Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

REVIEW | TheBalm Cosmetics Instain Blush

REVIEW | The Balm Cosmetics Instain Blush toile, swiss dot, houndstooth swatches

Winter is settling in quite well here in the Northern Hemisphere and I'm still enjoying the cold weather. There's just something about a nippy morning that makes me feel energized for the day! Though I love a crisp morning, I'm more of a night owl. Waking up for 9AM classes has got me feeling like a zombie, colorless and lifeless. To inject some life and color back in my complexion, I like to add a dab of TheBalm Cosmetics Instain Blush, which I'll be reviewing for you all today!
I have three of the Instain Blushes that I grabbed during a flash sale. They have these every once in a while so I'd keep my eyes open! The Instain Blushes tote a long-wearing, staining effect for color that doesn't quit. I actually hauled these a while back so check that out if you want to see what else I bought!

First off, let's talk about the PACKAGING! TheBalm does some of the best packaging for me, along with Benefit. It's funny because they both remind me of each other with the punny names and pin-up packaging, not to mention that both companies are based in San Francisco. Aside from that, the cardboard compact may have come off as cheap but the pictorials on the front and back totally make up for it--they look great displayed on my table! The magazine spread is definitely adorable but useful as the color scheme reflect the color inside. With a strong magnetic closure, I never have to worry about it popping open during travel nor ruining my freshly manicured nails. Speaking about travel, the small size (2 inches by 3 inches) and thinness makes it perfect for small bags. There's also a useable mirror inside the compact for touch-ups on the go--though I highly doubt you'll have to touch-up your blush when wearing these!

FINISH on these are matte but they FEEL very silky and smooth. There's not a detectable SCENT but I have a weak nose. Despite their soft and girly exterior, these blushes definitely pack a punch when it comes to PIGMENTATIONYou will most definitely need a fluffy brush as they are the most intense blushes I have ever come across. I use the e.l.f. Complexion Brush but even then, I lightly tap my brush in, tap again on the back of my hand, and then APPLY to my cheeks. Since the pigmentation is quite intense, they don't blend out very well if you have too much on your cheek. These aren't "slap on and go" kind of blushes but the staying power totally makes up for it. WEAR TIME is all day for me, which varies from 8-10 hours. I don't have a problem with my blush fading but if I applied a bit too much, I can still see the same vibrancy at the end of the day.

SWATCHES

REVIEW | The Balm Cosmetics Instain Blush toile, swiss dot, houndstooth swatches
I included a pigmented swatch and a slightly blend look to help you picture how it'll look :D
Offered in 6 SHADES, I have Toile, Swiss Dot, and Houndstooth. Color is very true to pan--what you see is what you get. Toile is described as a strawberry color. On my yellow, light-medium skintone, it comes off as a warm pink. It matches my natural flush well so it look quite natural on me. Swiss Dot is an intense peach color. It doesn't see much light in wintertime, but come summertime and I'll be sure breaking this one out for sure! Houndstooth was an experimental color for me. A mauve shade, I didn't expect to get much use out of it. Lo and behold, it's precisely the color I love to wear with my more "intense" eye looks or dark lippies because it acts as a subtle contour without being a contour product. There's a slight satin look to Toile and Houndstooth but they essentially shows up matte on my face.

OTHER THOUGHTS

Though there are only 6 colors, there is a color for everyone. That's not usually the case but even darker skin tones can use this. If you are a fair lady (or gent!), I highly suggest you start out lightly and build up to your desired level of intensity--scratch that--everyone should start out lightly and build! You all have been forewarned: less is definitely more when it comes to these blushes! At $22usd for 0.23oz ($95.65usd per oz), it's not the most affordable, but since you only need a little bit, these blushes will probably last you forever! Compared to my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes, these are slightly less blendable but more cost-effective. 

WHERE TO BUY


What are your thoughts on pigmented blush?
 Have you tried theBalm's Instain Blushes?

Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Bloglovin


XOXO,MWAH ♥

No comments