Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING | Tinkerbell Memebox ✨

I go through many phases and I got this in one of my Memebox phases. I was obsessed with Disney princesses as a child and while Tinkerbell isn't really a princess, she made Peter Pan much more enjoyable for me to watch. My dad actually gave me a light-up feather pen with a Tinkerbell adornment on top that I cherish to this day :D I'm sure you all want to know more about the products than more of my Tinkerbell anecdotes so let's cut to the chase!

{THE BREAKDOWN}

There are a total of six, full sized products. I'm actually quite pleased because this is the first box where everything is full size. To go with the Tinkerbell theme, these twinkling products will add shimmer and sparkle to your face! 

mizon on shy glow on shimmer light, rire pigment peach peach, body-net clavi-s cream, vivito blues shiny primer, tonymoly tears glitter eyeliner 01 white, revecen shiny lip gloss white, korean makeup review and swatches memebox tinkerbell memebox
1.Mizon Oh! Shy Glow On Shimmer Light -- 8ml/0.27oz for $14usd ($51.85usd per oz)

  • The Shimmer Light is a highlighter that can be used anywhere you want to add more radiance: T-zone, C-zone, or dark circles. It's described as natural peach coral shade but in person, it's similar to the Benefit High Beam but more of a silvery champagne pink. The applicator is like a nail polish brush but it picks up too much product. I like to apply it to my hand and use a finger to gently press the product onto my cheeks. The product doesn't set too quickly so you have time to blend it in properly. 


2. RiRe Pigment in 03 Peach Peach -- 2.5g/0.09oz for $12usd  ($133.33usd per oz)
  • Pigments are not my friend. I've avoided them like the plague for years until this one showed up in my box. The coppery bronze color is subtle enough for me but the effect is anything but. The pigment is much chunkier than I thought it would be and resembles gold flakes. As such, it's hard for me to get even and smooth coverage. Fallout is expected as it's a pigment but that can be minimized with patting motions. I've tried to work with it twice but it just doesn't look that great. There's no sifter so it gets everywhere and being a clean freak when it comes to my makeup, it's just too much trouble.


3. Revecen Moisture Shine Lip Gloss in 01 White -- 7ml/0.24oz for $16usd ($66.67usd usd per oz)

  • Lip gloss is not something I like to wear. You would think that I'd like it more since my lips are so dry but I can't stand the gloopy texture. Enriched with olive oil, this lip gloss promises to be super moist and supple without being sticky. Lip gloss always has some kind of stickiness to it or else it wouldn't stick but this is one of the least sticky lip glosses I've tried. The silver sparkles are visible but since the base is clear, it has a nice plumping look. One downfall is that I can feel the grittiness of the glitters. The double wall packaging makes it bulkier than it needs to be but the pointed and slanted applicator makes it easy to apply on my lips without overdoing it.


4. Tonymoly Crystal Tear Glitter Liner in #01 White -- 5ml/0.17oz for $7usd ($14.18usd per oz)

  • Korean makeup artists like to highlight the lower lash line, or tear line, to create a sophisticated yet dewy makeup. The liner contains panthenol complex to moisturize and condition both lashes and skin. In all honesty, this glitter liner is too pigmented for me and since it's so wet, it gets all over the place. I'm not a fan of this look but the Korean pop stars and actresses pull off this look well so I'll leave it to them. The brush is thin but it doesn't distribute product evenly; some places will have too much but others will be naked. I don't have the steadiest of hands so the line is never straight or even enough for me. It's a nice concept but I much prefer using a glitter pencil liner to subtly (is glitter ever subtle though?) highlight just my inner corners. I haven't tried it as a regular liner on my lids but the white color is too stark against my light-medium skin tone.

5. Vivito Blues Shiny Primer -- 30ml/1oz for $34usd 

  • This is my most favorite item out of the bunch. I never saw the point of a primer before but this helps my foundation go over any dry areas of my skin without emphasizing them. It slightly fills in my pores but doesn't make them disappear as well as a silicone-based primer does. The description says that there's shimmers in the formula for extra radiance but I do not detect a single sparkle in here. I still love it because it's an extra boost of hydration that helps my makeup apply better. I didn't notice any extra hours of extended wear when using it but at least it didn't break up my foundation. I talked about it in my Foundation 101 so if you're looking for some tips on how to prolong your foundation, check it out!

6. Body-Net Clavi-S Cream -- 10g0.35oz for $8usd ($22.86usd per oz)

  • I've only recently gotten into highlighting my skin and even then, just the tops of my cheekbones. This cream is meant for your neck and collarbone to mimic the radiance of Korean actresses on the red carpet. Now I don't know if they use this exact product but the shimmer is very subtle. The golden cream sheers to a pinky golden sheen that sheers even further with additional rubbing to mere silver, pink and gold sparkles. From far away, I don't notice anything but upon closer inspection I can see the individual sparkles. Maybe I'm using it wrong but I don't notice any brightness or radiance. This cream is infused with  cabbage rose water and allantoin  for soft, smooth and firm skin. I don't notice any firming--not that my 20-something year old skin needs it, but it does make my skin feel soft and smooth, despite the sparkles. A sparkly body is not something I need in my day to day life but I may mix it with a lightweight lotion for a subtle sheen. 

{THE SWATCH}

mizon on shy glow on shimmer light, rire pigment peach peach, body-net clavi-s cream, vivito blues shiny primer, tonymoly tears glitter eyeliner 01 white, revecen shiny lip gloss white, korean makeup review and swatches memebox tinkerbell memebox

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

All in all, I think this was an okay box. I paid approximately $32usd for this box and the value is $91usd, which is almost triple what I paid. I got this since last November and the only item I use consistently is the Vivito Blues Shiny Primer. I just don't have a lot of room in my every day makeup for glitters so a lot of this is unnecessary but I do love the concept. I have two more princess boxes to unbox for y'all so keep an eye out for Cinderella and Ariel!

{WHERE TO BUY}

Memebox (ships to the US and Korea only)

XOXO,

MWAH ♥




No comments