Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BEAUTY REVIEW | May 2015 ♡

may monthly favorites, elf studio powder brush, elf studio complexion brush, macqueen dual veil concealer #21, aqua glycolic face cream, the body shop moringa hand cream, loreal color riche balm in heavenly berry, lumsing portable power bank review and swatches
This month was minimal makeup month so I don't have too many beauty favorites. I have a mish-mash of items that I'm going to share with y'all after the jump ;)


e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush -- $3usd
I'm not much of a rebel but when it comes to makeup, I'm a free thinker. This one says it's intended for powder but my favorite way to use it is for my liquid foundations. After seeing the ubiquitous Sigma F80  Flat Kabuki Brush in many a beauty tutorial, I decided that I wanted to use something similar--and I have never looked back. Before this brush came into my life almost two years ago, I was using bb cream and my fingers. This allowed me to see and appreciate the beauty of liquid foundations. I've washed it many, many times but it hasn't shed or lost its shape. The brush head has come apart once but after shoving it roughly back on the brush handle, it hasn't separated anymore. For a $3usd brush, that's a minor sin I'm willing to overlook. I bought a second one since I loved it so much but the brush handle is shorter and the bristles seem shorter. Luckily, performance hasn't dropped so I'm okay. Highly recommend!

e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush -- $3usd
This multi-purpose brush can be used with wet or dry products. Since the bristles are on the fluffy side, I use it with my pigmented blushes for a softly blushing look. It's the perfect size for my cheeks, placing product precisely and blending it out with ease. I think it would also work for a light dusting of powder or for an all-over bronze look. The price is unbeatable and after many a wash, no bristles have fallen out nor has the brush gotten rough. A great budget buy!

MacQueen Concealer Dual Veil -- $14usd for 8g/0.28oz ($50usd per oz)
I received this in the Cinderella MEMEBOX (unboxing). At first, I didn't get much use out of it since I was quite tanned. The consistency of the liquid is quite runny so it's thinner and doesn't offer much coverage. I pretty much use this only on natural makeup days or to brighten my under eyes. The stick side is my favorite, though. The chiseled tip allows me to outline my lip line for a cleaner look and get around my nose area. It works on both under eyes and face, a win-win product even if I only use half of it  regularly. 

L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in 318 Heavenly Berry -- $7.99usd for 0.10oz/2.9g ($79usd per oz)
After trying out Caring Coral, I fell in love with the formula. I'm not a fan of gloss but this adds a nice shine to my lips. I have three colors in total but this one is my favorite. The colors vary in terms of pigmentation. Since my lips  are on the pigmented side, the light berry tint adds just enough color without overwhelming my bare face. It claims to hydrate for 8 hours and an additional 2.5 hours after color has worn off, which I disagree with. If I'm not eating or drinking, I can feel the hydration for at least 4 hours and even then, that's a stretch. After eating or drinking, I definitely have to reapply. If my lips are already chapped, this doesn't completely restore them but it doesn't irritate or further dry out my lips. Love them but I go through them so quickly. :(

The Body Shop Hand Cream in Moringa (travel size) -- $8usd for 1 oz
I'm a huge proponent of hand creams because I was my hands constantly. This scent reminds me of jasmine green tea so yeah, definitely love at first sniff. Texture is an interesting light, gel-cream that absorbs quickly so I can grab my touch-screen phone without leaving fingerprints. I do have to reapply after every hand wash but I love the scent anyway. It's a bit expensive for what it is but I usually get this when TBS have their 2 for $12 sales. Do I think it's necessary to have a dedicated hand cream? Not really but the small size makes it purse-friendly and me more likely to use it.

Aqua Glycolic Face Cream -- $19.19usd for 2 oz ($9.60usd per oz)
I try to be diligent with my skincare but some days, I just can't muster enough effort to do anything more than cleanse. Then my skin gets all dry and flakey and gross. Most of my stuff is still packed so I gave this cream a go. I've never tried a glycolic acid before but this stuff worked miracles! In one use, my skin looked more radiant, moisturized and back to its old self. I'm breaking out around my chin in whiteheads currently, which makes me worried but I think (hopefully) my skin is going through a purging process since glycolic acid is an AHA that helps blemish-prone skin. I've only been using it the past week so I'll update next month or so.

Lumsing Portable Power Bank -- $19.99usd
While this isn't a beauty item, I have been loving it this month. Ever since purchasing a smartphone, the battery life drains so quickly. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has good battery life compared to my friend's iPhone 4s but after a few hours streaming Youtube videos and Facebook, it'll need a charge. I've been with my grandmother for the past two weeks so I'm on my phone when she naps. This has come in handy when an outlet wasn't readily available in her hospital room and now in her home. I like the glossy white because it matches my phone but it  also comes in a glossy black and metallic gold. It charges my S4 two times fully before needing a charge itself. I'm sure it'll have better battery life for iPhones!

What have you all been enjoying this month? 
Let me know down below!

XOXO,MWAH ♥


No comments