Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Innisfree Summer 2015 Limited Edition Liquid Glow Shadow

FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Innisfree Summer 2015 Limited Edition Liquid Glow Shadow #01 sandy beach, #04 green sea

As I'm sure most of y'all know by now, I'm a huge fan of liquid eyeshadows. I love how most don't require a lot of prep to look good. Shimmery shadows are my favorite kind but most powder versions irritate my sensitive eyes. Cream and liquid shadows are a nice alternative for sensitive shimmer eyeshadow fans like me! Anyhoo, Innisfree released 5 shades of the Liquid Glow Shadow in their Summer 2015 Collection. I have #01 Sandy Beach and #04 Green Sea here to review today. Let's see how well they perform!

{THE BREAKDOWN}

The packaging is adorable. There's tiny pictures of divers and flippers across the cap. The plastic bottle itself is sturdy so no worries for the klutzes amongst us! The tapered paddle-style wand is large enough to cover my slightly hooded eyelids in one sweep but the rounded tip can also be used to accent my inner corners. 

The formula is typical of liquid eyeshadows, i.e. a mousse-y cream. It's slightly cooling upon first application but that goes away. Comparing it to other liquid shadows in my collection, it's most similar to the Armani Eye Tints and Rimmel ScandalEYES Eyeshadow Paints (product smackdown). It never feels heavy on the eyes nor drying. I can't detect any scent, which is a plus for my sensitive eyes. 

I apply this shadow directly from the wand and use my fingers to blend it out. It doesn't need much work to look good. Excessive patting will lift the color rather than blurring out the edges. Layering more color can get patchy if the previous layer hasn't completely dried. It's best to just get it right on the first try. Like other liquid eyeshadows, they set quickly so do one eye at a time for best results. Since they set very quickly, using these as a base for other shadows is a bit difficult. I would apply any shadows beforehand then apply this last to achieve the most opaque coverage possible.

Wear time is where this gets a bit disappointing. Without primer, they start to move and settle in my crease in a few hours. As I bought them in the heat of summer, the shadows were no match for my oily eyelids and hot body temperature. I would definitely soak up any excess oil around my eye area and then apply eye primer before I apply these shadows for best results. 

{THE SWATCH}

FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Innisfree Summer 2015 Limited Edition Liquid Glow Shadow #01 sandy beach, #04 green sea
#01 Sandy Beach is a pink champagne color with multi-color shimmers. If I apply it thicker, the finish is more metallic rather than shimmery.This one has a tendency to get patchy and uneven so don't blend this one too much. I've also tried using this one as a highlighter a la Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors but the shimmer particles are too large and noticeable for that. I haven't tried mixing it with my foundation though that's next on my to-try list!

#04 Green Sea is a lovely army green with multi-color shimmers. This one is a little easier during application so this one is my definite favorite. I'm not a fan of green shadows but this one doesn't look awkward on my yellow undertone skin!
FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Innisfree Summer 2015 Limited Edition Liquid Glow Shadow #01 sandy beach, #04 green sea

{THE BOTTOM LINE}

I think these are the first liquid eyeshadows that Innisfree has ever released. While they aren't the fuss-free style I like in my makeup, the colors are pretty enough for me to put up with, especially #04. I can definitely see myself using it a ton this fall. I'm wearing this shadow in my Innisfree Auto Pencil Liners Summer 2015 (review) so head on over there to see it in action!

Price varies according to website your purchase from but I got these on testerkorea for 7,920 krw ($6.89usd). I can't tell how much product is in each tube as it's not listed on the packaging and various websites have wildly different amounts. Needless to say, it'll take me a while to go through an entire tube so I'm satisfied.

{WHERE TO BUY}

Liquid Glow Shadow // ibuybeauti  / koredeapart  / testerkorea

XOXO,
MWAH ♥


No comments