Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FOTD | Current Foundation Routine

current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light, tarte maracuja creaseless concealer in light medium, bareminerals ready bronzer in skinny dip, revlon lip butter in sweet tart
I'm a creature of habit so when I find something that works for me, I stick with it. Also, finding a great color match makes it difficult for me to use just one product for foundation. Since discovering this gem, I have finally found a cruelty-free option that I can sing the praises from the rooftops! I don't like to jump on trendy products as much as I used to, so it's taken me a long time to finally give the itCosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream a try. And my goodness, why was I ever so hesitant?? This is seriously HG material. But I'll save all the gushing for a later review; let's just get into my current foundation routine that I've been enjoying for the past 2 months.

Step 1: I apply my usual morning skincare. Right now, it's a healthy dollop of Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector over my post-acne hyperpigmentation marks and a pump of Hawaiian Tropics Silk Hydration Faces Lotion SPF 30. If my skin is feeling extra dry or looking flakey, I'll add a few drops of an ampoule or Josie Maran Argan Oil to smooth it over.

current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light
Step 2: Squeezing out an adequate amount of itCosmetics CC Cream, I dot it evenly all over my face, concentrating on any blemishes that need extra coverage. The amount varies from person to person, but for me, it's about the size of half a grape. Dotting it first allows me to see which areas need the most coverage and to gauge if I have enough product on my face.
current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light
Left: Bare face after sunscreen
Right: Feeling dotty!
Step 3: After blending in my foundation, I set to covering up my dark circles. I'm a bit weird about applying my base products over my eyes, preferring to use concealer instead. 

current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light, tarte cosmetics maracuja creaseless concealer in light medium

Step 4: Right now, I'm using the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light-Medium. It's slightly darker than my current skin tone so it covers up darkness well. As the summer progresses and my tan builds, it will be my perfect summer shade for all over the face. Again, I prefer the dotting method, spreading it evenly over my under eye area.
current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light
Left: Foundation all blended in!
Right: Dotting method for the win :)
Step 5: After blending it in with my finger, my skin is complete! For the finishing touches, I fill in my brows and add a lip color. Recently. I fell in love with shimmery bronzers. I haven't always been a fan but I love the slimming and health glow they add to my face. BareMinerals Ready Bronzer in Skinny Dip has been my go-to choice but I've discovered an even better (and affordable) option. I'm still testing it so I'll report back soon! I dust it all over the usual spots: forehead, tops of cheeks, nose and chin.

 I've been forgoing blush, highlighter and powder most days because I can't be bothered, haha. But of course, apply as wanted because it's your face--do as you like!
current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light
Left: Concealer blended in.
Right: Face completed with brows, bronzer and lips!
And here's a before and after. The tone of the photos are so off but you get the gist. Dark circles and blemishes are completely gone but it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, just the way I like. Since I wear makeup for 6 hours or less these days, I'll avoid powder and setting spray to let the natural radiance come through. But I will add powder if I'm going to have a long day or if I'll be spending the day outside.
current foundation routine using itcosmetics your skin but better cc cream spf 50+ in light
Before and After
And that's it! I'm loving a very minimal routine lately. I haven't been touching any eye makeup and love how quick I can get ready. Mascara was my life before but now, I feel weird with it on! In preparation for a new series (that I will finish), I've been forcing myself to apply eye makeup. So while this isn't my current foundation routine, this will be my go-to look when I'm short on time. 

What are you currently wearing on your face? 
Do you like to buy the newest and latest products or do you like to wait for a while?

XOXO,
Cindy ♥


No comments