Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette


REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
I'm super late to the whole Champagne Pop party but it's still fashionable to be late, right? I wanted to be completely sure about my feelings on this palette before I wrote this review but as always, I'm never on time. Still, I wanted to get this out because 4 out of the 5 products are available in duos so y'all can pick and choose what you like instead. So, let's get into this review!

THE BREAKDOWN} 

First of all, the packaging. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but this palette immediately caught my eye. I love the sturdy white outer with flecks of gold and silver polka dots.The functional aspects are top notch. Large mirrors help me see my entire face as I do my makeup and the mirror is crystal clear, making close ups easy for a glasses-wearing person. The mirror stands up by itself when propped at a certain angle. So important when I'm holding the palette in one hand. It does not extend 180° so be careful about chipping your highlighters with your brush #guilty. Bonus points for a magnetic clasp because I dislike palettes that chip my polish. I have several palettes that I never use because of that reason. Size-wise, it doesn't feel bulky or too thin. Too bulky would make it harder to store and too thin would make me nervous about it cracking. It's not too large for my very small, child-size gloves wearing hands. So far, so good. 
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
My gripes with this palette are 1) that the mirrored finish is gorgeous to look at but it picks up fingerprints like no other and 2) The pans are arranged for a right handed person. As you'll see in the bottom photo, the highlighters are shifted to the right, leaving a circle space for a well-placed hand. I'm a lefty, so I hold the palette in my right hand as I apply makeup with my left #NoDuhButIDidntKnowHowtoExplainThatBit. So, it's only an inconvenience for fellow southpaws but still wanted to mention that. Otherwise, A+ on the  design.  
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
The palette contains two Shimmering Skin Perfectors Pressed, two Mineral Blushes and one Luminous Blush, all powder products. All of the products, except for Rose Spritz, contain talc as the first ingredient. I personally do not have a problem with that but I have heard that it can irritate some people, so keep that in mind. The total net weight is 0.72oz/20.4g. This palette retailed for $52usd plus tax ($72.22usd per oz). Best of all, Becca Cosmetics is a cruelty-free company so I am free to indulge in many more of their products (in the far, far future. My wallet can't handle it, hehe).

 There's no breakdown of how much product each individual pan contains. However, the weights and costs of full sized individual products are:
  • Shimmering Skin Perfectors Pressed: 0.28oz/8.5ml for $38usd
  • Mineral Blush: 0.2oz/5.6g for $32usd
  • Luminous Blush: 0.2oz for $34usd
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches

But this beauty is not just skin deep. Each of the shades in here are gorgeous to look at and a pleasure to apply and wear. I've been wearing it pretty much daily since the in-store launch back on June 16. Shocking, I know. I have certain products that I'm extremely loyal to but blushes and bronzer are one of those things that I like to switch up every day. This palette has all my summertime faves: a coral blush and a gold tone highlighter.

I was a bit hesitant about picking up this palette because I have tons of corally pink blushes but everyone was raving about it on Youtube. I planned on passing but then my sister and I went to Sephora on the day it was released, coincidentally, and I saw the palette, immediately putting it in the shopping cart. My sister tried to convince me to pick up other things but this $52usd palette was already pushing it for me (but thank goodness I had a giftcard to soften the blow to my wallet). 

Let me just say, if you have never tried a Becca highlighter or blush, you need to. The highlighters are so soft and buttery but apply with a punch. These dudes are not messing around. I'm always using a stipple or fluffy brush and I still get an intense look on my cheek. That's great for Instagram or for going out, but for day to day, I'm blending like hell to get a semblance of natural (but highlighter isn't natural, I know). Compared to Becca's Opal, these contain more glitter and would highlight any uneven skin texture, like enlarged pores.  

The blushes are the best of the best. Move over Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes because these babes are nothing short of magical. Similar to the highlighters, they're creamy goodness yet pack a pigmented punch. A fluffy brush and a light dab is all I need for a natural flush. 

And the best part? These are the longest wearing blushes and highlighters I've ever used. My face has a habit of eating  my base (thanks oil glands!) so I'm reapplying blush and highlight at least once throughout the day. But even after a 12-hour day (I like to leave my makeup on even when I get home to see how long it can last), everything was still there! The weather's been in the high 90s °F/30s °C, approaching the 100 °F, so I've been a sweaty and oily mess. I avoid touching my face and everything is still hanging on, looking slightly faded but I can still see the shimmery highlight, rosy blush and intense contour/bronze. I didn't know if that was just the foundation I was using but after over a month of testing, this is the real deal. I am definitely going to invest in more Becca blushes because I have never been this impressed by makeup.

{THE SWATCH}

REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
The palette contains:
  • Fan favorite Champagne Pop. Described as a "soft white gold with a pinky peach undertone", this mainly shows up as a champagne gold on my skin. I think my strong yellow tones cancel out the peach undertone, which is disappointing for me as I prefer my highlighters to be on the pink side. But, it's a great complement to my summer tan.
  • All-new Prosecco Pop. This is a "medium warm gold". It's quite golden and on my skin, is a darker version of Champagne Pop. I don't have anything like this in my collection as it's not a color I'd normally go for but it's gorgeous as an inner corner highlight. I was hoping it could be a dupe of my beloved Lorac Pro Lt Bronze but this is much more golden and shimmery. Still, looks really pretty as an eyeshadow. 
  • Two new shades of Mineral Blush in Amaretto and Pamplemousse. Amaretto is described as a "matte toasted almond". It's definitely not a flat matte as it contains microscopic shimmer that translate into a soft matte on my skin. Amaretto made me think twice about putting it on my face but it's actually my favorite shade out of the entire palette. It's a red-toned bronzer on me, which I prefer for summertime. I don't think I'll get use out of in the colder months but it complements all the warm eyeshadows I've been wearing. 
  • Pamplemousse is such a funny word that matches the vibrant color. Detailed as a matte warm coral pink, which I think is misleading. Again, it does contain the teeniest shimmer that helps it apply better to the skin without the heavy shimmer of the Skin Perfectors. It's a matte that isn't flat, my preferred kind of blush. 
  • Luminous Blush in Rose Spritz. It's a warm coral pink with golden shimmer. I haven't reached for this one much because it looks exactly like Pamplemousse on my skin, albeit shimmery. Despite being almost blinding in the pan, on my skin, it provides just the slightest healthy looking sheen on my skin. Being in direct sunlight makes it much more noticeable but most of the time, I'm seeking shade from the hot weather, haha.

{THE LOOK}

Here's three looks that I've remembered to photograph. They aren't in the best lighting but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to take photos in my new house. The swatches above are much more true to color since the photos were taken while the sun was setting. But anyway, can you see the shimmer? I'm in love!
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
Went HAM this day to see how much I could get away with. Turns out, this is my favorite look! I love the highlight; it's definitely #highlightonfleek
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
This and the photo below are me on my "natural" days. Highlight doesn't look visible in the photos but in person, when the light hits it just right, my cheeks glow like a landing strip. But Amaretto is just gorgeous!
REVIEW | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette, amaretto, pamplemousse, champagne pop, prosecco pop, rose spritz, swatches
Tried a silver eye look to see if cool toned eyeshadows go well with these colors. And they do...at least in my opinion. I kept everything soft because I wanted the eyes to pop and well, I got my wish, hehe.

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

All in all, I'm very glad I picked up this palette. Looking at online photos, I was vacillating between buy or no buy. But trying it for myself convinced me that this was a great addition to my collection. Like I said, I have tons of coral blushes but these last the longest and are conveniently located in one place. Amaretto is unique and much loved. The two highlighters aren't my favorites but they have grown on me as I use them for eyeshadows. 

Another gripe I forgot to mention above is that if versatility is your thing, you might be disappointed in the color selection. Even though Rose Spritz is shimmery and Pamplemousse isn't, adding Champagne Pop or Prosecco Pop on top of Pamplemousse gives you Rose Spritz. And while Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop aren't the same in my swatches, once on my face, I can't tell the difference. When I was labelling the photos, I couldn't even tell which was which until I looked at the date tags. I always start with my favorite color combo, moving to my least favorite in terms of eye-catchiness. 

So if you weren't able to get your hands on this palette because it sold out like hotcakes, don't fret. Becca has come out with four Champagne Splits that contain either Champagne or Prosecco Pop and a blush in Flowerchild, Hyacinth, Pamplemousse or Amaretto. I had contemplated returning the palette and getting Amaretto but it's paired with Prosecco (my least favorite) so I decided to keep the palette and get use out 80% of my palette than only 50%, if that makes sense. 

{WHERE TO BUY}

Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits Shimmering Skin Perfector Mineral Blush Duo // buy

Were you able to get your hands on this palette? 
What other long-wearing blushes should I be aware of?

XOXO,

Cindy ♥




2 comments

  1. I'm glad you like it! This palette looks gorgeous. I love long wearing blushes and highlighters.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the prettiest packaging in my collection! Can never be bothered to touch up so long-wearing makeup is a must <3

    ReplyDelete