Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

PROJECT PAN | A to Z February 2018 Update

Hello everyone! If you've been following my Project Pan on Instagram, thank you! I'm super excited as this is my first major project pan. Anyhoo, I thought the blog would be the place for a round-up, a summary of updates on Instagram. So if you miss some updates, check the blog at the end of the month. But you you prefer instant updates, my Instagram would be the place for you. :) 

I wasn't sure how I wanted to organize my updates. So I've decided to separate it into the products I used for more than half the month, the products I got use in fewer than half the month, and the ones I didn't use at all. At the end, I'll show the ones I had to swap out for whatever reason and the ones I hit my goal.
bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL,

MOST USED PRODUCTS

C is for Benefit Coralista Blush (not CF) -- Looking at a photo from the beginning of the photo, a small bit of the embossing was visible. I have since worn it away and there is a clear dip on one side of the pan. With spring here, I think I'll go a bit heavier on blush application because I hardly notice it in person out in daylight. I'm definitely a blush person!
H is for Benefit Hoola Bronzer (not CF) -- Mentioned down below!

J is for Dr. Jart Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm (not CF) -- I think I used this maybe two times before putting it into this project. I now have less than a third of it left! Once I can't dispense product by squeezing, I'll cut open the tube and scrape out the remaining product into a jar. This will probably be gone by the next update!

L is for Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Protect (not CF) -- This was full when I started and a month later, I have half of it left. I do use a lot more of it because it isn't a silicone based one. The gel cream formula is great at smoothing any dry flakes and keeping my face hydrated throughout the day. Since it is meant to be a primer, I would still layer a sunscreen underneath. I am going cruelty-free so I don't think I would do a dedicated review on this but if there is enough interest, I could make one.

M is for Maybelline ExpertWear Quad in Chai Latte "Crease" (not CF) -- There's a sizeable dip right in the center! I started with this one practically unused so seeing the progress makes me happy. I thought about whether I wanted to go across evenly or just dip in the center and for the purpose I use it for, it's easier for me to concentrate in the center. This is an ashy colored shadow I normally wouldn't put on my eyes (makes me look tired) so repurposing it as eyebrow powder is handy. The only thing is that this shadow isn't very pigmented so I will have to incorporate a brow wax pencil to help it adhere.

S is for Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (not CF) -- Without meaning to, I somehow have used up more of the top two quadrants. Not sure if it's because of how I dipped my brush or the softness of the formula, so I'm going to make a more concerted effort to wear it down evenly. It's not pigmented enough on its own so I do pair it with Coralista for extra punch.

T is for Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Medium (CF) -- I am probably never going to finish this concealer! The color is a bit too orange for my complexion so I use it as an undereye color corrector to neutralize the darkness underneath my eyes. I use slightly more than a pinhead-size amount for both eyes so maybe I'll have to figure out another way to use it.

Z is for Zit in Murad Acne Spot Fix (CF) -- This was a full tube and I'm not sure if the progress is visible in the photo. But I have used maybe a quarter of the tube in just a month and a half! I do use this every morning on my trouble spots and sometimes at night if the spot is particularly stubborn. It did dry my skin out a bit at first but now that I'm using a facial oil, my skin has acclimated--win!

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL,
B is for Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Powder Foundation in "Honey" (not CF) -- Tiny pan is visible! It does the job it removing the tackiness of my concealer and doesn't oxidize or darken my concealer.

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL,
I is for Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact (CF status unclear) -- With the warmer months coming, powder is a necessity! I can sort of see the outer ring so I'm hoping pan is coming soon!

LIGHTLY USED PRODUCTS

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL,
E is for L'Oreal Infallible Crayon in Enduring Rose (not CF) -- It doesn't so I tend to use it only in my inner corner for brightness. Will have to use it more often!

F is for LipFusion InFATuation in Full Frontal (status unclear) -- Lip gloss isn't my thing and this one tingles. Not a fan but the color is nice and the formula doesn't make my lips dry.

K is for Colourpop Lippie Stix in Konichiwa (CF) -- This is a pretty color for work so hopefully I'll get more use out of it soon. 

P is for Holika Holika Eyeliner in Black Plum (status unclear) -- Purple eyeliner used to be my (grape) jam. It's dark enough to give definition but isn't black. I think I used this once so I don't think it'll be finished by the end of the year...

R is for Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow (not CF) -- I mainly use this as a blush topper since it's glittery and not very pigmented. 

W is for BareMinerals Well Rested Face & Eye Brightener (CF) -- Not great at brightening but good for thinning out thicker concealer. 

X is for NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese (CF) -- I like to use this as a shimmery base for powders and for inner corner highlighting.

PRODUCTS I DIDN'T USE

Amber Rush, Gimme Brow Pencil, NARS Orgasm, Maybelline Orange Attitude, Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, YSL Primer

PRODUCTS I'M SWAPPING 

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL, dr. brandt, DDF
So I didn't actually finish this Dr. Brandt bb cream but the product separated in the tube. I believe it went bad and honestly, it wasn't that great to begin with. I'm replacing it with the DDF Amplifying Elixir which is now discontinued. I'm looking for something to keep my skin from drying out because it's been peeling a lot.

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL, Urban Decay
Again, I didn't finish this NARS liner in Via Veneto but I didn't know how to dispense more product. Turns out, this pencil does not need sharpening! Twist the bottom for more product. I butchered the pencil by sharpening it and it dried out completely. I'm swapping it out with this Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Liar. This mini size came in a holiday kit in 2014 so it time to get use out of this. 

GOALS MET

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL, High beam, Hoola Bronzer
I finally hit pan on my Benefit Hoola Bronzer so I'm replacing it with the Benefit High Beam.

bareMinerals, benefit, Colourpop, de-stashing project, Dr. Jart, eye, face, Innisfree, L'Oreal, LipFusion, lips, maybelline, murad, NARS, NYX, Project Pan, revlon, tarte, ulta, YSL,  Sunscreen, Urban Decay Primer Potion
I used up my ULTA Beauty sunscreen and replaced it with my really old Urban Decay Primer Potion. If I squeeze it all the way to the opening, I have about half of the product left.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer, project pan
This is a progress photo of where I started and where I am now.

So this is my February 2018 update! I know it is now July and I already have the photos edited and I just have to write my thoughts. It's been a very busy time, working two jobs, taking an online stats class, and social engagements. I'm back to one job, I finished the class, and attended the last wedding of this year so I should have lots more free time! 

What have you all been up to this summer/winter?

XOXO,
Cindy ♥



No comments