Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FAVORITES | February 2015 ♥

nars satin lip pencil rikugien review, heroine make long and curl mascara review, the body shop body butter mountain atlas rose review, bite beauty rhubarb high pigment pencil review, makeup review, february 2015 favorites
Wahhh can't believe it's the end of February already! I know it's a shorter month than usual but those 2-3 days seem to make a huge difference. February was quite an eventful month for me so my makeup life suffered a bit. Haven't posted a Favorites in months so I'm glad to share some items I've been loving. I've finally found a body butter that I love so let's get on with it.



NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien -- $26usd for 0.07oz ($371.43usd per oz)
Makeup on my face has been scarce this month. 9am classes do not agree with me and my night owl tendencies. If I can remember, lips is something I go for because it brightens and enlivens my face immediately. The rosy pink color is a great pick for me because it's a more pigmented version of my lips. Adding this to my morning routine takes an extra 10 seconds but doesn't look out of place on an otherwise bare face. If I wasn't using this, I used a ton of the next item!

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb -- $24usd for 0.09oz ($266.67usd per oz)
The teeny size is adorable and portable! This came in a set of 4 minis sometime during the holidays so I immediately picked this up. Rhubarb is my most used shade because it's so close to my natural lip color but slightly darker. It's a creamy matte finish that doesn't dry out my lips. Staying power is decent for something that doesn't claim to be long wearing. After eating, I still have most of my color on the lips, wearing out mostly in the very center. Highly recommend!

Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara -- $13.39usd for 6g/0.21oz (63.76usd per oz)
Seriously, this shot up to my top 3 favorite mascaras after a few uses. When I'm shopping for mascara, length and staying power are the most important to me and this mascara delivers on both fronts! I've tried many, many mascaras but the length this gives me is unrivaled thanks to the fibers in this formula. It is the only mascara that holds a curl from day to night with no touch ups required. I don't get clumpy lashes or volume but that's fine with me. While not completely smudge-proof, it's quite minimal that I can forgive that. Seriously, Japanese mascaras are the way to go if you have short, hard to curl, and/or sparse lashes!

The Body Shop Body Butter in Atlas Mountain Rose -- $20usd for 6.7oz ($2.99usd per oz) but on sale for $10usd right now!
I have perpetually dry skin on my body. Finding something with the right balance of hydration without the heaviness is a struggle for me. I've tried body butters from Boots and Bath & Body Works but it's too heavy and sticky feeling for me. Using regular ol' lotion is just not enough and I have to reapply multiple times throughout the day. Long story short, the Body Shop Body Butters smell great, give enough hydration but doesn't feel sticky or heavy. As I continue to rub it in, it feels like it's melting into my skin seamlessly. The rose scent isn't sickly sweet but smells like a real rose. It lingers on my skin for at least 4 hours so I don't need to spray fragrance after my shower. I also love how the scent spreads around the room for a few minutes before dissipating. Seriously, give these a try if you suffer from dry skin. Not sure how it'll work for those with eczema but if you have scaly, itchy skin, this will work :D

So this concludes my February Favorites! Sad to see February go as it means March is coming--midterms and projects galore!--but at least Spring Break will provide me some time to recuperate. Blog posts might be sporadic from this point on but as April rolls around, I should get back to a more regular posting schedule. I don't say this enough but I'm glad for all the lovely readers who take time out of their busy schedule to read the ramblings of  little, ol' me and leaving comments--seriously makes my day when I see another comment on my posts <3 p="">

What are some of your favorites from the month? 
Sound off in the comments below!
P.S. This marks my 200th post--going to host a giveaway 
to commemorate the day 
so look out for the photo on my social media :D

XOXO,
MWAH ♥



6 comments

  1. I don't think 9 AM classes agree with anyone LOL I definitely wouldn't have the time to put on makeup if I had a lot of those, either!


    I personally don't think I can pull either of those lip shades off (my lips have a tendency of eating a lot of color), but I'm sure they are great everyday shades for some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand how I could wake up at 6AM every day in high school and feel fine but cannot wake up on time for my 9AM class, lol.


    These colors aren't for everyone but you pull off orange so well! Your post on orange lips gave me courage to try some new oranges after avoiding them for so long. The sheer Givenchy is on my to-try list <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how there's so much pink! I have rhubarb at home too, I got the bite beauty set last year? Best deal ever! I haven't smelled The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose before :O Must be amaaazin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bite Rhubarb! Girl, it's been on my wish list for the longest time! Maybe I should just buy it and get it over with. LOL It's nice to hear that you like the NARS Rikugien - it's a little too sheer for me and the color is so close to my lips that I don't look like I'm wearing anything. But maybe that's the whole purpose of it — an easy everyday color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I didn't realize how much pink is in this photo. Must be because it's the month of love xD And the set was definitely a good deal, so glad I was able to catch it...but now I want to try ALL the colors now >.< The scent is pleasing if you like rosewater :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you should! Not only is the color pretty, it never chaps my lips :D Rikugien doesn't look sheer on me but my lips aren't super pigmented. I love it because my lips are so pale and brownish in the mornings so it revives me xD

    ReplyDelete