Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BEAUTY REVIEW | April 2015♥

cover fx custom cover drops, ladykin at the party long & perm mascara, smashbox blemish control primer, too faced chocolate soleil bronzer, urban decay naked basics 2 palette, color world setting powder in lavender
I'm thinking of starting a new series. Instead of doing monthly favorites, I've decided to change it to Beauty Review. I love sharing products I loved using during the month that I didn't get a chance to do a full review on but I've also come across products that didn't work for me. In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll be including those dud products as well as product updates! Without further ado, let's head into my April loves!

Color World Setting Powder in Lavender (review)
When I saw this powder, I wasn't thrilled with it. I set it aside and didn't touch it until I wrote my Cinderella Memebox post and had to give it a go. This powder has changed how I set my makeup. Never have I used such a fine powder that can set both my under eyes and the rest of my makeup. My under eyes never look cakey and my face doesn't even look like it has powder on. I've tried the translucent powders from MUFE and Tarte and the quality that sets this powder on another level is that it has some substance to it. By that, I mean that it doesn't fly everywhere and make a dusty mess. Those white powders do make me look ashy if I over apply but this lavender powder doesn't change anything underneath but sets everything to a soft matte finish. Never judge a book by its cover!

Another hit from the Cinderella Memebox, it slowly crept into my heart. I  liked it enough during the trial phase but it didn't wow me. After using it almost every day since that review, I'm in love with this mascara! The brush is interesting to say the least but it doesn't clump my lashes. I haven't figured out why my right eye's lashes get clumpy but not my left. The formula holds a curl well without any smudging despite my oily lids and watery eyes. It is a tubing mascara so it comes off easily with warm water. It doesn't do much volumizing but it does an okay job of lengthening my stubby lashes.

Like many makeup lovers, I have tons of foundation bottles in varying shades. I tan easily so I have winter and summer foundation. Because you can combine this product with other base products, it cuts down the number of products you need. I bought it in a shade darker than I needed to use with my foundations that are too light. To see it in action, check out my #StickyFOTD Challenge

Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer in Blemish Control
I bought this product back when my skin was acting up. I used it a few times and promptly forgot about it as my skin cleared up. I don't know if it's because I've been trying out so many new products that my skin is reacting negatively or if it's just that time of the month but I've been giving this a go again. It contains 2% salicylic acid, hence the blemish control. I've not seen any dramatic results from using this product but it does a great job of smoothing large pores, gliding over dry healing pimples, and prolonging the wear of my foundation. It says people saw improved results in 2 weeks. I haven't used it for that long but I'm anticipating the results. Despite the green tube, the product inside is white. I was slightly disappointed but at least there's no added color dyes to irritate sensitive skin!

I have the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette that I love so I knew that the formula would be phenomenal. I don't like wearing all-matte eyeshadows but I thought it would be a great companion to my other palettes. As basic as this is, I find myself using this almost everyday since I've bought it. I can get use out of every shade. My favorite shades are Skimp for highlighting my brow bone, Cover and Primal for my crease, and Undone for a soft liner look. This palette saved my butt when I went home for Spring Break because I forgot to bring my eyebrow products! A combination of Primal and Undone matched my brow color perfectly and had good staying power. It is expensive but since I get so much use out of it, I don't mind the price too much. 

This is a limited edition product from last summer but the bronzers included are part of the regular line-up. My favorite is definitely the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It is the perfect contour shade for my light medium, yellow undertone skin. It isn't grey or orange on me. Definitely tempted to buy this on its own so I can bring it everywhere. The included brush is also my favorite for applying and blending the bronzer. The chocolate scent is a big hit for many but some days, it's overwhelming for me and makes me feel nauseous. Either way, I'll get a lot more use out of this now that summer is around the corner!

I don't have any misses this month but I will see if I can include some for May! 
What are some products that you've been loving/hating?

XOXO,
MWAH ♥


No comments