Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FOTD | "Sweet on You": Valentine's Day Edition



Too Faced Chocolate Bar makeup look, Valentine's Day makeup
History repeats itself on my blog as last year's Valentine's Day look was also late. However, I decided to go ahead and call it this anyway even though Valentine's Day has come and gone. The important part is the makeup, not so much the holiday itself, amirite? I love applying my makeup and such more than going to the actual event so consider this my playground results! I've heard tons of good things about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette so I decided to grab and test it for myself. I'm still in my honeymoon (testing) phase with this so I'll share my thoughts soon! I decided to use products whose names reminded me of love and romance in honor of Valentine's Day. Anyway, on with the look~


For my face, I applied the Benefit POREfessional Primer to fill in pores for a smooth canvas. Foundation was a 1:1 ratio of L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in W3 Nude Beige and Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in #23. I then moved in with the BareMinerals Ready Blush in The One (satin pink) and the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer for contour. The day was quite warm so I applied the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact (translucent powder) to set my foundation for good measure.

On the eyes, spotlight was all on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I applied Milk Chocolate (neutral-toned light brown matte) in my inner corners and outer corners to begin my contoured eye look, leaving the center bare. To deepen the eye contour, I applied Semi-Sweet (neutral-toned dark brown matte) in the same areas I applied Milk Chocolate in a more concentrated area. For the center, I applied Strawberry Bon Bon (carnation pink matte), blurring the edges into the other colors. I then applied Cherry Cordial (maroon matte with subtle sparkle) in the outer corners to deepen the look. Also, I applied Cherry Cordial to my inner lower lashline and outer lower lash line, avoiding the center. To add a bit of sparkle, I patted Champagne Truffle (shimmery pink with golden sheen) in the center of my lid above my iris and the center of my lower lash line. After giving my lashes a good curl with the e.l.f. Eyelash Curler, I applied one coat of Heroine Make's Long & Curl Mascara.
Too Faced Chocolate Bar makeup look, Valentine's Day makeup
From left to right: Champagne Truffle, Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon and Cherry Cordial
I kept it simple on the lips. After neutralizing my natural lip color with leftover foundation, I applied a layer of the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Blushing Bride (mauve pink). To lock in my hard work, I sprayed 4 spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray.
Too Faced Chocolate Bar makeup look, Valentine's Day makeup
And that's a wrap! I rarely stray far from "light lid--mid-toned crease--dark outer corner" format so this new color placement was a step out of my comfort zone. When I was applying the colors, I was actually in distress but the addition of the shimmery Champagne Truffle really pulled the otherwise entirely matte look together--never underestimate the power of a well-placed sparkle! I disliked the lipgloss at first since it didn't really show up on my lips but after neutralizing them, I got a really soft pink--my kind of nude. My eyebrows are a bit wonky but I'm getting them done tomorrow before Lunar New Year. So excited to be going home to celebrate!

How adventurous are you with your makeup?
 Tell me all about your makeup escapades!

XOXO,

MWAH ♥



No comments