Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

HAUL | Sephora 2016 VIB Sale

November is my favorite month because not only do we celebrate Thanksgiving in the U.S. (food! family! FOOD!), it's my birthday month! It's so dangerous because there's so many great sales to tempt me. I pretty much picked up items that I've had my eye on for ages and a gift for my sister. So let's get into the items. :)

I tried a sample of the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream in my Samples Weekly Edit #2, and while it was too rich for summer, it's perfect for this drier fall season. The First Aid Beauty Winter Skin Savers ($38usd) contains one Ultra Repair Cream, One Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration in Vanilla Citron, and two Ultra Repair Lip Therapies, one in colorless and the other in Rosy Red. These are going to be a gift for my sister since she's been complaining about dry skin so I'll have to ask her whether or not it was a good one! Since I too also suffer from dry skin in the colder months, I bought a 2 oz tube of the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration ($12usd). They come in various sizes but this one is a good size for me because I only need it for winter so I think this size would see me through the colder weather.

sephora november 2016 VIB sale haul, first aid beauty winter skin savers, first aid beauty ultra repair cream intense hydration, kat von d everlasting liquid lipstick in lolita and double dare swatches, formula x for sephora nail color in supersonic, marc jacobs birthday perk reviews

Lisa Eldridge always has the prettiest nails and I was mesmerized by a jade color she was wearing in one of her videos. I didn't want to get that one so I was looking for a dupe and came across the Formula X Nail Color in Supersonic ($10.50 usd). It's very similar in tone to my jade bracelet, so bonus points for that. I haven't tried it on my nails yet but will do so at some point in the future. Unfortunately, it seems as if this brand is being phased out of Sephora so check your local stores to see if they have this color. If you're interested in this color, OPI Jade is the New Black was my inspiration (not cruelty-free though).


The liquid lipstick craze hasn't died down whatsoever so I wanted to add a few more to my arsenal. Kat Von D is known for her black liquid liner (that I myself, very much enjoy) but her Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks ($20usd each) are just as good. I had one previously, Bachelorette, so I wanted to pick up some everyday colors. I picked up Double Dare, a cocoa blush, and Lolita, a chestnut rose. Everyone seems to love Lolita and I'm happy to report that I'm on the bandwagon too! Some days, it looks more reddish, other days it looks brown. I do have pigmented lips though some days, they're paler when I'm tired. Double Dare is in the same tone but it's more rosy. Though the swatches make it look like they're identical, there is a noticeable difference on my lips. I plan on doing a review soon, so keep an eye out for it!
sephora vib sale haul, kat von d everlasting lipstick in double dare and lolita review and swatches
I was taking photos on a rainy day and tried to color correct as best as I could
 Fragrances are so-so for me. I have a weak sense of smell so I don't pick up on scents unless they're really strong. Because of this, I was so surprised when I could actually detect NEST's Passiflora. It's an earthy scent, like a meadow full of flowers after a good rain. It's currently on sale for $39usd for 1.7oz (a steal!). So when I saw this coffret, I of course jumped on it immediately. The NEST Eau de Parfum Collection Coffret ($36usd) contains seven 0.10oz/3ml rollerballs inspired by 18th century British artist, Mary Delany. I haven't tried any of these yet but I will probably update in a future Beauty Roundup. The scents included are Midnight Fleur, Verde, Dahlia & Vines, Indigo, Citrine, White Sandalwood, and Paradise. 

sephora vib sale haul, nest eau de parfum collection coffret, dahlia & vines, midnight fleur, verde, indigo, citrine, white sandalwood, paradise

Since I'm not that great at describing scents, I made sure to take this photo for y'all. ;)
sephora vib sale haul, nest eau de parfum collection coffret, dahlia & vines, midnight fleur, verde, indigo, citrine, white sandalwood, paradise

And that completes my Sephora November 2016 VIB Sale haul. This haul continued my VIB status so I'm set for the following year. Rouge was nice while it lasted but I don't think it was worth it in the end. When you renew your VIB status, there were several perks and I might take advantage of one of them. Overall, I'm pretty happy and excited with everything in this haul.

Disclaimer: Shopping links are not affiliated! They're for your convenience if you wanted to purchase them for friends and family--or yourself ;)

Did you partake in the Sephora VIB Sale?
 What have you all hauled lately?

XOXO,

Cindy ♥

No comments