Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

EOTD | Just Peachy Summertime Makeup 🍑

Hey, all! I didn't mean to be absent for a week but last weekend, I had a bad reaction to an insect bite. My left arm was basically a swollen lump and my joints were aching. It was totally weird...Since my arm hurt to move, long hours typing and editing were out of the question. The medication I was on totally knocked me out and I was tired all the time since I kept waking up from the intense itching. Moral of the story: don't ignore those bites! The sooner you get treatment, the better you'll heal.I'm feeling much better but the bite area is peeling...which is gross and totally not the point of this post, hehe. 

EOTD | Just Peachy Summer Makeup 🍑, nyx prismatic eyeshadow in golden peach, nyx avant pop eyeshadow palette in surreal my heart swatches
Summer is right around the corner and peach and coral totally get me in the mood for summer makeup! So, to bid adieu to spring and welcome summer, I have an easy tutorial rocking the peach and coral  look. I'm using drugstore eyeshadows and these don't irritate my eyes--yay! I'm still loving the NYX Avant Pop! Palette in Surreal My Heart. There are all the basic shades I need to create virtually any eye with some lovely blue and yellow pops. My only gripe is that the colors are much more vibrant and darker in real life than they are on the website. The light periwinkle blue turned out to be a bright cobalt; I'm not complaining because I love blue shadows but I wish the colors online were more true to life. But let's move onto the tutorial!

EYE MAKEUP


EOTD | Just Peachy Summer Makeup 🍑, nyx prismatic eyeshadow in golden peach, nyx avant pop eyeshadow palette in surreal my heart swatches
Step 1: After applying an eye primer, I applied a wash of the matte pale peach all over my lids.  

Step 2: For the crease, I went in with a light brown color for slight definition.

Step 3: Moving onto the fun part! Taking NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in Golden Peach, I applied it across my lids, overlapping the crease color slightly and going all the way into my inner corners.

Step 4: To lighten the inner corners, I applied Essence Mono Eyeshadow in Apricotta.

Step 5: I'm sorta liking the bold winged eyeliner again. So, I used Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper to create my line. 

Step 6: Add some finishing touches! For me, I decided to add a nude liner to my waterline to further brighten the eyes, a shimmery golden coral liner to my outer lash line and mascara on the top lashes.

Step 7: For the lips, I chose a bright coral. Using NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi, I applied a thin layer over my lips. This color clashes with my skin so a lighter application looks better. But it's practically neon and such a gorgeous summer color!

MAKEUP SWATCHES

EOTD | Just Peachy Summer Makeup 🍑, nyx prismatic eyeshadow in golden peach, nyx avant pop eyeshadow palette in surreal my heart swatches
Here are swatches of everything used so y'all can color match at home! Looking at this photo makes me so happy, hehe. All the gorgeous peachy colors...🍑 I know Too Faced released the Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette and many people missed out on it--including me☹️ But these NYX shadows give off a similar vibe and are permanent so head on over to your local ULTA and grab them for summer.

XOXO,


Cindy ♥

Who's excited for summer? 
This Sunday and Monday are going to be up in the 100s....
stay indoors and hydrated, y'all!

No comments