Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

DESTASHING PROJECT | Going Cruelty Free: Eye Edition Pt. 2

This is part 2 of my Eye Makeup De-stashing Project! If you haven't checked out part 1 of the De-Stashing Project: Eye Edition, head on over there to find out what eyeshadows are staying and which are going onto greener pastures.

So without further ado, here is me trying to decide what to keep and what to let go...harder than it looks :(


  •  Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer -- I've tried a sample of this in the past and liked it enough to buy the full size. Since then, I've maybe used it once or twice. It helps eyeshadow and concealer to stay put throughout the day. 
  • Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer -- Never been used so I can't comment. 
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer -- I used this once and liked it. The tinted primer covers veining and brightens my lid on my skin tone. It's not too slippery and once sets, it grips shadow well.

Start: 3 // Pass: 2 // Keep: 1

So many eyeliners so I'll just group them by brand instead of individual liners...
  • Benefit: Didn't like the They're Real! Gel Liner Pen. Neat concept but the product was too thick and crumbly. Difficult for me to create an even line. Eye Bright scared me with the pale pink hue but was really brightening. The no.2 pencil smell brings me back to elementary school testing days. Too large to fit a regular sharpener so you need a jumbo sharpener. Nothing wrong with it but I have two other nude-ish liners I have to get through and since I used this once, might as well let it go. Gimme Brow has a steep learning curve (I find that the case with a lot of Benefit products...am I just slow?). Once you get the hang of it, brows are nicely filled in but don't expect definition or anything. Gives a fuzzy, soft brow look that I prefer. Instagram sharp brows are gorgeous but look funny on my face in real life. 
  • Lancome: Artliner is a cult-favorite of many so excited to give it a try. Didn't think the Kohl in Love Liner in Blackest Black would be any good but despite it being a kohl, lasts just as well as my beloved MUFE pencil. Not sure if it was limited edition because I can't find it anymore. 
  • MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner: Stiffer liner but really long lasting. Only one that lasts in my waterline. Shimmer, metallic and matte finishes perform superbly. Nothing to complain about other than them not being non-CF.
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner: Retractable so no need for sharpening. Love that the packaging matches the liner color. Pigmented and glide on easily. Not CF so will not be getting more.
  • Rimmel Kajal Liner in Nude: An affordable alternative to Tarte and Stila. Tip is firm but not stiff. Doesn't stay that well in my waterline but is easy enough to reapply without clumping.
  • Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Navy: Had a moment where I was obsessed with navy liners. Bought several but this is the only one to last this long. Not even sure if it's still creamy enough to be used...
  • Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Bark: Never used as I already have a dark brown chunky pencil.
  • Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx: Claims to be waterproof but as I have more black liners than eyeballs, never used it.

Start: 20 // Pass: 12 // Keep: 8

  • Stila Smudge Crayons (review) -- I got this in a set of three and sadly, they got lost in the shuffle. Smoke (Taupe) and Umber were my favorites but sadly, Umber dried out so I got rid of it. The black one is great for smudging out for a smokey eye.
  • MUFE Aqua Shadow (swatches) + Aqua Matic Eyeshadow  -- The Aqua Shadows are really hard to blend out. They tug and pull on my lids, especially the matte navy blue. I think they've been discontinued but I'm not bummed by that at all. I had better luck with the Aqua Matic eyeshadow pencil. ME-54 is a metallic pinky beige. It's much creamier but isn't opaque. I like to wear it as a glittery liner on my lower lashlines like K-pop stars.
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks (review) -- These are some of my favorite eyeshadow sticks! They're creamy and glide on the eyes like butter. While they aren't budge-proof, topping them with some eyeshadow helps them last longer.
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Crayon (review) -- Ever since reviewing them, I haven't used them. While they aren't infallible, they do last a lot longer than other eyeshadow sticks. And, the colors are gorgeous!
Start: 9 // Pass: 5 // Keep: 4

Oh gosh, and now we come to the mascaras...home stretch is in sight! A lot of these have not been opened so I won't be able to say much. But Google is your best friend when it comes to reviews. ;)

  • Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara -- Planning to write a review on it so won't spoil too much. Will say that I like it for a certain purpose...and it ain't for a smokey eye.
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (x3) -- Definitely delivers the drama to my short and sparse lashes. Not sure if it's HG material just yet.
  • Lancome CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base (x3) -- Didn't really notice a difference in my lashes. Made the mascara I applied on top clumpy. Maybe I need to go easy on this, haha.
  • Tarte Eyes, Lashes, Camera Mascara (unboxing) -- I have several full size back ups of these from different Tarte sets so I'm letting go of the sample sizes. Gives my lashes lots of volume and separation, which helps them look visible without the use of a microscope. Not too much length but if I give my lashes a good curl beforehand, you can see them above my liner. 
  • Not used:
    • D&G Passioneyes Mascara
    • Givenchy Noir Couture Cine Mascara
    • YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils  Mascara 
    • Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara (x2)
    • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
    • Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
    • BadGal Lash Mascara
Start: 18 // Pass: 11 // Keep: 7

Starting off with 50 items, I'm parting ways with 30. I did so much better with these items compared the first round, haha. Now that I've finished with the eye collection, I'm moving onto face next! Tune in next week for the face edition. I haven't tallied it yet but fingers crossed I get rid of a lot of stuff...

Have you done an evaluation of your makeup stash? 
Did you find it daunting like I have?


XOXO,
Cindy ♥

No comments