Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

BLOGMAS | Day 11: Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette Makeup Inspiration

It's New Year's eve as I'm writing this post! It's been raining the past several days so I'm hoping it'll stop in time for New Year's Day. I was planning to have this up before then so y'all could draw inspiration from this for your New Year's eve looks but I've been running errands, trying to get everything done before I start school in a week. Anyhoo, I also planned on doing a review on the Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette but since it was limited edition and sold out like hotcakes, I never got around to doing it. But I had all these looks planned out and wanted to share them with y'all anyway, so I hope you don't mind.
Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette Makeup Inspiration, review

going for gold


Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette Makeup Inspiration, review
I'm a huge fan of gold shadow, so my eyes immediately went towards Flash. It's quite a burnt yellow gold and reminds me of a coat I had in my teens. My friends teased me whenever I wore it, calling me "Big Bird" from Sesame Street (as I was quite tall and gangly) but I loved that coat like no other. I also used a mix of Oak and Suede for my crease and it's such a great crease color for my skin tone. I added a bit of Velvet on the outer corners for a darker look and it blended into Flash so easily. Overall, these shadows blended seamlessly into one another without much work on my end -- me likey.

tickled plum

Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette Makeup Inspiration, review
  When I'm feeling flirty, purple is my go-to color. For my base color, I went in with Fringe. It's close to my skin color but has a pink tinge to flatter the purple tones. I used Ribbon in the crease and Silk as my transition color. Volt is a gorgeous sparkly purple that complements my skin tone. I find that some purples make it look like I've been punched in the eye but this one doesn't make my eyes look swollen. I like to add sparkle in the inner corners whenever I do a smokey eye and Blitz, an icy pale pink completes this look nicely. 

 green with envy

Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette Makeup Inspiration, review
Since the other two looks were in my comfort zone, I went with a green-themed look for my last one. I attempted a halo eye and I think it went quite well! For the transition color, I went with Silk to warm up the cooler green tones. I started with Moss in the outer and inner corners, keeping the center bare. I added Watt in the center, blending it with Moss. The look didn't have enough definition, so I went in with a bit of Stone, a greyish hunter green. That improved the contrast but I added Jet for even more definition! A halo eye takes a bit more work so going back and forth with all the colors is necessary to get the right amount of contrast. For the lower lash line, I went for Stone on the inner and outer lash line and in the center, went with a brighter green, Ignite, to really make the eyes pop. 

Overall, I think that this palette was one of my most favorite purchases of 2016. I don't often wear color so these colors are more than enough for me. I love that I can go colorful or neutral with these shadows. Also, I don't have to reach for different palettes as this palette contains every color I need to complete a look. The mattes performed beautifully without any fall out or kick up. The shimmers are intense and again, no fall out! Each shadow blended seamlessly into the next, even with the differing textures. The color selection all work together in harmony so I never run out of ideas for color pairings. I wish it wasn't limited edition because I think it should be a staple in every makeup lover's collection. I am definitely interested in trying Kat's other Metal Crush shadows but I'll have to wait until I used up a few shadows. 

Let me know what look is your favorite! I also attempted to use all the colors but these were my three favorites that I came up with. I never know how to wear blue shadow so if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Wishing you are yours a happy and healthy New Year!

XOXO,
Cindy ♥



No comments