Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 4: Holiday OOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 4: Holiday OOTD

This past week saw me fall off the Blogmas wagon but I'm going to continue posting even after because the posts still fit the holiday theme. Anyhoo, I wanted to share what I'm wearing this holiday weekend! I don't aspire to be a fashion blogger but I thought you all would enjoy the various content I have planned. Let me know if it's something y'all like or I should just stick to makeup, hehe.
I have the great advantage of living in a Mediterranean climate all year-round. That means it never gets to below freezing temperatures, but it's still cold enough where I can enjoy wrapping myself in a thick coat and some booties. A girl can pretend it's going to be a white Christmas!

For the past two Christmases, I wore the same red blouse and black denim jeans but this year, I wanted to switch it up and wear a skirt instead. I know most of y'all have never seen me in person but to be brief, I have a pear-shaped body. A lot of my friends and family make teasing jokes about my bottom so I've been very self-conscious about it. But I've decided to embrace it and expand my wardrobe with a festive burgundy pencil skirt from Forever 21. Unfortunately, this one is out of stock (which is one thing I don't like about fast fashion) but this floral crochet lace skirt is a similar style but is in black, rose or peacock. If you're set on this color, I suggest this Contemporary lace skirt. It's an A-line shape, which is flattering on many shapes. Plus, it'll hide that food baby well 😉  The skirt flows to below the knee, so it'll cover enough from the elements. Keep in mind that the Contemporary line runs a little larger than the regular line so size up or down as appropriately.

And because I hate accessorizing, I like to look for shirts with an interesting neckline. This Contemporary Tie-Neck Top is sleeveless with two rows of ruffles running vertically on the shirt. I especially love the tie-neck because I don't have to think about a coordinating necklace to go along with this outfit. The keyhole in the back makes me feel a little bit scandalous without being revealing, if that makes any sense. It's sheer but not so sheer as to be inappropriate for a family dinner. All these little details make it a bit more special than a simple white top. They only have this in the XL size but you can get a similar effect if you tie a black ribbon around your neck. 

Lastly, my booties were a gift from my sister last Christmas. I'm not sure what style it is but the brand is Lauren Conrad. I found the same exact shoe but it looks like it's a different material than the one I have. To be honest, I don't know much about her besides the reality TV show she starred in that I never got around to watching, but these are quite comfortable. Even from the first wear, these became my staple winter boots. As you can see, I prefer all the glitz and glam on my face rather than my clothes. These otherwise plain black leather booties are accent with a criss cross leather strap and two studs and buckle that don't serve any other purpose but decorative. The heel isn't too high, especially for someone who prefers her Converse and flip flops on the daily. It also has a satisfying clicking sound as my foot strikes the floor, but isn't obnoxious. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the sound of heels clacking on a wooden or marble floor; it felt so glamorous and womanly. So while I love the sound, I don't like the uncomfortable feel of wearing heels, nor do I need the extra height. 

Thinking this outfit over, I might add an oversized gold watch and some pretty earrings to jazz things up. And since it's been raining on and off this past week, I'll be rocking a navy blue peacoat and some sheer black tights to make sure I stay warm. 

I'm already so excited about this weekend, haha. The holidays are usually a tough time for many so I'm thankful that I have something to look forward to. I'll see if I can coax my brothers into taking a photo of me and update this post or over on my Instagram @makeupwithaheart. I haven't decided on my makeup yet but I've watched and seen a ton of inspo these past few days...I just have to narrow things down! 

I really enjoyed writing this post haha. Don't get me wrong, beauty is my true passion but this felt like I was getting ready to go out with my friends, deciding on outfits and our hair. I miss those days with my roommates, hehe. Anyhoo, I'd love to hear about how you're spending the holidays, what your favorite traditions are or anything you want to tell me! I'm currently home alone with the music blasting so I don't spook myself, haha.

XOXO,

Cindy ♥

No comments