Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING | January 2015 Ipsy Bag

UNBOXING | January 2015 Ipsy Bag review, ipsy bag january 2015 review, velvet 59 gloss noisette swatches, pacifica beauty natural eyeshadow in ethereal swatches,hey honey take it off! Exfoliating Peel Off mask review eco beauty good day moisturizer review
This is the last one I'll be posting as I need to cut back on beauty spending...trying to be a responsible adult >.< Anyhoo, the long and short of it is that you get 4-5 products every month. A whole week has gone by with no post so I'm glad to be posting this finally :D Let's get into it!

THE BREAKDOWN

Eco-Beauty Good Day, Day Moisturizer -- $13.99usd for 0.5oz/15g OR $40usd for 1.7oz/50g
The packaging reminds me of the squeezy juice packs but it's definitely functional. Formula is lightweight but I felt like it didn't keep my skin hydrated throughout the night as I woke up with dry flakes in my drier areas. I did use the Hey Honey Mask beforehand so that dried out my skin a bit. Scent isn't the most pleasant but this moisturizer packs some good ingredients: aloe, cucumber, vitamin C & E, antioxidant panthenol, and hyaluronic acid along with a few others. For something that contains gingko biloba leaf, it doesn't smell horribly--brings me back to my introductory biology course *shudders*

Velvet 59 Gloss in Noisette -- $19usd for 0.35 fl oz/10ml; comes in 5 shades
I'm not much of a gloss fan so this was already an uphill battle for this unfortunate lip gloss. Packaging looks sleek--I prefer square tubes like this as it doesn't roll around as I'm trying to photograph it and it stores easier.The brush applicator isn't the best as I found it too small for my lips. I had to dip into the gloss twice to get enough product. IT felt sticky on my lips and did the weird stringy stuff when I pressed my lips together. The color is a brownish peach--not my type of color but I was willing to work with it. Where things go downhill is that it's not pigmented and makes my lips have this milky quality that I dislike. Scent is not pleasant but it doesn't stick around. Things get worse as I found it leaking out of the tube. Needless to say, this is going in the trash for me.

I've tried a nail polish from them before that I quite liked but this eyeshadow didn't quite do it for me. I'm a fan of soft, buttery, pigmented shadows and this was neither of those. The texture is quite hard so it was hard to pick up any pigment with my brush--I had to get my fingers in there and even then, barely anything came off. Aptly named, it does give a barely-there, angelic look to the eyes. Surprisingly, others on the Ipsy page seemed to like theirs so I wonder if I got a bad one or if they samples the other shade, Treasure. This particular shade doesn't seem to be sold separately or in any of the kits but Treasure is sold in the Solar Complete Color Mineral Palette. Pacifica Beauty is a 100% vegan and cruelty-free brand so that's a definite plus.

Honey is one of my favorite scents. It's rumored to be good for acne-prone skin due to its antimicrobial properties but I haven't tested that claim myself or looked into scientific proof so don't quote me! This mask didn't smell like honey but the scent is a fresh, pleasant one. It's a thick, clear gel texture that wasn't too difficult to rub all over.  I used a thin layer all over, about a fourth of the sample tube. It takes a while (10-15 minutes) to dry. My face felt tight and when I touched my face, I could tell the mask was done. I started rubbing near my chin to lift the mask, proceeding to rub and roll upwards. I didn't see any gunk in the mask, which is good (I guess) but I don't think this can lift blackheads and the like out of my pores anyway. My skin did feel softer afterwards but very tight and dry. A bit gimmicky in my opinion but good for scaring your roommates!

Coastal Scents Liquid Liner in Stone -- $2.95usd for 6ml/0.203 fl oz; comes in 5 shades
Didn't trial this as I don't use liquid liner regularly. The wand seems very ergonomical and the photos of the tip seem like it would be a good one for beginners. It's fairly affordable so that's another bonus.

THE SWATCH

ipsy bag january 2015 review, velvet 59 gloss noisette, pacifica beauty natural eyeshadow in ethereal

hey honey take it off! Exfoliating Peel Off mask review
reminds me of a molting snake...

THE LOOK

ipsy bag january 2015 review, velvet 59 gloss noisette swatches, pacifica beauty natural eyeshadow in ethereal swatches

THE BOTTOM LINE

This is the most disappointing Ipsy Bag I've received and I'm sad to end off on a bad note. However, the bag this month is my favorite out off all the ones I've gotten. There's just something very appealing about cobalt blue and coral... Anyhoo, if you were interested in getting a bag of your own every month, you may use my referral link^ :D


Do you subscribe to Ipsy? 
What other subscription boxes do you use (if any)?

XOXO, MWAH ♥


No comments