Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

It's been scorching hot in California these past few weeks. Major adjustments were needed to keep me looking perky and fresh. Ditching my liquid foundation and cream products, I went straight for powder products for a long lasting finish that didn't melt off as soon as I stepped out of the refreshing blast of air conditioner. So if you have oily skin or live in a hot climate, I hope that this will help you stay looking put together all day long without the need for heavy duty cleansers at the end of the day!

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

PREP





First things first, the prep. I went in with a moisturizer with SPF 30 to keep my face hydrated and protected from the sun's harsh rays. After giving the moisturizer a few minutes to settle in, I applied a pea-sized amount of Lorac's POREfection Mattifying Face Primer**. This ensures that any oil I produce will take longer to surface.

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

COVERAGE

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine



To get better coverage, I applied concealer where needed. For me, that includes my under eyes, around my nose and any lingering post-acne hyperpigmentation marks. My favorite multi-tasking concealer is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer*. I wear shade Sand, which adds the right amount of brightness without looking ashy or obvious.

 After blending that in with a sponge, I quickly apply a powder foundation. My go-to is the BareMinerals Matte Foundation. It offers sheer to light coverage, which is perfect for everyday. Powder foundations tend to wear best on me during hot and sweaty conditions. This one also contains SPF 15 but as always, don't rely on makeup for your primary SPF protection.
FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

RADIANCE



To bring life to my face, I like to apply blush. As I mentioned before, Becca blushes are my favorite in terms of color selection, overall look, ease of application and longevity. I've found another favorite and it's the Cargo Cosmetics Swimmables Water Resistant Blush in Bali. It's the perfect 
shade of pink for my skin tone. It's quite pigmented so a light touch is needed.

For a little radiance, I'll go in with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. It's a soft champagne gold that can be intense if layered too much. I use about 3 light taps for each cheekbone and that adds just enough glow without being glittery.

EYE PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT BUDGE

FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine

If I'm going to be wearing eyeshadow, my all-time favorite primer is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Anything I put over top of this is ensured to last all day without fading or creasing, no matter how hot the day is. A pinhead-sized amount is enough for both eyes. I'll go over it with a matte skin-toned shadow to set the primer and make it easier to blend over top.

Most mascaras smudge on me. But with the NYX Proof it! Mascara Top Coat, I can turn any regular mascara into waterproof mascara! It's been a bit tricky to figure out the idea method of application but now I can rest assured that my lashes will stay curled and pretty until I take it off at night.

While I'm not a total fan of brow gel, the Benefit Gimme Brow* gives me some hold and tint to my sparse brows. It's not goofproof and has a steep learning curve. The trick is to wipe off most of the product before you apply to the brows. It seems like a complete waste, which is why I wouldn't recommend it. But as I have already paid for it, I'm going to get my money's worth!


FINAL LOOK



FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine
FOTD | Makeup to Beat the Heat, long lasting makeup, summer makeup, makeup for hot weather. powder foundation routine






















And this is the final look! My skin wasn't doing so well when I was taking these photos, so I hope you'll overlook that. I hope you found this helpful. If you have any other tips, please share them with me below!


(*) denotes a brand that is not cruelty-free.
(**) denotes a brand whose cruelty-free status is unknown/unverified.

XOXO,

Cindy ♥



No comments