Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

EOTD | Pastel Spring Makeup - Diane Von Furstenberg Spring '16-Inspired

To get back into the swing of blogging, I've been putting together tons of makeup looks. Spring is almost over but I think with a bit of bronzer and coral blush/lips, it would be a great transition into a summer look. 
pastel blue mint makeup, diane von furstenberg spring 16 makeup inspired, nyx prismatic eyeshadows mermaid denim jeans
Products used in the look!
I've been a bit bored of natural eye makeup so I've been playing around with color. My favorite color is mint so I pulled together all my mint-colored items together and created this look inspired by Diane von Furstenberg's Spring '16 fashion show. Now I am no Pat McGrath so my recreation is a pale shadow compared to the real deal so here's a link to the actual look: DVF Spring 16 Makeup.

pastel blue mint makeup, diane von furstenberg spring 16 makeup inspired, nyx prismatic eyeshadows mermaid denim jeans
 For my base, I went for less-is-more approach to my skin. I used the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (unboxing) in Nude for a lighter base. I was breaking out quite badly so I did have to add a full-cover concealer over my spots. It was quite hot that day so I ended up looking glowier than I wanted so I added a light dusting of translucent powder.
pastel blue mint makeup, diane von furstenberg spring 16 makeup inspired, nyx prismatic eyeshadows mermaid denim jeans
 Now this is the fun part! After priming my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance:

1. I applied a skin-toned shadow to set it. From the NYX Avant Pop! Shadow Palette in Surreal My Heart, I used the bottom row, fourth from the left.

2. For the mint inner lid, I used the sparkly mint in the top left corner from the Body Shop Shimmer Cubes in Green Light. I think it's been discontinued but that's alright because I didn't get the payoff I wanted. I ended up covering it with the mint green shadow from the Surreal My Heart Palette, top row, third from the left.

3. For the outer half of my lid, I used the NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in Denim Jeans, a sparkly, cool-toned periwinkle. It looks darker in the pan but it looks lighter on my skin. For the outer edge, I applied it in an upward angle to lift the corners of my eyes.

4. I've covered the TBS shadow with the one from NYX and as you can see, it looks much, much better. I went back and forth between the mint and the periwinkle shadow, applying and blending until I got the pigmentation I wanted. Don't worry about harsh edges, just get the desired intensity. 

5. Now we blend! Looking back, I could've blended more but I still like the slightly editorial sharpness. I added a bit more the TBS mint shadow in the inner corner to brighten it up. Next, I added a mint liner from Stila in the waterline just because I couldn't get enough mint, haha.

6. Y'all might be wondering what happened to the mint waterline and I had to remove it because I tried to do some fancy lower lash line look but ended up getting rid of both. I add it back in later and also added a black liquid liner, winging it out to heighten the uplifted eye look. For the center of the lid, I used the NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in Mermaid. It has a slight duochrome look that I failed to capture in my photos...looked awesome when it hits the light!

7. I'm sorry for the blurry photos at the end but I just added mascara to complete the look!

Here are some swatches of the items I used so y'all can color match your own products. I almost never buy the actual products used in a look. Instead, I'll use whatever I have in my collection to achieve a similar look. For this one though, I did have to buy the mint and periwinkle shadows but I've been meaning to anyway.

pastel blue mint makeup, diane von furstenberg spring 16 makeup inspired, nyx prismatic eyeshadows

I was quite chuffed with this look! Though I probably won't wear it to work, I'd use these shadows as inner corner pops or center lid pops. If y'all recreate this look, please tag me in your photos! My instagram is @makeupwithaheart and twitter handle is @MakeupWithAHart

What's your favorite out-there spring makeup?
 Are you excited for summer??

XOXO,
Cindy ♥


No comments