Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul

BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul, tinsel, koosh, just fur fun, birthday girl, cat nap, puppy love review and swatches

I'm not sure what came over me but ever since my first Colourpop Haul back in September, it feels like I've made an order every month! Their colors are quite unique and I find myself wanting to collect them all. Rest assured, this is the last one for a while but there's no guessing how I'll feel come January!
I picked up six of the Super Shock Eyeshadows ($5usd for 0.07 oz). They have to be my favorite part of the brand and if you're a glittery shadow kinda person, these'll be right up your alley! Colourpop brought back some old favorites along with a brush promotion so I wanted to pick up Prickly Pear, but unfortunately, it was out of stock. Not wanting to risk missing out on the others, I placed my order and then saw that Prickly Pear was back -- gah. Not going to be placing another order just for one shadow since it's not like I need more shadows...

The ones I did end up with are Birthday Girl, Cat Nap, Puppy Love, Just Fur Fun, Koosh and Tinsel. My opinions aren't changed from my original thoughts so I'll just cut to the pictures and swatches instead!
BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul, tinsel, koosh, just fur fun, birthday girl, cat nap, puppy love review and swatches
From left to right: Birthday Girl, Cat Nap and Puppy Love

BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul, tinsel, koosh, just fur fun, birthday girl, cat nap, puppy love review and swatches
From left to right: Just Fur Fun, Koosh and Tinsel
BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul, tinsel, koosh, just fur fun, birthday girl, cat nap, puppy love review and swatches

  • Birthday Girl is described as a "metallic light gold with silver and pink glitter." I don't pick up on the pink but it's very metallic and pigmented. 
  • Cat Nap is described as a "rose gold with silver and pink glitter." As you can see, it doesn't show up rosy on my skintone but nothing a bit of pink cream base can't fix! 
  • Puppy Love is a "cream pink with gold sheen". This one is more matte than anything so it's good as an all over base color. 
  • Just Fur Fun is a "metallic soft pink with pale gold glitter." I love how peachy it looks on me and the glitters don't fall all over my face - score!
  • Koosh is described as an "ultra metallic silver icy taupe." There's just something about taupes that draw me in and with the intense glitter, makes this a great one for the holidays. Tati from GlamLifeGuru also raved about this so I had to have it!
  • Tinsel is a "metallic greyed out icy lavender". It looked much darker in pictures but this soft lavender is sooooo pretty. Has to be my favorite from this hau;. 

BLOGMAS | Day 8: Colourpop Holiday Haul, tinsel, koosh, just fur fun, birthday girl, cat nap, puppy love review and swatches

I was interested in the brushes since I've had some difficulties getting the shadows to look their best. While I like the blender brush with their mattes and satins, I still have trouble picking up and packing on their more glittery shades. I still think fingers is the way to go for those so that's a bummer for people with longer nails.

Overall, I'm super pleased with the shadows I picked. My favorite would have to be Tinsel since I love a good purple. I've been playing around with the shades today and will be posting a look soon, light permitting. Good news is that all their holiday items, including Tinsel, Koosh and Just Fur Fun, are 20% off so you'll save a buck on each! I'm trying hard not to look at anything else on the site so I don't get hooked. Also, proceeds from Cat Nap and Puppy Love will be donated to NKLA and Best Friends Animal Society, organizations dedicated to promoting no-kill shelters, which makes sense since Colourpop is a cruelty-free brand.

Only a few days left before the new year! On the one hand, I'm excited for a fresh start but I also feel meh about it. It's probably just going to be another regular day for me, hehe. 

What will y'all be doing this New Years?



XOXO,
Cindy ♥


No comments