Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FOTD | Shadow of a Glimmer

armani eye tint in shadow, lorac pro palette, lorac pro palette 2, tarte amazonian clay blush, drugstore makeup look
Luxury and designer beauty products are  scary, scary worlds to jump into. The items are beautifully packaged and performance is impressive, luring in unsuspecting wallets.  I've been pretty good at avoiding the counters (other than purchasing gifts for others, then I spare no luxury!) because I'm not ready to make that leap yet xD That having been said, the new Armani Eye Tints really drew me in and they got a great review on Temptalia. I feel naked without eyeshadow on because it evens out my lids. Hence, this seemed like a good choice for my first luxury purchase--and I am not disappointed!
armani eye tint in shadow, lorac pro palette, lorac pro palette 2, tarte amazonian clay blush, drugstore makeup look
To prep my skin for foundation, I used the Vivito Blue Shiny Primer (review). This is great at hydrating my skin, especially since my current sunscreen keeps me quite matte. My foundation du jour is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation (review) in shade 128 Warm Nude. My dark circles are so bad right now as midterm week rolls in. I get less than 5 hours or sleep everyday and I feel a cold coming on >.> My throat is sore and my nose is clogged, probably not allergies as I had thought. Anyhoo, the combination of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand and Medium make the perfect shade for my light-medium skin to cover up those bad boys. I set my entire face with the L'Oreal True Match Powder in W3 Nude Beige. I was aiming for a smokey eye (which I never do!) so I applied Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed for some definition and color. 
armani eye tint in shadow, lorac pro palette, lorac pro palette 2, tarte amazonian clay blush, drugstore makeup look
For the main event, my eyes, I applied the Armani Eye Tint in Shadow. There's 12 colors available but with the hefty price tag, I decided to pick one. I was tempted to pick Cold Copper or Flannel, safe colors that I'd wear often, but the gray-ish purple shimmer of Shadow lulled me in. Gray is not my color, no matter how much I try but the purple calmed me down--and won me over! My photos are horrible quality but the day was so cloudy and my camera was charging so I took out my phone to try my best to capture the majesticness of Shadow. I've never been comfortable with a smokey eye, let alone a gray one, but this shadow makes a smokey eye so easy--barely any blending required. Seriously, the love is immense with this one. I brought out my Lorac Pro Palette 2 (review) since I hadn't used it in a while but pulled out the Lorac Pro Palette for some additional back up. To enhance the the purple tones, I added Deep Purple over the lid (LPP). I blended the edges with Cool Grey (LPP2) in the crease, Buff + Snow (LPP2) on the brow bone and Silver (LPP2) in my inner corners for a pop!

For the lower lashline, I applied Deep Purple (LPP2) on the outer corner. The inner corner was a little more complicated as I was trying to get a particular shade. I first used I Wish Lovely Shadow Stick in Rose Gold but it was too warm for what I was going for. I then went in with the NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Almond but it wasn't light enough. Adding the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese fixed that right up!
armani eye tint in shadow, lorac pro palette, lorac pro palette 2, tarte amazonian clay blush, drugstore makeup look
To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes with the Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler and applied multiple coats of the Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. I applied Rimmel London ScandalEyes WP Kajal Liner in 005 Nude in my waterline to brighten the look further.

I usually do my lips last so by the time I get to it, I just slap on one product and call it a day. I used the Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction for a sheer hint of pink to my lips.

And that ladies and gentlemen, was how I overcame my phobia of a dark, grey smokey eye! I cheated a little and used purple over the top but one of these days, I will go all out grey ;)

What is one makeup trend/look that you're uncomfortable with?
 Share it with me and we'll get over it together!

XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments