Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

HAUL | Lorac Pro Metal Eyeshadow Palette & NYX Essentials

NYX hd concealer in beige and tinted brow mascara in espresso lorac pro metal eyeshadow palette swatches ulta summer haul

Hi everyone! It's been such a long time since I last posted that I'm a little off my game. Starting off with a haul post seemed like a good idea to get the ball rolling. ULTA had their annual summer sale and so I jumped on that faster than ants at a picnic! I didn't grab too much since I have tons of things to go through but I of course couldn't pass up on limited edition LORAC and 40% off NYX. So, to cut this long-winded intro off, lets' jump into the items!

NYX hd concealer in beige and tinted brow mascara in espresso swatches

NYX is a huge favorite of many bloggers so I got two of the most popular items. I can never have enough concealers and this one seemed to have a lot of yellow in it. I prefer yellow toned concealers to cover my undereye darkness and redness around my nose. I've only tried one brow mascara from Benefit so this is a welcome addition. Right off the bat, I'm not big on this one. As you can see from the swatches, it's hard to get any product off and the brush is scratchy and huge compared to the Benefit one. I will withhold further judgement until I actually try it on my brows but so far, it's not looking too hot. 
NYX hd concealer in beige and tinted brow mascara in espresso swatches
swatches of NYX HD Concealer & Tinted Brow Mascara
HAUL | Lorac Pro Metal Eyeshadow Palette swatches
 Pardon the blurry picture! I could've sworn it looked nice in the viewfinder but I hope y'all don't mind. I wasn't able to retake this photo because I've lost the USB uploader cord thing (ordered a new one on Amazon--will be here in 2 days. Thank goodness!). I originally wasn't going to get this because I have tons of palettes and the shadows remind of the LORAC Pro 2 Palette (review). However, seeing swatches on the Lorac Instagram page totally won me over. The model has deeper skin than me but they still look gorgeous on my light-medium skin tone. I could always use a dark brown base under *files that thought away for a later post* As is consistent with all Lorac shadows, these are so pigmented and easy to blend. These don't feel as creamy as the shadows in the original Pro Palettes but I don't get fallout. I will definitely have an in-depth review this palette for y'all soon! Here are swatches to tide you over until then.

There was a promotion with Lorac at the time so I got a free mascara. Haven't cracked it open yet because I have 3 mascaras open but once I do, I will update!
HAUL | Lorac Pro Metal Eyeshadow Palette swatches
from left to right: Cobalt, Clover, Amber, Gilded, Onyx, Graphite, Rose Gold, and Quartz
P.S. This palette is limited edition so get yours before they run out!
HAUL | Lorac Pro Metal Eyeshadow Palette swatches rose gold quartz
Lorac Pro Metals Palette using Rose & Quartz
Here's an easy look I came up with. I don't remember anything I used face-wise but on the eyes is Rose Gold all over with Quartz patted onto the center for a pop. I think I used Taupe from Lorac Pro 2 Palette in the crease. Eyeliner is most likely MEMEBOX Perfect Soft Gel Eyeliner in Moonstone (unboxing) but any warm, medium brown will do. I've been playing with this palette everyday, coming up with dramatic looks. So far, everything has come out quite nicely so those looks will be forthcoming!

So that concludes this haul! I feel like I've been very wordy but after being so MIA on the blog, I don't want to edit my words, haha. Everything has settled down for the most part so posts will be coming regularly. I'm in a Summer Cleaning mood so I've cleared out tons of makeup to either sell or toss, clothes to be donated, and I feel so much more free. Anyhoo, I'll let y'all go and I'm super happy to be back! <3 p="">

XOXO,
MWAH ♥


No comments