Beauty Round-Up

Cruelty-Free

FOTD

UNBOXING | SoYoung x MEMEBOX: Soyoung Box

Happy Easter or Passover to those that celebrate it! I dyed am egg for the first time ever and it turned out really nice! Anyhoo, I wanted to share my thoughts on the I Wish Lovely MEMEBOX. I love watching Soyoung 언니's videos so I was excited when I heard she was releasing her own brand of makeup. Composed of 3 Stick Shadows, 2 Lip & Cheek multiple, and a concealer. I purchased the Soyoung Box which came with everything except the concealer.

THE BREAKDOWN

  • Lip & Cheek -- $15usd for 4.5g/0.16oz ($93.75usd per oz), 2 shades available
    • Touted as a multitasking product for lips and cheeks. I found that it works better on the cheeks than it does on the lips. I had no problems with the applicator but the texture was weird. It felt slippery, kind of like silicone and never set on my lips. Pressing them together or touching them moved the product, making my lips look patchy and streaky. It settled into lip lines and emphasized dry skin where I didn't notice them before. The formula reminds me of the Bourjois Rouge Velvets but those don't look patchy and do set. On the cheeks however, it's a completely different story. It blends easily, doesn't feel heavy and is buildable. So far, there's no leaking--fingers crossed! There's no shimmer in these products. They do have a scent that I can't quite place. On me, it lasted the entire day even though I didn't use any setting powder.
  • Stick Shadow -- $10usd for 1.1g/0.04oz ($250usd per oz), 3 shades available
    • Convenient and easy to use, eyeshadow sticks are all the rage. These are creamy and pigmented with the lightest graze. I'd compare them to my beloved Tarte Amazonian Clay Shadow Sticks. All shades contain varying degrees of shimmer. The rounded tip comfortably glides across the lids but can also be used for a thin liner if I'm careful. To be sure, I use a liner brush with the product to get a precise line. The swivel is not as smooth as I would like but it's a minor issue. Once set, these last all day without primer, great for oily or hooded lids!
  • Concealer -- $11usd for 2.4g/0.08oz ($137.50usd per oz), 1 shade available
    • I didn't buy this as the concealer looked too light for my skintone but a reviewer mentioned that it was good for her fair skin on the go.

THE SWATCH

I WISH LOVELY STICK SHADOW (from left to right)
01 Lovely Rose Gold
02 Lovely Sepia
03 Lovely Deep Bronze

  • 01 Lovely Rose Gold -- a glittery apricot. The base is opaque and the gold and silver shimmers make it look very glittery. My eyes weren't irritated by the glitters. They stayed put throughout wear.
  • 02 Lovely Sepia -- a metallic orangey peach color. This is definitely a Soyoung color and while it's not my kind of everyday color, it does a good job of brightening my eyes.
  • 03 Lovely Deep Bronze -- a dark brown base with gold shimmers. While I don't think it's a bronze, it looks great along the lashline. 

"dupes" for 02 Lovely Sepia
Despite my earlier statement about this color not being my go-to, I have several iterations of it in my collection LOL. Here are just some of the ones I could remember off the top of my head.
  • The Body Shop -- exact dupe; powder form
  • Maybelline -- color is the same but doesn't have the gold sparkle; cream form
  • Etude House -- color is slightly more orange and slightly more sparkly; pressed pigment form
  • Ri Re -- color is the same but the gold sparkles are larger; loose pigment form
The other two seem to be unique so far. I mean, a dark brown liner is easily found but the gold shimmer makes it different.
the Lip & Cheek applicator

I WISH LOVELY LIP & CHEEK
02 Lovely Pink (top)
01 Lovely Peach (bottom)
  • 02 Lovely Pink is a reddish magenta.
    • Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette -- slightly more red, matte finish is similar
    • Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocaliptic -- more intensely pink, satin-glossy finish
  • 01 Lovely Peach is a pastel peach



THE LOOK

Wearing 01 Lovely Peach on cheeks
LID // Lovely Sepia
OUTER CORNER // Lovely Deep Bronze
INNER CORNER // Lovely Rose Gold
LIPS// 02 Lovely Pink (left) / 01 Lovely Peach (right)


THE BOTTOM LINE

I really like the Stick Shadows! They're reasonably priced and the formula is solid. I hope she comes out with more colors! The Lip & Cheek works better on my cheeks than they do my lips which was disappointing. However, it's so easy and travel friendly so I would take them with me when I travel, especially Lovely Peach. The rose gold and shimmery white packaging is lovely; I hope the writing doesn't rub off with continued use since the lettering is so elegant. 

WHERE TO BUY

SOYOUNG BOX // Buy
I WISH LOVELY LINE // Buy

What blogger/vlogger brands do you support? 
Will you be buying anything from this line?

XOXO,
MWAH ♥





No comments