Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | The Face Shop Seed Fermentation Cleansing Foam

REVIEW | The Face Shop Seed Fermentation Cleansing Foam

I've been trying to use up all of my samples because it is going crazy! I order a lot of stuff online so they just add up. Today, I have the Face Shop Seed Fermentation Cleansing Foam.

It was really hard finding what it was called! The name was misleading as it says. "Cleansing Foam Mousse", which is not its actual name -.- Enough with the blabbing, the Face Shop Seed Fermentation Cleansing Foam is a cleanser that lathers up to remove impurities to create resilient and moisturized skin. When it said "foaming cleanser", I sort of expected foamy, soap bubbles. When I lather it up, it becomes a thicker white texture. The consistency is pretty thick compared to what cleansers I'm used to, sort of like a cream.

You dispense a teeny bit, like the size of an eraser from the top of a wooden pencil (half a pea size) into your palm, add a bit of water, lather up and apply the mixture to your face, massaging gently.  

Likes: 


It does a really good job cleaning my face. Whenever I use the Etude House AC Clinic Pink Spot the night before, I use this cleanser to remove it. Not that the Pink Spot is particularly hard to get rid of, simple wiping won't get all of it off and if you have an active breakout underneath, aggravating the delicate situation underneath might not be the best option. It really gives me that cleansed feeling without drying my winter skin out. You don't need a lot of product to cleanse. Like I mentioned before, you only need like half a pea size so the 150 ml will last a long time.

Dislikes: 


There is a citrus-y scent that I find is common in a lot of Korean cosmetics. I wonder if they all get the citrus scent from the same place? ≧☉_☉≦ It isn't unpleasant but I prefer my skincare products unscented. The texture of this cleanser is similar to the Tony Moly AC Control Acne Cleansing Foam, which I don't really like. It feels pretty soapy but it doesn't dry out my skin. It does remove the oil from my face and keep it naturally matte for a couple of hours. I couldn't find the full ingredients list but there are some ingredients that bother me, such as lavender oil and mistletoe leaf extract. There is an increase in awareness that lavender oil and some other fragrant plant oils are irritants to your skin. You don't have it on your face for very long since this is a cleanser you wash off but eliminating as many irritants as possible from your skin will make it a lot happier. They are great for making your home smell nice but not on your face. I've heard that some mistletoe species is very toxic so I'd try to avoid it as much as possible. 

Bottom Line: 


I don't think I would purchase the full size. It is pretty cheap and you don't need a lot of it to cleanse your face. However, some of the ingredients in this product makes me iffy using it. If you would still like try it out, I found it on Koredepart.

MWAH Musings ♥

  • Have my bio practical in two weeks--eek!
  • My essay is due tomorrow and I haven't started #3dayweekendfail #procrastinationsucks
  • Made a really yummy pasta with sautéed mushrooms, red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers, chicken, and onion with parsley, garlic, and cayenne pepper to taste...but I forgot to take a picture T_____T
So that's it for this post! I hope you find this post helpful! Let me know what cleansers you like, especially if you have oily/combination skin. :)

XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments