Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

ABOUT ME | TMI Tag

I've been revamping my blog lately--spot the updates!--and I wanted to add an "About Me" section. Not having a clue on where to start, I decided to post a TMI Tag instead. I'm a bit behind my regular posts, but I'm currently charging the camera I usually use so updates will be forthcoming!

1: What are you wearing? My standard blogging outfit: comfy, oversize t-shirt; basketball shorts but any loose bottom will do. I'm not too fussy about my clothes and since I blog from home, so no need to dress to impress!

2: Ever been in love? I'm still not sure what love is but to answer the question, yes? I mean, I've had a boyfriend before but he wasn't my world or anything. To be honest, the passionate, Hollywood rom-com sets such an unrealistic expectation that I am disillusioned with the whole "falling in love" concept. Before I get into a philosophical stream of consciousness about love, let's move onto the next question. Which is..

3: Ever had a terrible breakup? I've only ever had the one boyfriend so I have nothing to compare it to. If being dumped on your birthday through an instant messaging service when your ex-boyfriend had been cheating for months counts as a bad break up, then yes? It may not have been the best break up but after having several years to get over it, no, it's not terrible. 


4: How tall are you? I'm 5'6" or 167.64cm, give or take. It's been a while since I've measured my height but that's what my government ID states.

5: How much do you weigh? My government ID states 135 pounds or 61.235kg but as weight fluctuates throughout the day, this is the number I'm going to go with.

6: Any tattoos?  Not at the moment. There are no absolutes in this world so I cannot rule out the potentiality of a tattoo in my future. My pain threshold is quite low so the idea of getting stabbed my hundreds of tiny needles do not appeal to me in the slightest. However, a small hummingbird on the side of my neck has been on my mind lately. When I stayed at my grandmother's house as a young girl, hummingbirds used to visit her garden every morning so they remind me of her.  

7: Any piercings? Just the standard earlobe piercings. I thank my lucky stars my parents pierced my ears as a toddler so I have no recollection of the pain or healing process. As a semi-rebellious teenagger, I wanted an industrial piercing, or a bar running through the lobe and tip of my ear, but seeing my friend go though it and taking my low pain tolerance into account, I decided against it.

8: OTP? "One-true-pairing" for those who aren't into anime or K dramas. I can't think of any but one that came to mind is Geum Jan Di (금잔디) and Yoon Ji Hoo (윤지후) from Boys Over Flowers (꽂 보다 남자). It was one of the first K-Dramas I watched and while I cringed rewatching it a couple of months ago, I thought that these two had more chemistry and affection than Gu Jun Pyo and Geum Jan Di. I did fall in love with Lee Min Ho (이민호) through this drama, so it wasn't a total bust.

9: Favourite show? At the moment, I'm loving Once Upon a Time. I loved reading fairy tales and their retellings as a child so watching this tv show is a no-brainer for me. It's definitely a welcome respite from sappy K-dramas and melodramatic anime that I had been watching. 

10: Favourite bands? I may not look like it, but was so into metal, rock, and punk as a teen. Some of my favorites are Bullet for my Valentine, Skillet, Good Charlotte, Three Days Grace, Paramore and Linkin Park. I'm into Kpop and Ariana Grande lately but I still love all the aforementioned bands.

11: Something you miss? I don't like to dwell in the past and prefer to live in the present so I don't reflect upon my past often. But something I miss is all the lazy summers spent outside as a child. By no means am I an outdoorsy person but I loved playing outside and taking walks in the morning with my grandparents. Life is so busy these days that I don't have a lot of time to just meander through nature but when I graduate from college, I'll hopefully have more time for leisurely walks again.

12: Favourite song? I'm usually not an indecisive person but this question gives me pause. If I had to pick just one, it would have to be "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, this song picks me right up. Also pumps me up during running as well :D

13: How old are you? I just turned 21 a couple of months ago. Wasn't the exciting bonanza I was expecting as it happened to fall on U.S. Thanksgiving but I'm not the partying type anyway.

14: Zodiac sign? I think I'm a Sagittarius last time I checked. I don't put much stock in the horoscopes or personality characteristics but if you do, more power to you. 

15: Quality you look for in a partner? Many of my friends and family say that I have high standards so I won't bore you with my exhaustive list. Besides the usual ones, like intelligent and funny, my top three are independence, spontaneity, and thoughtfulness. In fear of sounding like a dating site profile, I like independence because I need my space and like people who can do things for themselves; I'm not very spontaneous so I would like my partner to be; I consider myself to be a thoughtful person so I would expect my partner to be so too. 

16: Favourite Quote? I used to struggle immensely with what people thought of me, so the following quote by Bernard Baruch is apt: "Those who mind, don't matter, those who matter don't mind."

17: Favourite actor? Lee Min Ho. He's easy on the eyes for one but the roles he's taken on have been my favorites so far. I've watched some of his interviews and he's just so likeable. Not sure how else to explain it but if you've never watched anything of his so far, I recommend City Hunter. In a brief moment of indecisiveness, I also want to mention Kim Soo Hyun. Seriously, I haven't watched anything of his I didn't like and he does the typical douchebag boyfriend in K-dramas well without making me hate him completely.

18: Favourite color? Anything in the minty blue to teal family. It's the accent color of my blog :)

19: Loud music or soft? I'm a soft music person. I don't like to stand out and since I have damaged ear parts (my ossicles I think), I have to make sure the volume isn't blasting. 

20: Where do you go when you're sad? I like my bed. If I don't have to do anything for the day, I like to spend most of it in my bed. IKEA beds aren't known for their stability but the mattress sure is comfortable!

21: How long does it take you to shower? A typical shower for me is 10-15 minutes. I don't stay in the shower for the whole 10-15 minutes but from the moment I enter the shower to the time I exit is usually 10-15 minutes. As I live in California, I have to be mindful of the amount of water I use as we're in a perpetual drought so I'm finding ways to cut my shower time even more.

22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Depends on what time I wake up and where I'm going. If I'm going to class or grabbing a quick meal, I need like 10 minutes or less. If I'm going out to a fancy place or have a presentation for class, I'll take an hour to give myself a full body makeover lol.

23: Ever been in a physical fight? I grew up with two brothers and we're quite close in age. I can only remember 3 distinct ones but we yelled at each other more often than resorting to physical means.

24: Turn on? This is a beauty blog not a dating site so I'm skipping this question >.<

25: Turn off? I dislike boastful, arrogant, sexist people and those who can't keep their promises, no matter how small or large it is.

26: The reason you started blogging? It was the first summer I had off in a while so I was bored. I'm not sure when the idea hit me and I couldn't sleep in the least so I got up, started writing ideas for blog posts, and claimed my domain. I worked into the morning and fell asleep in the afternoon when I posted my first ever post. When I get excited about something, I can't rest until I'm done.

27: Fears? Besides the usual spiders and heights, I'm fearful for my own mortality, if that makes sense. Not that I'm an attention seeker by any means but since I don't have an extended circle of friends or family, I don't want to be forgotten. After having a health issue last year, I realized that good health is not to be trifled with or taken for granted, hence, my reluctance at sky diving. 

28: Last thing that made you cry? This one is harder for me to recollect as I've been home during the holidays so not much to make me sad. Probably when I watch K-dramas or something.

29: Last time you said you loved someone? I'm not a mushy person and I don't take the word "love" lightly when it comes to people so it's probably been a while. 

30: Meaning behind your Blog Name? I didn't want my personal name to be in it since I wanted to remain anonymous when I first started. I thought I was being witty since I love lip products and so if you take just the first letter of every word in my blog name, you get the acronym "MWAH". So clever, amirite?

31: Last book you read? Hmm, I don't read for pleasure much anymore but I think it was Divergent by Veronica Roth. I liked it enough to read all of the books in the trilogy plus the companion book. However, I still like The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld better as they made me feel all kinds of emotions.

32: The book you're currently reading? I don't have time to sit down and read for hours on end like I used to but does reading beauty blogs count?

33: Last show you watched? Once Upon a Time. If you like fairy tales with a bit of an edge, featuring female heroines, I'd recommend it.

34: Last person you talked to?  My dad. What can I say, I'm a daddy's girl. ;)

35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted? My phone is currently charging since I forgot to do so last night so IDK.

36: Favourite food? I'm a glutton so this one is a bit hard but I can eat sushi and sashimi anytime, all the time!

37: Place you want to visit? I definitely want to visit Korea since I just love the food and culture, not to mention the entertainment.  

38: Last place you were? I've been home all day so my bedroom? But if you mean outside, I went to Pink's in LA and had the Mayor Dog--awesome and come hungry!

39: Do you have a crush? See question 17. 

40: Last time you kissed someone? Does my sky bison, Tokki, count?

41: Last time you were insulted? I've done a good job in getting rid of haters in my life and I'm not an antagonistic person so it's probably been a while (at least, to my face, anyway).

42: Favourite flavour of sweet? Chocolate. I've eaten many, many chocolates in my day and I'm never sick of it. I don't like fruity or sour as eating too much of that makes me throw up. TMI I know, but this is the TMI Tag!

43: What instruments do you play? I played the viola in middle school but it's been years since I held one.

44: Favourite piece of jewellery? I have the gold bracelet with tiny baubles-like attachments on it. I received it from my mother when I earned my academic letterman during my senior year so it holds fond memories. It was hella expensive, considering the tough times we were in during my younger years, so I cherish it that much more since I know how much that money meant to her.

45: Last sport you played? I'm very uncoordinated and klutzy (and I have the bruises to prove it!) so I avoid sports like the plague. I do like running since there aren't any rules other than stay in your lane and on your feet. You can also do it anywhere--no playing field required. I also like playing Just Dance on the XBOX 360 and have almost all iterations of this game.

46: Last song you sang? Not much of a songbird but it might have been "Love Me Harder" by Ariana Grande or something on the radio. I'm pretty sure my brother's over it, but when we're stuck in traffic, it gives everyone some giggles as we sing it off-key and as ridiculously as we can. 

47: Favourite chat up line? I'm a fan of corny jokes and puns so any of them would probably make me laugh but this one takes the cake, "Do you have a Band Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you." Totally fits in with my life since I'm so klutzy...

48: Have you ever used it? I haven't had the pleasure but when the occasion calls for it, you best believe this one is the one I'd say!

49: Last time you hung out with anyone? I haven't seen my best friend in months since she was in London but my siblings and I went out to eat yesterday :D

50: Who should answer these questions next? Anyone who has the time and patience to answer all of these questions! I thought this would be faster than sitting here wracking my brain for a clever way to introduce myself to the interwebz but this has been 4 hours in the making. If you want to just answer a few or all of them, I'd love to read your answers.


XOXO,

MWAH ♥


No comments