Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | Rimmel London ScandalEYES Eye Shadow Stick

 mufe aqua shadow 20E dupe, tarte waterproof shadow stick smokey topaz dupe ,Rimmel London ScandalEYES Eye Shadow Stick trespassing taupe bluffing review swatches
Quick and easy is the name of the game when it comes to the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks. Rimmel consistently has great products and these are no different. I picked up two shades, Trespassing Taupe and Bluffing for starters. 



{THE BREAKDOWN}

I love a good eyeshadow pencil but they used to be restricted to high end brands. However, the drugstore has been churning out so many excellent versions. The high impact color combined with the ultra soft formula glides on smoothly for a long lasting wear time. With just one pass, I get an opaque finish. They blend easily with my fingers for a soft edge. The rounded tip is comfortable on my lids but I'll be sad when it wears down. It's a good thing they don't wear down quickly at all. These require a sharpener but you'll be ensured fresh product every time! I wore these without eye primer and they lasted 5 hours before some creasing. Smoothing it back out with my finger worked  but to prevent that, I usually top it with powder eyeshadow. I appreciate that the end cap matches the color of the product because I store my pencils in a cup and it's easier to find the one I want.

{THE SWATCH}

 Rimmel London ScandalEYES Eye Shadow Stick trespassing taupe bluffing review swatches, mufe 20E dupe, tarte smokey topaz dupe
Trespassing Taupe is a matte taupe. The color is cooler and more grey on my skin compared to the pencil but blending it out gives it that nutty brown shade. It's similar to the Tarte Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Smokey Topaz but Smokey Topaz is on the warmer side. Bluffing is a shimmery silver taupe. It's an easily dupeable color, especially if you're a taupe lover like me but the pencil form makes it a breeze to apply. Some suggestions are MUG Foiled Eyeshadow in Mesmerized, Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze, MUFE Aqua Shadow in 20E, and NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Almond.These pencils come in 15 colors and various finishes. I bought mine in store at Walgreens and got buy one, get one 50%--such a steal! These pencils retail for $4.29usd for 0.11 oz ($39usd per oz). 

{THE LOOK}

mufe aqua shadow 20E dupe, tarte waterproof shadow stick smokey topaz dupe Rimmel London ScandalEYES Eye Shadow Stick trespassing taupe bluffing review swatches
LID // Bluffing
CREASE // Trespassing Taupe
OUTER CORNER // Trespassing Taupe
INNER CORNER // Milani Shadow Eyez in Shimmer Sands
LINER // Memebox Eyeliner in Moonstone
MASCARA // Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara
BLUSH// Bourjois Creme Blush in Sweet Cherry
LIPS// Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Ole Flamingo

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

If you're in the market for an amazing eyeshadow pencil at an affordable price, these are for you! I haven't tried a Rimmel product that was disappointing and these satisfy my lemming for shadow pencils beautifully. I haven't reached for my powder shadow in forever and that's not just because I've been testing these shadow pencils! The ease of application paired with the longevity make an unbeatable combo when it comes to eyeshadow. I might try out some of the brighter shades for summer like Paranoid Purple, Gossip Green and Naughty Navy. 

{WHERE TO BUY}

Rimmel London ScandalEyes Shadow Sticks // boots / cvsrimmel / ulta / walgreens

What are some of your quick and easy products? 


XOXO,

MWAH ♥




4 comments

  1. Eyeshadow sticks for the win! I have a real soft spot for them, and I've heard great things about these! Not a crazy fan of the sharpening aspect, but otherwise they look great! Love how these look on you :) My favorite eyeshadow stick formula is the Laura Mercier one. I own like 8 of those which is a little crazy (OK, half of them are the smaller ones from a holiday set)! I also like the By Terry formula. Luckily for my wallet, the brand doesn't make too many shades that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like sharpening my pencils because I love seeing them get smaller, so weird haha. I've been meaning to give the LM ones a try but can't decide on a color. I'm SOO tempted to just grab a bunch but since they're a bit expensive, I wanted to try out one and see how I get on. I should've picked up the minis--I never go through makeup anyway T_T I've heard so many raves about By Terry; the gold packaging is so luxurious! I've been avoiding reviews and swatches because I don't want to get sucked in! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of these and i love them! <3

    ReplyDelete