are gorgeous but they don't have the same lasting power as the Champagne Collection ones.  All colors except for Wisteria are in their current collection, but these colors are easily dupable. Wisteria is a matte soft rose, though I was hoping for a mauve dupe to the Hourglass Mood Exposure. Songbird is a shimmering peach and Snapdragon is a luminous coral. Don't be afraid of the shimmer as most of it is knocked off during blending.

becca cosmetics blushed with light palette review and swatches, ulta birthday haul

Lastly, the main reason why I went to Ulta in the first place: the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I won't bore you to death over the details but I'll simply say that it's a good palette. This is the first one I've tried from ABH and I'm glad I did. The colors are definitely not something I have a lot of in my collection, which I appreciate. The shadows I have tried are pigmented and easy to blend, both mattes and shimmers. I may have even found a dupe for my all-time favorite shadow in Primavera but I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison to confirm. Nothing negative to say about it and that I agree with what everyone else is saying. Will it replace my beloved Lorac Pro Palette as my number one palette? Only time will tell...

anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance review and swatches, ulta birthday haul

anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance review and swatches, ulta birthday haul

anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance review and swatches, ulta birthday haul

I love Ulta's birthday perk because it's always a full size and this was the first year I was able to claim one. They make you go to the actual brick and mortar store, unlike Sephora. But I moved near one so just popped on over with the coupon on my phone. This quarter's perk is a full sized Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy. It's a lovely shell pink with silver glitters -- reminds me of Lorac's Champagne actually. Haven't even swatched it yet but I'm sure you can Google them if you're curious. 

I try to restrain myself throughout the year so that I can spoil myself during my birthday month. Does anyone else do that or do you like to go HAM all year, haha?

XOXO,

Cindy ♥


No comments