Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayon

 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayon enduring rose forever taupe review swatches
Getting off my liquid lipstick train and hopping onto the eyeshadow pencil express, I've been collecting and trying a bunch of them lately. I've done reviews and comparisons on the ones from Milani, NYX, and Tarte but my collection has grown again. Tati from glamlifeguru actually alerted me to the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow Crayons and she did not steer me wrong. I picked up two shades that I would get the most use out of, Enduring Rose and Forever Taupe. 

{THE BREAKDOWN}

When it comes to eyeshadow sticks, the ease of application draws me in. I love my powder eyeshadows and palettes but I have to use a brush with them and cleaning my brushes is my least favorite makeup ritual. L'Oreal hit it out of the park with these. They glide on my lids without tugging or pulling yet manage to be pigmented and opaque in a couple of passes. Since they are so creamy, blending them out is no trouble at all. One issue I have with my Tarte shadow pencils is that while they don't take a long time to set, I have to tug on my lids a tiny bit when blending since the formula isn't as creamy as the L'Oreal's. While they claim to last up to 24 hours with no smudging, I found that they fell a little flat here. I have hooded eyelids so the top fold rubs the bottom portion. If I don't give it proper time to set, these will start creasing and rubbing off. They do take a little longer than other eyeshadow pencils to set and impatient me usually takes a matching powder eyeshadow over the top to give it that extra boost. I wore this for about 6 hours and they looked great by the end of it--crease-free and vibrant. FYI: I wore these without primer and had great results so maybe eye primer would help with the whole creasing situation.

I was able to get a thin line for my eyeliner but I haven't worn them in my waterline or tightline. Since Forever Taupe has miniscule silver sparkle in it, I don't think it's safe for the waterline. The greyness is refreshing because there aren't many taupes like this in the drugstore. It reminds me of the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette's silvery gray shade but it has less silver sparkle. Enduring Rose has a metallic finish that resembles the Milani Shadow Eyez in Champagne Toast but is lighter. These crayons come in 8 jewel tone shades. They aren't twist-up but it makes them more sanitary since you have to sharpen them, revealing new product every time (make sure you sanitize your sharpeners though!). Mine got a little messy on the sides because I layer them down on their side instead of using the tip. I like to do that so the tip doesn't get dull and harder to line with.

{THE SWATCH}

 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayon enduring rose forever taupe review swatches
One layer, full color (left) and blended (right)

(THE LOOK)

 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayon enduring rose forever taupe review swatches
LID // Enduring Rose
LINER // Forever Taupe
MASCARA // Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara
BLUSH // Bourjois Cream Blush in 04 Sweet Cherry
LIPS // Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Nude-ist

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

I highly recommend these! It's getting easier to find eyeshadow pencils at the drugstore but ones that aren't a pain to blend yet last a long time--best of both worlds! It may be too creamy for some and I wonder how they'll wear in the summer when it's hot and I get super oily but for now, I'm enjoying them. They're out of stock everywhere online it seems but I got mine in store at Walgreens. They retail at $7.99usd for 2.8g/0.10oz ($79.99usd per oz). Even though that's a bit pricey considering it's a drugstore item, you can find them on sale often and it's still more affordable than high end options like Tarte. 

{WHERE TO BUY}


Will you be giving these a test run? 
What other shadow pencils have y'all tried?

XOXO,
MWAH ♥





No comments