Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

HAUL | Korean Summer Haul

korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow review and swatches
Summer is almost over here in the Northern Hemisphere but California still hasn't gotten that memo. Here in SoCal, temperatures went up to 102 °F/39 °C! After I misplaced my ultimate fave eyebrow pencil from Etude House and two failed attempts to find a suitable replacement, I went back to testerkorea and naturally, picked up just more than an eyebrow pencil. I even forgot to grab my Etude House one... T_T

korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow , holika holika wonder drawing 24hr brow in #02 dark brown review and swatches
First up, these Innisfree Auto Pencil Liners (review) are part of the summer 2015 limited edition collection. I have several of their regular liners and for these are some of the longest lasting liners I've ever used! They're super affordable at 4,080krw ($3.42usd) so I picked up the more interesting shades. The other two are your standard dark brown and ashy brown but in the special packaging. I've been enjoying them as accent colors because I can't be bothered to fuss with eyeshadows in this heat. BUY || testerkorea | koreadepart

The eyebrow pencil I did pick up is the Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 23hr Auto Eyebrow in #2 Dark Brown. I like how sturdy it feels and the caps are secure. It's a twist-up pencil so no need for a sharpener. The tip is squared off and feels stiff--no sharpie brows here! The spoolie end is soft and softens harsh lines nicely. My only gripe is that the color is too red for my dark brown hair. I'm still going to use it up but will probably pair it with my Benefit Gimme Brows to color correct the tone. There's 4 colors available but at 3,120krw ($2.51usd), I'm not complaining. BUY || beautynetkorea | koreadepart | testerkorea
korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow , holika holika wonder drawing 24hr brow in #02 dark brown review and swatches
I love me my liquid eyeshadows so I had to get some more. The Innisfree Glow Liquid Shadow come in 5 colors and cost 7,650krw ($6.40usd) so it's on par with American drugstore options I've previously reviewed. I'm a sucker for beige champagne shadows and decided to be experimental and grab the khaki green, 01 and 04 respectively. These are on the sheer side and remind me of the Boots Stay Perfect Smoothing Eye Shadow (review). With a little layering and additional shadow, I can get through an entire day without creasing. 01 doubles as a highlighter, so I'm not put off by this formula. I might go back and grab 03, a dark, cerulean blue just because I don't have anything like it in my collection.  BUY || koreadepart | testerkorea
korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow , holika holika wonder drawing 24hr brow in #02 dark brown review and swatches
Moving onto bb cushions! My first foray into them was with the Face Shop Face It CC Aura Cream (review) and while it was convenient and quick to use, the color was way too light and it didn't wear well throughout the day. I was a bit hesitant to try the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion due to polarizing reviews but the cute packaging got to me. At 17,000krw ($14.23usd), these aren't exactly cheap since they don't contain much product nor come with a refill. I haven't tried this one yet but I will let y'all know when I do! This is one of their regular formulas but the compact is a limited edition design. I have mine in #23, which is the darkest shade they carry and it's still too light on my light-medium (with a tan, now) skintone. 
I also picked up the Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion in #23. I have been using it quite frequently and featured it in my June & July Beauty Review. I like it enough on a good skin day but if my skin is spotty or feeling dry, this doesn't do much to cover or alleviate the dryness, despite the "ampoule intense" name. I'm going to keep using it and then reuse it to make my own! BUY || testerkorea
korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow , holika holika wonder drawing 24hr brow in #02 dark brown review and swatches
I'm on a highlighter kick lately and so I picked up this Etude House Face Designing Brightener in Pinkbeam Face. There's 3 colors, a light champagne and a bronze shade. It's quite glittery in the pan but comes off softer on the skin. I've only used it once so far so no definitive thoughts yet but the design was too pretty to pass up! This highlighter costs 8,800 krw ($7.37usd). BUY || testerkorea
korean summer haul, skinfood skincare, innisfree auto pencil liner summer 2015 limited edition, innisfree ampoule intense cushion #23, innisfree water glow cushion in #23, etude house face design brightener in pinkbeam face, innisfree glow liquid shadow , holika holika wonder drawing 24hr brow in #02 dark brown review and swatches
Last thing I bought was the Skinfood Silicone Cleansing Pad. This little guy is great, multipurpose addition to every skincare routine! I use it with my cleanser for a light exfoliation, with my cleansing oil to improve makeup removal, and with my clay mask for effortless removal. For only 2,500krw ($2.09usd), you can't go wrong! 
BUY || testerkorea

The 4-piece skincare kit was part of a promotion at the time. I haven't tried anything from it yet as I'm in love with my current routine and feel no desire to switch it up anytime soon. When I do get around to trying these out, expect a review!

And that's all for this round! I have another haul coming your way soon but am waiting on a few items to arrive. I will be reviewing and including swatches for the Innisfree Eyeliners within the week--I just need to take better pictures since the batch I took came out blurry. As for the cushions, expect reviews during the next few months when my tan fades as my review will be much fairer then. Until the next time!

Let me know what y'all have hauled recently!

XOXO,
MWAH ♥

No comments