Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING | Cinderella Memebox 👠

cinderella memebox, tonymoly bcdantion all master, macqueen concealer dual veil #21, eclaire color blast blusher santorini coran, matte lip cream in 01 rhodes, review and swatches
While Cinderella wasn't one of my favorite Disney princesses to watch when I was younger, her themed Memebox is one of my favorites! Her box contains 7 full-sized products to make sure your face and hair is flawless for dancing the night away at the ball!

  {THE BREAKDOWN}


Tonymoly BCDation All Master -- $24usd for 50 g/1.8oz ($13.33usd per oz) sample size 20g/0.7oz ($9.33usd)
A lot of claims this one makes: makeup base, BB cream, CC cream, and foundation--hence the name. It corrects, blurs and balances out the skintone while moisturizing, lifting, and adding extra volume for a silky smooth 3D complexion. Now I don't know about you, but my face is already 3D O_O I guess they mean that it helps to sculpt your face? My skin is young so I didn't notice any lifting or volume from this foundation but it did add a lot of moisture. The coverage is sheer to light; it reduced the appearance of pores, redness and post acne hyperpigmentation marks but didn't cover them. I wouldn't call this a foundation at all, just a glorified slightly tinted moisturizer. It only comes in this one shade which is way too light and pasty on my skintone. The addition of SPF 30 PA++ will come in handy when I mix it with stuff that don't contain SPF.

Macqueen Dual Veil Concealer in #21 -- $14usd for 8g/0.28oz ($50usd per oz)
The name Macqueen reminds me of the late couturier McQueen so I feel a little sad using it (May he rest in peace). I was a bit meh with the concealer since it's in the lightest of the two shades available and Korean makeup tends to run too light for me as it is. However, the lighter shade works to brighten my under eye circles without looking ashy or grey. I like to use the liquid side under my eyes since it's very lightweight and the stick side to conceal redness around my nose and clean up my lip line. The doe foot of the liquid side is standard and can pick up too much product. Since the texture is very watery, I only apply two dots to each side and it brightens up my eye area nicely. The shape of the stick side reminded me of Cle de Peau's lipstick bullets and the chiseled tip helps me define my lip line without getting everywhere. I was on the hunt for a lighter coverage concealer for my under eyes on my low makeup days and this does the trick! I haven't used the stick side on my under eyes but it feels moisturizing enough if you have darker circles than I do. 

Eclaire Color Blast Blush in Santorini Coral -- $32usd for 3.5g/0.12oz ($266.67usd per oz)
The packaging reminds me of Shu Uemura's blushers with the blush pan sliding into the actual compact. The coral color is right up my alley and the creamy and silky feel excited me but the pigmentation was disappointing. It's so sheer and light that it looks chalky on my skin tone. Using 3 layers and a denser brush yields enough color on my face but when I have blushes like Tarte and NYX that are good in one dip, this pales in comparison. 

Eclaire Color Blast Matte Lip Cream in 01 Rhodes -- $29usd for 5ml/0.17oz ($170.59usd per oz)
It claims to be long-lasting, waterproof yet moisturizing with it's vegetable oil-based formula. I find those claims to be true; even my arm was stained for two days after intense scrubbing and oil based makeup cleansers. The bright warm pink color plus the addition of SPF 10 makes it something that I'll get a lot of use out of this summer. The doe foot doesn't pick up too much product and it's small enough to make crisp edges. It looks satin at first but once it dries down, it settles into a comfortable matte finish. It's free of parabens, benzophenone, alcohol, mineral oil and phenoxyethanol. 

Color World Setting Powder in Lavender -- $24usd for 30g/1.06oz ($22.64usd per oz)
When I first saw the powder, I thought I wasn't going to get any use of of this powder. Lavender already makes it seem unwearable and loose powder is too messy for me. But I'm a beauty blogger and I cannot leave any territory unexplored so I bravely tested this out. Lo and behold, I fell in love with the finish it gave me! I've dabbled with MUFE HD Setting Powder and the Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator Finishing Powder but it wasn't anything that blew my socks off. It's extremely lightweight and silky. This set my undereye concealer with no cakiness or textured look whatsoever. When I excitedly dusted my face with this magical powder, my face was a soft matte that just looked amazing! Powders were a necessary evil for me combination skin but this totally changed my mind about setting powders. I'm so glad I received the full size because I'll be using this so much from now on. I want to toss all my other powders away but that's wasteful so I'll be grudgingly using those other powders for touch ups or something...It says that it can add extra color and coverage when applied alone but I don't think so. Holy grail status for sure!

LadyKin At the Party Long & Perm Mascara -- $10usd for 8ml/0.27oz ($37.04usd per oz)
The wand of this mascara reminds me of the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara. The tip has a little ball that can be used to coat hard to reach inner and lower lashes and the stick part of the brush with the stubby bristles is used to curl the lashes. First time I used it, I only utilized the ball part and it took so long to get all my lashes. When I read the instructions and noticed the stubby bits on the wand, I was a bit skeptical about how well it would apply mascara. Using the stick part did lengthen my lashes but it made my curl fall from my eyelash curlers. It didn't do anything miraculous for my lashes other than make them slightly more noticeable than if they were bare. It hasn't irritated my eyes yet and since it seems to be water resistant, I'm going to use it up. UPDATE: The formula is a tubing kind so removal with traditional dual phase makeup remover is difficult. For best results, use warm water to gently tug on the lashes. I don't have the issue of falling lashes anymore; my curl stays put now! I don't know why but my lashes seem to clump on my right eye, might be an issue with how I hold the wand.

Anis Double Act Curling Essence -- $6usd for 200g/7.1oz ($0.85usd per oz)
I haven't used this yet but it seems to be a moisturizing hair treatment that helps hold your hairstyle. You apply this over towel-dried hair and then reapply after blow drying your hair to give it a lustrous finish. I'm intrigued to say the least but it seems like a lot of work for my usual air-dry routine. 

{THE SWATCH}

cinderella memebox, tonymoly bcdantion all master, macqueen concealer dual veil #21, eclaire color blast blusher santorini coran, matte lip cream in 01 rhodes, review and swatches

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

Even though I don't understand how all of these things related to Cinderella, I'm quite pleased with this box. I've gotten good use out of the powder and concealer and can foresee myself using everything in this box. I wasn't happy about the blush but I'm just used to my pigmented blushes. I have high hopes for the hair essence since I've never used one before so I'll check in once I give it whirl. Since this was a Cinderella box, I was hoping for some feet-related things or pumpkin products. I don't attend too many balls but for my everyday life, this will get me through!

{WHERE TO BUY}

MEMEBOX (US and Korea only)

If you had to curate a box around a Disney princess, 
which princess and what items would you include?

XOXO,

MWAH ♥


3 comments

  1. oh my gawd... they all look AMAZING!!! Which one is your fav??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be cheating if I said all of it? xD I have review on half my loot--still working on the rest. Overall, I'm liking everything I'm testing with a few exceptions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha no! i totally understand if you love all of them ;) ah well thats good you like all of them

    ReplyDelete