Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection

FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection

I'm a sucker for limited edition products, especially ones that I currently love from the permanent collection. I've even used up a full Baby Lips, which speaks volumes about how much I like this product. At first, I wasn't going to pick these babies up but the cute packaging and LE status called to me. CVS had a buy $10 USD worth of Maybelline products, get $3 USD off of a future purchase (which I used to buy the L'Oreal Collection Privee lipsticks ≧◔◡◔≦)
--AT A GLANCE--
The Baby Lips promise to moisturize for 8 hours and improve your lip's condition within a week. The Pink'ed Collection comes in 5 shades of pink--perfect for the pink lovers everywhere (that this is available). I have 4 out of the five; my store had run out of the Very Berry shade, which is not a color I would wear day to day anyway.

I found mine for $4.49 USD at CVS. You get 0.15 oz of product ($29.93 USD for 1 oz). 

--INGREDIENTS--
FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection

--THE BREAKDOWN--
FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection
Blush Burst is a light baby pink that shows up,or rather, doesn't show up on my pigmented lips. It's pretty much clear on me. Didn't bother to do a swatch as it doesn't have much pigment.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection
Pop of Pink is a cool toned pink. I imagine this is a color that Nicki Minaj would approve of. The left swatch was just one swipe and the right swatch on my arm was done with 5 swipes for full color. You can't really see from this picture but it is much more cool toned on my lips (I think I didn't apply as much because I didn't want to look weird). 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection

Mad for Magenta is a sheer Barbie pink shade. It doesn't really show up on my pigmented lips. The swatch on the left was done with 5 swipes and the one on the right was done with just one.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection
Rose Rush is a French pink shade. The left swatch is one swipe while the right was done with 5 swipes.

--THE GOOD--
I quite like the moisturizing formula. I get dry and chapped lips easily and prefer a moisturizing lip product for no-fuss days and the day after I wear a matte lip which can beat up my lips pretty badly. I don't think the balm or color lasts for 8 hours (more like 3 hours or less if I eat) but my lips don't get chapped right away, unlike when I don't have anything on my lips. I dislike the tackiness of most lip glosses and how my hair sticks to it like crazy--drives me crazy--but this is a nice alternative that gives me hydration with the tackiness.

The packaging is quite standard Baby Lips, but the pops of color against the pink casing is quite nice. The colorful packaging fits right in with Spring and helps me distinguish among all the Baby Lips I have (now up to 7-after finishing 1, giving 1 away, losing one but repurchasing it anyway-and counting!). 

The smell of these are similar to the Electro versions--fruity and tart, like Sweet Tarts. It doesn't last for long and isn't overpowering.

Rose Rush and Pop of Pink have decent pigmentation for a lip balm. The other two (Blush Burst and Mad for Magenta) pretty much don't show up on me.

--THE BAD--
I'm pretty sure it's clear from the swatches but these aren't very pigmented at all. I haven't tried many from the original line (other than Quenched, which is clear, and Peach Kiss) but Pink Punch and the ones from the Electro line are quite pigmented. From swatches I see online, Cherry Me and Grape Vine are also pigmented. This was disappointing at first but since my matte lipsticks make my lips dry sometimes, this would be great to layer on top. If you plan on wearing these alone, they might not show up on pigmented lips unless you want a really sheer look.
--THE BOTTOM LINE--
I don't know if you need to rush out and get these and this is coming from a fan. The colors don't really show up unless you layer it multiple times. A clear lip balm pretty much functions the same way that these do for much less in some cases. 

If you were to grab any of these, I'd get Rose Rush, which is like a less pigmented version of Strike a Rose from the permanent Electro line. Pop of Pink reminds me of Pink Punch but just less pigmented. It's not a color I wear often so this might be in a future De-Stashing Project. Very Berry, which I didn't get, is quite similar to Pink Shock as can be seen in a Project Swatch post, so I'm okay with not getting it. 
FIRST IMPRESSIONS |  Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection
The Electro Lips are done in one swipe while the Pink'd Lips were done in 5-10 swipes
Let me know if you grabbed any from this collection! Do you like the Maybelline Baby Lips? Personally, I really like them but I felt underwhelmed with the Pink'ed Collection. Doesn't mean that I didn't like them but I wish to see more pigment in these so that I can go without makeup but feel like my complexion is bright and healthy with rosy lips.

MWAH Musings ♥

  • Had sushi for dinner today--two days in a row! Really need to slow down as I might gain weight from all the sushi >.<
  • Scheduled my appointment for my MRI today...kind of nervous but it must be done.
  • I'll be going home in a couple of days! So excited to see everyone and eat xD


XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments